Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with these sentences (Verbs like Gustar)

Options
  • 14-05-2016 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭

What are the mistakes in these sentences. I can't see as I've just started learning verbs like gustar and I don't quite understand it yet :(

• Mi hermano le aburre estudiar idiomas.
    • A todos los españoles le encanta el jámon serrano.
    An explanation of it would be good - my notes are quite ppor and I need to speak to my tutor next week to get a recap.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anyone? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

What are the mistakes in these sentences. I can't see as I've just started learning verbs like gustar and I don't quite understand it yet :(

• Mi hermano le aburre estudiar idiomas.
    • A todos los espa oles le encanta el j mon serrano.
    An explanation of it would be good - my notes are quite ppor and I need to speak to my tutor next week to get a recap.

Thanks.
    se aburre. Le encantan

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dalki

Hi!
    I know is a little late to answer this, but I want to do it just to close the topic...

a) Mi hermano le aburre estudiar idiomas.
    You have two options with the same meaning (I prefer the first one without the context):

1. Mi hermano se aburre al estudiar idiomas.
    2. A mi hermano le aburre estudiar idiomas.

b) A todos los españoles le encanta el jámon serrano.

1. A todos los españoles les encanta el jamón serrano. ('Todos' is plural, so 'leS' is plural too, and is 'jamÓn' because the word ends with -n)

Advertisement