Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net gear orbi

Options
  • 20-01-2021 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Hi bought this a while ago and only setting it up now.
    Have eir broadband in house as it is.
    Want to connect in the man cave that I built about 10 mts from house.
    Put the main orbi in the kitchen plugged directly into the eir router.
    Put the 1st node in the sitting room ( nearest room to the cave) and other node in the cave .
    Excellent WiFi in the cave but notice that the WiFi in bedroom on other side of the house isn’t as good as when orbi not connected . It isn’t a large house at all and there is only 6/7 mats between router and the bedroom in question .
    Do I need a third node for that side of house ? If I do where is the cheapest place to get just an extra node ??
    If I don’t any idea why the drop off in WiFi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

jem wrote: »
    Hi bought this a while ago and only setting it up now.
    Have eir broadband in house as it is.
    Want to connect in the man cave that I built about 10 mts from house.
    Put the main orbi in the kitchen plugged directly into the eir router.
    Put the 1st node in the sitting room ( nearest room to the cave) and other node in the cave .
    Excellent WiFi in the cave but notice that the WiFi in bedroom on other side of the house isn’t as good as when orbi not connected . It isn’t a large house at all and there is only 6/7 mats between router and the bedroom in question .
    Do I need a third node for that side of house ? If I do where is the cheapest place to get just an extra node ??
    If I don’t any idea why the drop off in WiFi
    Did you switch off the WiFi in the Eir Router? If not, you may be getting interference between channels on the Eir Router and the Orbi? Having installed the Orbi Mesh WiFi, you should try to run the whole house on it, and not be switching between Eir and Orbi. It is also possible that the Eir Router has better coverage than a single Orbi node, and you may still need an extra Orbi, particularly if you are trying to do 5GHz WiFi in the bedroom (for TV etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

Also depends what version of orbi you have? Some only have a limited range.
    If you are going to get another satellite, check to make sure you get the right one.

Advertisement