Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website tracking

Options
  • 21-12-2020 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

There are a number of websites that I've started to use heavily for work. However, I seem to be getting blocked. How does a website block a visitor if I clear tracking cookies from my browser? I've done that and still can't access. I'd imagine they can block via IP. I would have thought I have a dynamic IP but will double check to see if it changes tomorrow.

Is there any other mechanism a website admin can use to block a visitor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

websites that I've started to use heavily for work
    Have had my access stopped in the past as something in my IP range was DDOSing the site (it wasn't me).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

the_syco wrote: »
    Have had my access stopped in the past as something in my IP range was DDOSing the site (it wasn't me).

I've tried with mobile also but getting the same blocked response via that ip. I guess its possible that a blanket country ip block has been applied (I've had that with a number of north american websites in the past). And it's the same if I use tor.

Advertisement