Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU woes

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    gen4 riser cables starting at 150 euros..no thanks

Especially when the performance difference is negligible. I honestly thought that it would be a simple change the ribbon cable......:rolleyes:

Cheers, I've looked at that option, but I'm using an inverted motherboard so it won't work because of case restrictions.

Alot of problems with the vertical mounts and different riser cables....so I was just seeing if you had it vertical might be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

PSU didn't solve the issue.

Was onto CCL and they are sending a DPD van to collect the GPU.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Update.

CCL cancelled the DPD pickup because of Brexit.

I've to send them courier quotes and they will enquire about refunding me those fees.

This is a mess.

Shambolic TBH, £1500+ card and getting the run around I would be spitting blood.

When I got my 3090 my mate got the same as yours and had no end of trouble with the card for about a week, seems okay now.

Really hope you get it sorted, even if you send it back registered the max amount insurable I think is €500! No good to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    When I got my 3090 my mate got the same as yours and had no end of trouble with the card for about a week, seems okay now.

My son's 3090 X Trio has worked without a hitch from day one.

On the other hand, I had my share of trouble with my Zotac 3090, with most games crashing to desktop after a bit of game play. I had to use DDU every other day, to be able to cobble together an hour of gameplay without a crash. As time wore on, games would crash quicker and quicker, leading to another DDU session.

I'm not sure what changed, to be honest. But from a certain point on, no more crashes. I think it was a new driver version, but can't say for sure. You forget when good things happen, you only remember the bad ones.

Sorry about the long rant, I hope you get yours sorted soon.

Update.

New GPU installed. (FE 3090)

Games now work perfectly.

Old GPU getting sent back to UK.

Cheers for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Update.

New GPU installed. (FE 3090)

Games now work perfectly.

Old GPU getting sent back to UK.

Cheers for all the help!

Delighted you are sorted out now

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Delighted you are sorted out now

I'm trapped in the house trying to work from home with two young kids. I need this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'm trapped in the house trying to work from home with two young kids. I need this.

Ditto only I have 3 of the infernal ickle feckers!

• Advertisement

So a little update.

My old MSI 3090 was returned to CCL and they concluded that it was a bad card. So they are returning the card to the manufacturer and sending me a new 3090 instead.

So now, ill have a 3090 FE and 3090 MSI, say ill just sell on the MSI one as i much prefer the FE look and its just that little bit smaller in the case to fit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

So a little update.

My old MSI 3090 was returned to CCL and they concluded that it was a bad card. So they are returning the card to the manufacturer and sending me a new 3090 instead.

So now, ill have a 3090 FE and 3090 MSI, say ill just sell on the MSI one as i much prefer the FE look and its just that little bit smaller in the case to fit better.

SLI

SLI

Id say having two 3090s would melt the inside of my pc and id probably be able to cook eggs off it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

SLI

That might not be possible, differing 3090s have the SLI connector in differing positions. nVidia were really set on destroying SLI, even on their most expensive cards.

CCL just contacted me.

They will not be returning my original MSI 3090. (since sourced an alternative anyhow) since they no longer ship to the Republic of Ireland.

That's grand, I'm getting a full refund. But I know they will sell my replacement card at a substantial markup.

CCL just contacted me.

They will not be returning my original MSI 3090. (since sourced an alternative anyhow) since they no longer ship to the Republic of Ireland.

That's grand, I'm getting a full refund. But I know they will sell my replacement card at a substantial markup.

Shame, you could have made a nice few quid flipping the replacement 3090 in this market, but all's well that ends well! Did you get the FE at MSRP or did you get gouged on it?

Inquitus wrote: »
    Shame, you could have made a nice few quid flipping the replacement 3090 in this market, but all's well that ends well! Did you get the FE at MSRP or did you get gouged on it?

Paid 120 over. But it was still cheaper than the the MSI 3090

Going to use money for new motherboard and CPU

Paid 120 over. But it was still cheaper than the the MSI 3090

Going to use money for new motherboard and CPU

Sad to say but €120 over represents a massive bargain at the moment, glad you got sorted.

Advertisement