Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burial or Cremation

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

You want me to be flushed down a drain like an unwanted goldfish?

You? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Graces7 wrote: »
    Love the old graveyards and used to clear one or two when I was there.

And if you read the stones, it is history in stone. Fascinating and keeping memories alive.

Fascinating?

They give very little information.

Waste of valuable space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Well, we have a family plot, and I'd like to be buried there. It's in my will, and I've put aside money to (hopefully) pay the costs. That is, if the sea hasn't reclaimed the plot since shore erosion is a big thing in the area.

I doubt it'll happen though. Since I tend to live in Asia, getting permission to bring a body back (and the expense) is really difficult, so.. yeah. whatever is easiest.

You could do what many do - be cremated overseas and have the ceremony there for
    your overseas family and friends and then have someone bring you home in your urn for burial. Much more cost efficient than flying a heavy coffin home & only basic paperwork needed from the undertaker.

I’ve now forgotten the question!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Regis779

Would love to be thrown into water (me and the old sea) when dead or biocremated

Advertisement