Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are women so annoying?

Options
  • 13-08-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Ok I’m sure a couple of men can be assholes occasionally. And I know that not every woman is, just the majority.

My girlfriend had a hospital appointment and as a kind, generous and overall just super guy I said I would bring her. She says to me the night before “make sure you wear something nice”.

Oh did the letter from the doctor say it was a black tie event? Is the prognosis or advice or medicine prescribed going to be different depending on my clothes?
    Firstly, do you think I’m going to turn up in pajamas ffs? Secondly, I went to work in the morning so she knew I’d be smartly dressed. “Oh don’t wear that wine jumper you wear to work”. For someone who is so concerned about what I’m wearing, she hadn’t noticed I haven’t worn that for months and it’s a nice jumper anyway.

Her comment had no impact on what I wore but when I collected her looking well, I’m sure she thought to herself, oh he listened to me, thank god I said something. Of course at the hospital most people were just wearing jeans, tshirt etc.

This isn’t just my girlfriend. You’d see plenty of examples of this kind of sh!t on tv or on nights out or in supermarkets. I’ve worked in a number of offices and plenty of women would tell stories about the stupid things they said to their partner. So what’s the reason for these kind of pointless comments? They enjoy telling people what to do, want to be the boss? Just enjoy annoying men?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Are you a woman OP?
    That's the only way this can work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Let it out OP. Let it out.

We can be annoying. Shrug.

But there you go :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sounds like you have a wine jumper that you wont give up and makes you look like a hobo.
    This is not a gender thing, it a wine jumper thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Well she is your girlfriend so how does that reflect on you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Ok I’m sure a couple of men can be assholes occasionally. And I know that not every woman is, just the majority.

My girlfriend had a hospital appointment and as a kind, generous and overall just super guy I said I would bring her. She says to me the night before “make sure you wear something nice”.

Oh did the letter from the doctor say it was a black tie event? Is the prognosis or advice or medicine prescribed going to be different depending on my clothes?
    Firstly, do you think I’m going to turn up in pajamas ffs? Secondly, I went to work in the morning so she knew I’d be smartly dressed. “Oh don’t wear that wine jumper you wear to work”. For someone who is so concerned about what I’m wearing, she hadn’t noticed I haven’t worn that for months and it’s a nice jumper anyway.

Her comment had no impact on what I wore but when I collected her looking well, I’m sure she thought to herself, oh he listened to me, thank god I said something. Of course at the hospital most people were just wearing jeans, tshirt etc.

This isn’t just my girlfriend. You’d see plenty of examples of this kind of sh!t on tv or on nights out or in supermarkets. I’ve worked in a number of offices and plenty of women would tell stories about the stupid things they said to their partner. So what’s the reason for these kind of pointless comments? They enjoy telling people what to do, want to be the boss? Just enjoy annoying men?

I'm a bloke and i find men are more annoying than women. Maybe just your mindset

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Break up with her.

Always interests me the way people who complain about the opposite sex still can't cope without a partner (of the opposite sex)!

I can't stand women like that - and there are a lot of them - but to say they're the majority is way off.

I'm a bloke and i find men are more annoying than women. Maybe just your mindset
    Read my posts for while you will change your mind. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

H8GHOTI wrote: »

What are you wearing right now OP?

Read my posts for while you will change your mind. ;)

I like you Vibes.

You get a bit of a raw deal now and again, but i'll call you on any BS you post

I am struggling to believe that the OP is an adult.

• Advertisement

I like you Vibes.

You get a bit of a raw deal now and again, but i'll call you on any BS you post

Thats ....every ...post.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

why would you wear a jumper in the summer ?

a wine jumper....what is wrong with a wine jumper???

Or maybe its the separation of work you from ....you.

My work me is very different from my me. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sounds like you have a wine jumper that you wont give up and makes you look like a hobo.

I'd call my jumper burgundy tbh, and it's hobo-chic for your information. Good day to you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Wine jumper was a gift from an ex. New woman must exterminate wine jumper.

a wine jumper....what is wrong with a wine jumper???

Or maybe its the separation of work you from ....you.

My work me is very different from my me. :)

Honestly had to read that 5 times to understand what you were saying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Bet ya it was a private appointment???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Is it wine coloured?
    Or is it his wine jumper, as in when he drinks wine he wears that particular jumper?

Maybe he wears it, I mean drinks a little too much?
    And that was just her code for asking him to show up sober?

Burgundy colour jumper is never good unless you are 60 year old math teacher with corduroy trousers.

Honestly had to read that 5 times to understand what you were saying

Maybe its like the jumper is the 'work him'. And she doesn't want 'work him' to bring her to the hospital. She doesn't want work boyfriend in the work uniform. She wants boyfriend boyfriend.

• Advertisement

Sorry, could you repeat that, I can't you hear you while you're under that thumb.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Which type of wine jumper

normal_prosecco-wine-unisex-christmas-jumper.jpg
    xlarge_0w7a0128.jpg
    966249218_01.jpg

Wine-GMarJ_zpsrscjpour.jpgmaroon_jumper.jpg

Maybe its like the jumper is the 'work him'. And she doesn't want 'work him' to bring her to the hospital. She doesn't want work boyfriend in the work uniform. She wants boyfriend boyfriend.

No, i got there in the end of original post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Sounds like more of a whine jumper

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd generally agree with that myself S, except when things go into the romantic, when they can be a complete bloody headmelt. Then again maybe men(tm) are too, women(tm) complain enough about them, but I dunno as I'm not gay.
    Raconteuse wrote:
    I can't stand women like that - and there are a lot of them - but to say they're the majority is way off.
    This. So much this. People differ enough that you should be able to find someone who is compatible with your own headspace. Deliberately going out with people who wreck your head just because they have a fanny/dick always struck me as a bit daft, though many, if not most will do it at some point.

I know I did for a time. My niche(though in my experience I have to say it's a lot of women) was the never happy for long types. Always some bloody whinge or other in the mix and I found myself running around putting out one small fire after another, with the occasional raging bushfire. Like they were slightly uncomfortable in their skin all the time. I learned that in life try to always seek out those with the happy mindset as their basic default, in friendships and especially relationships. If you want drama, a season ticket to your local cinema should suffice.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Burgundy colour jumper is never good unless you are 60 year old math teacher with corduroy trousers.

Its damn sexy then.

Tell her next time to get the bus or learn how to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Shorts, sliders and a wine jumper. Nice!

What’s wrong with her anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I always get very concerned about men who go out with these annoying women.
    Why would you put yourself in your position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Why do you hate fish, OP? Did a fish make fun of your jumper?

Advertisement