Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get terrestrial TV on Samsung smart tv?

Options
  • 04-12-2020 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering how do i get terrestrial tv (rte one, two, virgin 1 and 2 etc) on a samsung smart tv. I have tried a normal aerial in the back and tried to auto tune the channels but no luck. Do i need to buy a saorview box or whats the best way to get irish channels without subscribing to sky etc?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

When you say normal aerial, is a small indoor type or an externally mounted one?

If it's an indoor one most likely the signal isn't good enough for reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

BigProblem wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering how do i get terrestrial tv (rte one, two, virgin 1 and 2 etc) on a samsung smart tv. I have tried a normal aerial in the back and tried to auto tune the channels but no luck. Do i need to buy a saorview box or whats the best way to get irish channels without subscribing to sky etc?

Thanks in advance

What model TV?

I expect you plug in an aerial ........ not the cable coming from a satellite dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Try the lads on Richersounds forum as they are very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭BigProblem

The Cush wrote: »
    When you say normal aerial, is a small indoor type or an externally mounted one?

If it's an indoor one most likely the signal isn't good enough for reception.

Thanks for reply - its a small indoor aerial

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭BigProblem

What model TV?

I expect you plug in an aerial ........ not the cable coming from a satellite dish.

its a samsung smart tv, ive plugged in a small aerial into tv and not a cable from satellite dish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Do you have an external aerial?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭dubrov

Post the model number to be sure but every TV sold in Ireland has a Saorview/Terrestrial tuner.

You'll need to tune in after connecting the aerial.
    An indoor one may not get a strong enough signal depending on your distance and orientation from your nearest transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

BigProblem wrote: »
    Thanks for reply - its a small indoor aerial

Did you get the terrestrial channels on your old TV with the same/similar aerial? Do you know how far away you are from your nearest transmitter?

Advertisement