Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marriage for an Ambitious Man

Options
  • 07-10-2019 8:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭

We all envisage ourselves marrying the beautiful lady, right? But if a man looks at the bigger picture in life, might it be best to make sure that beauty and glamour not be a quality in his spouse. Would this help him keep distraction to a minimum in his life? Usually where there's beauty there's glamour, and where there's beauty there is going to be drama! And drama is distraction.

I always wondered if I'd ever marry. But I would have always thought to myself that if I did marry, that such a woman would have to meet a certain level of beauty. From a young age I would have had this idea that I would like to marry someone that I could show off. I'd never have considered that I could just get married to an ordinary woman, who would be at or below my own level. Now I don't mean that men should aim for the same type of girl when dating, or hooking up - I'm talking about marriage. For me, it's as if this video made realise what I already knew. Don't be too distracted by the video title! It's actually pretty much about an entirely different matter.

Don't get me wrong, I love to witness the drama, the silliness and demands that beautiful women bring along. It helps me to get out of my head and into my body. But I'm not so sure I want to be that close to that drama. The reality is that pretty women are used to getting things a little bit easier in life, so what does that you setting yourself up for by marrying such a woman?! It's kind of ironic, in that a successful man might have viewed beautiful women as the prize for hard work for much of his life, and that it might be best altogether to not marry one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIo-C9jIeUc

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What did you already know?

But if a man looks on the bigger picture, might it be best to make sure that beauty is not a quality within the equation.

I've read this sentence several times, and can only declare it to be incoherent dribble. As for the video, about one step removed from PUA bolloxology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭WrinklyNeck

What did you already know?
    Because of the very fact men work hard in life in order to gain the attention of beautiful women, it can be kind of confusing for us to realise that we shouldn't view them as the prize. Even though at the same time, it is such women that are the prize! Is that confusing? There's nothing stopping you from marrying a women of average looks and being able to keep you mind in the right place and not having to change as a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Because we work hard in life to gain the attention of beautiful women, it can be kind of confusing for us to realise that we shouldn't view them as the prize.... even though they are the prize. Is that confusing!

No, you should keep looking at them as the prize. It's more drama with ugly partners. Lower self-esteem and higher divorce rates among ugly partners.

I've read this sentence several times, and can only declare it to be incoherent dribble. As for the video, about one step removed from PUA bolloxology.
    Always with the cynical one liners. Don't knock what I'm trying to say just because I didn't word it right.

• Advertisement

Hobosan wrote: »
    No, you should keep looking at them as the prize. It's more drama with ugly partners. Lower self-esteem and higher divorce rates among ugly partners.
    Stop acting like an obtuse teenager. If you're being serious, I'll ask you if you're saying that pretty women higher self esteem that average looking ones?

As for the video, about one step removed from PUA bolloxology.
    And? Is that your best attempt to silence such a point of view?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Madonna / Whore complex much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I remember seeing a poster in HMV when I was in my teens.

Cracking looking woman, massive breasts, spectacular figure. The tag line was:

"Somebody, somewhere is sick of putting up with her sh1t"...

It was quite an epiphany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"All day long I'd biddy biddy bum
    If I were a wealthy man!
    "

:pac:

Keyzer wrote: »
    I remember seeing a poster in HMV when I was in my teens.

Cracking looking woman, massive breasts, spectacular figure. The tag line was:

"Somebody, somewhere is sick of putting up with her sh1t"...

It was quite an epiphany.
    The first person to actually understand was it is I'm even talking about!

Women are people, not prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Candie wrote: »
    Women are people

Soylent Green is people.....

Therefore, women are Soylent Green

OP, have you considered looking for somebody you like being with rather than a nicely shaped c*ck holster? That would deal with some of your issues. If you're genuinely looking for a drama free life, then you're better off staying on your own*. Any relationship has drama (regardless of the attractiveness of the people involved).

*and if you don't stay on your own, don't have kids because that's like drama squared.

Dear god, please let the OP be the same person as the others that spout such shite. Not sure I could take it there were this many pathetic males IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Why did I try to read that …………………….. :/

Wrinkly Neck asks about beauty/trophy wives....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Here's a novel idea , now not sure if anyone will agree as its pretty out there and might be hard to get your head around, but ..............Marry however you fall in love with ,

Crazy I know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

The evenings are fairly drawing in all the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'm just hoping that some bright spark figures out machine learning and AI to the point that threads such as these can be scrubbed from Boards but when the OP logs on, they'll still see it. Random responses could be added, they wouldn't even need to make sense, they'd ft right in.

Haven't read such BS since the last BS thread probably from the same BS artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Candie wrote: »
    Women are people, not prizes.

You'll never make it on Love Island with that attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Jesus man I think you need to stay off YouTube and stop watching those weird American guys who spout this crap.

A woman is not an object who if above or at your level of beauty may prove a bit too distracting.......

Jesus Christ the internet is such fertile ground for this crap, a whole generation are having these types of conversations thinking them serious analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Bythefire

I always wondered if I'd ever marry. But I would have always thought to myself that if I did marry, that such a woman would have to meet a certain level of beauty. From a young age I would have had this idea that I would like to marry someone that I could show off. I'd never have considered that I could just get married to an ordinary woman, who would be at or below my own level. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIo-C9jIeUc

The funniest thing I have read in a long time. Op, do all the ladies out there a favour and don't inflict your insecurities on them.

If that is not a pi$$ take then I feel sorry for you. Marriage is about falling in love with someone, for their good points and bad. I'd prefer a man loved me for who I am rather than for my beauty.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, beauty fades op, depth and character don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Bythefire wrote: »
    The funniest thing I have read in a long time. Op, do all the ladies out there a favour and don't inflict your insecurities on them.

If that is not a pi$$ take then I feel sorry for you. Marriage is about falling in love with someone, for their good points and bad. I'd prefer a man loved me for who I am rather than for my beauty.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, beauty fades op, depth and character don't!

To play devil's advocate - beauty fades, but don't people also change? Who's to say you and the person you marry will be the same in 10 years? That the bad points won't start to outweigh the good? Are you supposed to just stick it out?

Also regarding looks, they fade but not nearly to the extent that people think. A beautiful 25 year old will almost certainly be a beautiful 50 year old barring a seriously callous approach to personal care. Maybe OP is right that a hot partner makes for greater allowance and compromise in other areas of the marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

We all envisage ourselves marrying the beautiful lady, right? But if a man looks at the bigger picture in life, might it be best to make sure that beauty and glamour not be a quality in his spouse. Would this help him keep distraction to a minimum in his life? Usually where there's beauty there's glamour, and where there's beauty there is going to be drama! And drama is distraction.

I always wondered if I'd ever marry. But I would have always thought to myself that if I did marry, that such a woman would have to meet a certain level of beauty. From a young age I would have had this idea that I would like to marry someone that I could show off. I'd never have considered that I could just get married to an ordinary woman, who would be at or below my own level. Now I don't mean that men should aim for the same type of girl when dating, or hooking up - I'm talking about marriage. For me, it's as if this video made realise what I already knew. Don't be too distracted by the video title! It's actually pretty much about an entirely different matter.

Don't get me wrong, I love to witness the drama, the silliness and demands that beautiful women bring along. It helps me to get out of my head and into my body. But I'm not so sure I want to be that close to that drama. The reality is that pretty women are used to getting things a little bit easier in life, so what does that you setting yourself up for by marrying such a woman?! It's kind of ironic, in that a successful man might have viewed beautiful women as the prize for hard work for much of his life, and that it might be best altogether to not marry one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIo-C9jIeUc
    You like drama so go for high maintenance drama queens. There are plenty of beautiful women out there who aren't head wreckers but you probably wouldn't be attracted to them because they aren't all about the drama. As for that video, the guy in it is pathetic. "I could've been a better fighter but I was distracted by women". Fcuks sake. These are grown men acting like immature hormonal teenagers and blaming women for their own inadequacies and lack of discipline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭Biodegradable

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    As for that video, the guy in it is pathetic. "I could've been a better fighter but I was distracted by women". Fcuks sake. These are grown men acting like immature hormonal teenagers and blaming women for their own inadequacies and lack of discipline.
    Well that's probably his best video, so you'd only think he's a bigger idiot in his other videos.

Plenty of ugly drama queens and beautiful cool women.

Also if your life's labour is all about impressing some woman, you are doing it all wrong. There are loser dole jockeys out there who have banged hundreds of these "beautiful women" when they were in their prime beauty - and they got to do things that the poor sucker with the lotsamoney would only dream his "princess" is too wholesome to do.
    Really all your hard work is in order to get the sloppy seconds of these guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭Biodegradable

Really all your hard work is in order to get the sloppy seconds of these guys.
    The OP was presumably talking about seduction as opposed to marriage.

Advertisement