Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl 4 in 1 Petrol Garden Multi tool

• 20-02-2020 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭

In Lidl this week, €150, anyone know if they are any good? worth the money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Yep got one last year and it's fantastic especially the saw, I done some amount of work with it limbing trees and cutting hedges.

Have you a link? Can’t see it in either of the garden sections on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yep got one last year and it's fantastic especially the saw, I done some amount of work with it limbing trees and cutting hedges.

Same here, very happiy with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Bought one last week. Only put the strimmer on it yet. It seems decent quality. The engine runs pretty rough. And there are alot of vibrations from it.

I'm looking forward to trying the saw with the extension pole.......it will be some workout.!!! I will also need a serious exclusion zone around me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭glwaymiko

There ok for occasional use , if I were to be using it regularly no way..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Anyone know if the lidl strimmer is any good? 100 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Anyone know if the lidl strimmer is any good? 100 euros.
    Seems to be the same engine as the multitool....the wide handles can be clumsy in tight spaces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I bought the multitool a couple of weeks ago, I cut a lot of hedging with it and I can say it seems good quality for the money. I didn't notice the rough running of the engine as has been commented, in fact, it is the easiest starting two stroke motor I own, easily restarts while in your hands, rather than being put on the ground. When I researched it I noticed a few complaining about the drive teeth wearing where you attach the various heads. It seems easy to attach the head, without pushing it all the way home, and I would saw that would wear the teeth fairly quickly, so ensure the head is fitted correctly before using.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭chickey

would this be ok at taking down slightly larger branchs of leylani and griselia?
    have fairly old hedge that would like to reduce in height if pole saw would do? would use head trimmer, strimmer a bit.

would not need tool for very regular use, but my electric hedge is dying/dead so need s replacing anyway

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Good tool!

However the hedge trimmer has a plastic casing over the mechanical bits. This casing is easily broken if remotely dropped on the ground.

Mine cracked open and the trimmer is ruined.

So be aware of that, other than that i found the grass strimmer and all the rest of the stuff very usable.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Good tool!

However the hedge trimmer has a plastic casing over the mechanical bits. This casing is easily broken if remotely dropped on the ground.

Mine cracked open and the trimmer is ruined.

So be aware of that, other than that i found the grass strimmer and all the rest of the stuff very usable.

You can get all them parts from the manufacturer!

You can get all them parts from the manufacturer!

Any links?

https://www.solenttools.co.uk/parts-by-brand/florabest.html

Lidl customer service are fantastic BTW and will put you through to Florabest too...

https://www.solenttools.co.uk/parts-by-brand/florabest.html

Lidl customer service are fantastic BTW and will put you through to Florabest too...

Excellent , thank you sir

Anyone a link or is it a secret?

listermint wrote: »
    Excellent , thank you sir

Actually might be of use too... https://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-795D1BAB-E6E26EE6/lsp/hs.xsl/product.html?id=583089299&title=Benzine-combi-apparaat+4-in-1+FBK+4+B2&count=1

I don't think it's for sale at the minute...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Firblog

There are about 10 of them available in my local Lidl, strange that they aren't on the website, but if anyone wants any info on them here's a link though I'm fairly sure the one's I saw had the harness included too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

chickey wrote: »
    would this be ok at taking down slightly larger branchs of leylani and griselia?
    have fairly old hedge that would like to reduce in height if pole saw would do? would use head trimmer, strimmer a bit.

would not need tool for very regular use, but my electric hedge is dying/dead so need s replacing anyway

thanks

That’s exactly what I used mine for. Used the chainsaw with the extension and it worked a charm. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Phoenix Run

Is the strimmer still in stock in any Dublin stores? Seems to be out of stock in my local one. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Is the strimmer still in stock in any Dublin stores? Seems to be out of stock in my local one. Thanks!

They had a few in the Lidl in Ballycullen yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Firblog

5 in 1 in Aldi on Sunday.

Advertisement