Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving saver account because of account closure

Options
  • 25-02-2020 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have 2 accounts, one personal & one joint one with my partner. The personal one has a saving account "attached". I would like to close my personal account and connect the saving account with the joint account. Is this possible?
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Allgäuerin,[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]When you open a regular savings account, the direct debit would need to be taken out of the account nominated at account opening. If this account needs to be closed, it would be necessary to set up a new savings account. We would not be able to change the direct debit details for the account once it is set up.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Once the account has been closed, a new account can certainly be set up using your joint account for the direct debit.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We hope this information helps.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Many thanks,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Richard[/font]

Advertisement