Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zgemma H7s out of the box

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Steam your brow before opening the door cough cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭mr_cochise

greasepalm wrote: »
    Steam your brow before opening the door cough cough.

Lol, I don't even know what means

This is the craic now. It said delivery by 18:00 earlier.
    The local courier must be under awful pressure.
    Poor fella, I'm not that stuck. It can wait until tomorrow. Imagine if he arrived at the door just before midnight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

mr_cochise wrote: »
    This is the craic now. It said delivery by 18:00 earlier.
    The local courier must be under awful pressure.
    Poor fella, I'm not that stuck. It can wait until tomorrow. Imagine if he arrived at the door just before midnight!

The contractor that delivered my parcel said he normally only went to building sites wasn't used to domestic runs and the hassles finding addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ITV2

dulpit wrote: »
    Just to go confirm, in case a long thread can intimidate you (it did for me), when I got a second h7s for a buddy I set up as follows:
    1. Boot box and follow steps of setup wizard
    2. Install autobouquetsmaker
    3. Install crossepg
    4. Install autotimers
    5. Set up autobouquetsmaker - I picked Sky UK London SD and switched HD channels - this gives me 101 as BBC1, 104 as Channel 4 HD and 111 as Dave, which is what I was most familiar with after using Sky). I picked Saorview and selected the correct mast and allowed to run.
    6. Set up crossepg to run nightly
    7. Fin.Feel free to shout questions if/when you get box.

Note - my box is using Pure2, but I set my buddy's up with OpenVix, they're all largely the same but some menu items might be in different place.

I bought this box today, i'd 2 feeds into it astra 1/2 and after 4 hours i'm none the wiser. I disconnected astra 1 and did a factory reset with Saorview and astra 2 only and still none the wiser. I've just lists of channels in no order. Before this box I'd got an amiko mini which did the job for saorview/astra1/2.
    I thought i'd venture into the world of Zgemma7 . Think I'll unplug it till tomorrow.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ITV2 wrote: »
    I bought this box today, i'd 2 feeds into it astra 1/2 and after 4 hours i'm none the wiser. I disconnected astra 1 and did a factory reset with Saorview and astra 2 only and still none the wiser. I've just lists of channels in no order. Before this box I'd got an amiko mini which did the job for saorview/astra1/2.
    I thought i'd venture into the world of Zgemma7 . Think I'll unplug it till tomorrow.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    T.

What image did you go with? To clarify - make sure you have 2 x satellite cables connected and 1x aerial. Once that's done and you've followed the setup instructions you likely will have 100s of channels in no obvious order. If you've got this far you're on the right track...

Next step is to install autobouquetsmaker. My tv is currently hijacked by youtube, but I'll check later for exact steps. You should be able to install it as a plugin though.. Let us know if you get this far..

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ITV2

I've this far with it, (Image) open ATV I think.

menu-information-about- that page will say what is loaded.

Woohoo!
    It has arrived. I asked the courier about any charges and he shrugged his shoulders and said that he was not aware of anything.

• Advertisement

Woohoo!
    It has arrived. I asked the courier about any charges and he shrugged his shoulders and said that he was not aware of anything.

Mums the word so. :D

Cleared

ITV2 wrote: »
    I've this far with it, (Image) open ATV I think.

Have you installed abm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭swoofer

check invoice!! now get to work setting it up. you may have got a bargain.

Empty cardboard box was a good bargain,now for the fun

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/brexit-and-european-orders-from-january-2021

Right so lads, all set up.
    Abm and crossepg running fine.
    I have changed the skin to the Youvix-Blue which I think looks class.

I was wrong about the lnb I had a few posts back. I only had to legacy ports along with 2 wideband so I'm going to order a new octo and that's it for today (have to work evening shift).

• Advertisement

Great and that skin with the picons looks ace. Octo lnb = 8 outputs thats a lot.

enjoy new box and remember its multiboot so you can have 4 images, pure2 looks good, and openatv with metrix skin but thats for geeks. The pic quality in the zgemma gets good reports too.

swoofer wrote: »
    Great and that skin with the picons looks ace. Octo lnb = 8 outputs thats a lot.

enjoy new box and remember its multiboot so you can have 4 images, pure2 looks good, and openatv with metrix skin but thats for geeks. The pic quality in the zgemma gets good reports too.

Ah, I forgot about the picons. Where can I get a fresh set of those?

hang on i'll check, i think they are in plugins but they look fab.

hang on i'll check, i think they are in plugins but they look fab.

Thanks swoofer. I got them in plugins and installed before I left for work.
    The virgin and rte junior ones are missing.
    I widened the picons in the epg from 100 to 220 and they look great.

Right so lads, all set up.
    Abm and crossepg running fine.
    I have changed the skin to the Youvix-Blue which I think looks class.

I was wrong about the lnb I had a few posts back. I only had to legacy ports along with 2 wideband so I'm going to order a new octo and that's it for today (have to work evening shift).

Congrats and welcome to the slippery slope of enigma box addiction where your closet nerd gets to play. :D

• Advertisement

Next comment will be " i should have got this box years ago "

I think I got the ones for virgin from the high horse brigade thread,

Thanks swoofer. I got them in plugins and installed before I left for work.
    The virgin and rte junior ones are missing.
    I widened the picons in the epg from 100 to 220 and they look great.

The virgin ones are probably included in your picon set, but named incorrectly. I can't remember which way it is, but it's either the channel name is Virgin1 and the picon is VirginOne or vice-versa. Quick rename via filezilla will sort you out there. Assume same for RTE Jr (that there's a naming issue)

The virgin ones are probably included in your picon set, but named incorrectly. I can't remember which way it is, but it's either the channel name is Virgin1 and the picon is VirginOne or vice-versa. Quick rename via filezilla will sort you out there. Assume same for RTE Jr (that there's a naming issue)

Thanks Dulpit,
    what's the username and password for openvix when I access through filezilla?

try root and dreambox

Thanks Dulpit,

I use pure2, so it's different for me, but I think it's possibly root and no password.

Edit: Techkings agrees with me - no password by default: https://www.techkings.org/threads/installed-openvix-on-box-but-cant-ftp-i-dont-know-password-i-want-to-install-xe-plugin-for-iptv.160368/

Thanks Dulpit,

On latest openvix image you have to setup a password on box via remote and save .Using Filezilla you now have to enter 3 things:(:( as before it was only ip of box and root and now needs the password entered on Filezilla.

Great stuff. They were naming issues.
    Changed virgin media one to virgin media 1 and similar for the other virgin channels.
    Changed rtejr to rtejunior. All picons are now displaying correctly.

greasepalm wrote: »
    On latest openvix image you have to setup a password on box via remote and save .Using Filezilla you now have to enter 3 things:(:( as before it was only ip of box and root and now needs the password entered on Filezilla.

I went to menu-setup-network-password and created a password. Pressed green button to save.
    Then went on filezilla. Used ip address of box, root as username, entered new password and left port empty and I was able to access the files.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 willsandbills

Just a note to say that the zgemma h7s arrived in 3 days via fed ex. The bag said cleared on it.
    Now maybe that means i will yet get a bill for vat in the post but as of 1 week later , not yet.

Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Just a note to say that the zgemma h7s arrived in 3 days via fed ex. The bag said cleared on it.
    Now maybe that means i will yet get a bill for vat in the post but as of 1 week later , not yet.

Fingers crossed.
    Mums the word!

542540.jpeg

Indeed,

I have tuned in the channels but they are all over the place and i cant find any info to tell me how to sort them. The booklet that comes with the h7s is really pretty useless. is there a thread here that is the equivalent to an idiots guide to doing the basics with this box ?? if not a few pointers would be mucho appreciated.
    w

Indeed,

I have tuned in the channels but they are all over the place and i cant find any info to tell me how to sort them. The booklet that comes with the h7s is really pretty useless. is there a thread here that is the equivalent to an idiots guide to doing the basics with this box ?? if not a few pointers would be mucho appreciated.
    w

The easiest way is to use the WEBIF function. Assuming you have the box connected to your home network, enter its address into anything with a web browser 192.168.xxx.xxx to access the web interface. In the bottom left you will see bouquet editor. Once there you can create and edit a favourites bouquet (fancy name for channel list). Choose channels from the bottom left to add to a bouquet. On the right you can click the 3 lines to drag channels up and down to any order you want. You can also mix Saorview and satellite in the same list(s).
    I would strongly suggest you make a backup first, on your remote go MENU>SETUP>BACKUP MANAGER if using Vix. Then play around in WEBIF. It is a very powerful and useful bit of kit.
    NB:- yours will look very different to mine.

542549.jpg

What you need to do now is setup your autobouquetmaker for your setup.
    Menu - setup - tuners and scanning- autobouquetmaker- providers--Saorview-YES -REGION--as in local transmitter.

+ need to setup your sat for sky uk and maybe use a location in uk for their line up of channels?

I have not used 28.2 for years so unsure what it says for that.

thank you both gerrywicklow and greasepalm.. Getting there now

w

You can choose either Sky Ireland, Sky UK or Freesat as providers in AutoBouquetsMaker. My tip is to pick Sky UK, pick an SD region (London or Norn Iron are the usual 2) and then choose option to swap HD. This will give you Channel 4 HD as 4th channel, will have Dave as 111, etc. It's handy this way if you're coming from Sky and can remember the numbers.

I put Saorview first, so channel 1 = RTÉ 1, 2 = RTÉ 2, etc. With Sky 2nd, it means that 1101 is BBC1, 1102 is BBC2 and so on.

Happy tuning!

Thanks guys, sorted re tuning.

i just hit the RECORD button and asked it to record for 15 mins. There was no message to say if it was doing it ??
    maybe it did , anyway the question is how do i find my recording ?? ( assuming it did the biz)
    Or maybe I need to go back a step and ask if i should have done anything else to make it record. ( BTW yes I had installed a hard drive this morning )

w

Did you setup your hard drive for use as with a new one i format and the initialize it and it shows as ext4 in mounts.File list on remote for recordings.

I chose using bouquets channel and when on that say itv hd press red to open up the epg and select a program for recording green and green again leaves an icon of program to record.

Just to add. You will see a red dot symbol in WEBIF while the box is recording. You can also use WEBIF to set and review timers. There is also the autotimer function which is for series linking.

And my broken record routine. If you are happy with your channel list(s) BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
    You can make as many backups as you like. Each will be timestamped. A few seconds now will save hours of swearing later.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, sorted re tuning.

i just hit the RECORD button and asked it to record for 15 mins. There was no message to say if it was doing it ??
    maybe it did , anyway the question is how do i find my recording ?? ( assuming it did the biz)
    Or maybe I need to go back a step and ask if i should have done anything else to make it record. ( BTW yes I had installed a hard drive this morning )

w

Press the files button in the middle of the remote.

Hi all,
    just an update on taxes and charges. I received an email from FedEx this morning billing me E63.38 for import charges. Attaching screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

Hi all,
    just an update on taxes and charges. I received an email from FedEx this morning billing me E63.38 for import charges. Attaching screenshot.

Do you mind me asking what your WoS order total was? I assume over €150 if you are being charged duty?

Thanks again, It will have to all wait a while now as I was doing this on another satellite dish yesterday. my new one has to be aligned yet. Ill prob use the satellite finder app unless any suggesti

BTW i noticed that the pic quality coming through from the Zgemma was much better that the built in tuners in the 2 year old LG tv that i was using it on, For that alone its worth the money.

thanks again all

w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Disappointing! I was hoping that this would be classed as computer components, and thus be exempt from duty.

€18 as FedEx's handling charge is scandalous. You don't have the option to deal with Revenue yourself, so you're forced to pay it.

Also, not sure FedEx went about it in a fair manner. The charges weren't made clear to you before you accepted delivery. Therefore, you didn't know what they would be (if any) and you didn't have the option to refuse delivery.

padmcv wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what your WoS order total was? I assume over €150 if you are being charged duty?

WOS total was 129.95 sterling (E147.76) plus 13.92 sterling for FedEx (E15.82).
    Total 143.86 sterling (E163.58)

• Advertisement

That is scandalous Mtr Cochise, ill prob get that in a few days also.

The 150 limit for duty is apparently calculated by adding the price of the unit to the shipping and then adding the courier handling charge and if all that totals 150 you get duty added. It will be bad news for future WOS sales outside the UK. and indeed for all other UK sellers. It will all sink in as reality over the next while im afraid.

Schorpio wrote: »
    Disappointing! I was hoping that this would be classed as computer components, and thus be exempt from duty.

€18 as FedEx's handling charge is scandalous. You don't have the option to deal with Revenue yourself, so you're forced to pay it.

Also, not sure FedEx went about it in a fair manner. The charges weren't made clear to you before you accepted delivery. Therefore, you didn't know what they would be (if any) and you didn't have the option to refuse delivery.

Yeah, I'm okay with the import and customs charges based on examples I have come across but I'm a bit pissed about the lack of transparency from FedEx. They have made E34 out of the whole total of E227 euro.

Bloody hell rape in the making , yes a real bummer.

Did one read this as it might be of help.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/brexit-and-european-orders-from-january-2021

That is not on. You should advise WOS. For anyone else that box is now €147.00 inc delivery at satworld. Thats an 80 euro hit for having an image loaded. Just ordered one as still on lockdown.

That does not mention the extra charges.

That is not on. You should advise WOS. For anyone else that box is now €147.00 inc delivery at satworld. Thats an 80 euro hit for having an image loaded. Just ordered one as still on lockdown.

That does not mention the extra charges.

Just to add that I also got a 500gb harddrive installed, an 8GB usb stick, and also the image preloaded.

• Advertisement
Advertisement