Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-09-2019, 14:28   #1786
magic_murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
I think he meant her being in the movie at all, considering he hadn't seen the Captain Marvel movie so didn't know who she was or why she was there.
Correct - I haven't seen Captain Marvel so you can understand my confusion when she appeared in End Game with no real fan fair.
Advertisement
11-09-2019, 14:34   #1787
Midnight_EG

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_murph View Post
Correct - I haven't seen Captain Marvel so you can understand my confusion when she appeared in End Game with no real fan fair.
You must have also missed her in the trailer for Endgame

And the poster, in fact
11-09-2019, 14:49   #1788
magic_murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_EG View Post
You must have also missed her in the trailer for Endgame

And the poster, in fact
I didn't even look at the poster - seen it available on Sky, clicked the buy now button and wasted 3 hours of my life. Simple as that.
11-09-2019, 16:04   #1789
Foxtrol

Quote:
I didn't even look at the poster - seen it available on Sky, clicked the buy now button and wasted 3 hours of my life. Simple as that.
This goes back to a point earlier in the thread when there was a sudden second wave of reviews when a good download became available.

Sure everyone is entitled to an opinion, but regularly you can't put the same weight on complaints so late after a release. This is especially the case when they're vague, as often the person has the same issues as magic_murph has highlighted, where they either don't like the genre in the first place or have missed key pieces that frustrate them, which means they are never going to like it.
11-09-2019, 16:12   #1790
magic_murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrol View Post
This goes back to a point earlier in the thread when there was a sudden second wave of reviews when a good download became available.

Sure everyone is entitled to an opinion, but regularly you can't put the same weight on complaints so late after a release. This is especially the case when they're vague, as often the person has the same issues as magic_murph has highlighted, where they either don't like the genre in the first place or have missed key pieces that frustrate them, which means they are never going to like it.
I'v already address that items that I have missed and really don't think it would make a difference has I watched all the Marvel movies back to back (I bet somebody has done that) I still would think this End Game is a bad movie - either as part of the collective or stand alone.
Usually there are parts to like in most movies but not in this case.

I also think getting reviews after a few months after the initial release is good as the hyped has died down so the review holds a bit more weight as people aren't getting carried away or scared to buck the trend of saying this is the best thing since the last best thing.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-09-2019, 18:13   #1791
Foxtrol

Quote:
I'v already address that items that I have missed and really don't think it would make a difference has I watched all the Marvel movies back to back (I bet somebody has done that) I still would think this End Game is a bad movie - either as part of the collective or stand alone.
Usually there are parts to like in most movies but not in this case.

I also think getting reviews after a few months after the initial release is good as the hyped has died down so the review holds a bit more weight as people aren't getting carried away or scared to buck the trend of saying this is the best thing since the last best thing.
How does a review carry more weight when several of your main complaints showed you didn't understand what was going on? You've admitted that you don't really like MCU movies so it isn't surprising you don't like the finale that links them together, again not seeing why the opinion of someone with that mindset should hold more weight.

Originally I thought fair play to you for giving your reasons for your opinion, but when called out you've now quickly veered into the usual vague late comer who has watched it because there's nothing else on reviews that go along the lines of 'it was a bad movie because I didn't like it'. I've no interest in having a discussion at that level so I'm out.
12-09-2019, 09:08   #1792
magic_murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrol View Post
How does a review carry more weight when several of your main complaints showed you didn't understand what was going on? You've admitted that you don't really like MCU movies so it isn't surprising you don't like the finale that links them together, again not seeing why the opinion of someone with that mindset should hold more weight.

Originally I thought fair play to you for giving your reasons for your opinion, but when called out you've now quickly veered into the usual vague late comer who has watched it because there's nothing else on reviews that go along the lines of 'it was a bad movie because I didn't like it'. I've no interest in having a discussion at that level so I'm out.

I meant reviews in general are more trust worthy written after the initial buzz of a release is over.

You are missing the point - me thinking it was a bad movie is my opinion, I just didn't like it. You may think it's the best movie of all time and that's fine - each to their own but me personally thought it was lacking on a number of fronts.
Thanks from:
12-11-2019, 18:59   #1793
EoinMcLovin

Deleted scene that appears in Disney + release of Endgame.
Thanks from:
12-11-2019, 19:25   #1794
Midnight_EG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoinMcLovin View Post
Super glad that wasn't in the movie.
Advertisement
12-11-2019, 19:28   #1795
Nigzcurran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoinMcLovin View Post
Jesus that was a wank fest
16-11-2019, 23:58   #1796
JJayoo

Black Widow has annoyed me in these films, except for winter soilder where I thought her character was perfect. She is about 5 foot tall with no super powers and she is battering everyone.

But let's say in her stand alone film we learn that the Russians had been trying to perfect the super soilder serem, and that black widow and her fellow asasins were being tested on. The serem was a failure on all test subjects except for black widow but she hid the results, meaning she hid her new strength/speed/abilities knowing that she could use this to enable her to escape from her masters.

So all along black widow was super powered, not to the level of Captain America, but she was still far stronger than the average strong man, then add in her training and it makes sense that she can physically go against and beat so many.
17-11-2019, 00:05   #1797
Stop moaning ffs
Banned

This was a really satisfying conclusion to a well woven and brilliantly told story.

Taken on it’s own merits though? It’s more than a bit of a chore.
17-11-2019, 00:09   #1798
SureYWouldntYa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop moaning ffs View Post
Taken on it’s own merits though? It’s more than a bit of a chore.
It's a bit like reading the last chapter of a book and saying it doesn't stand up, or the final Harry Potter

The fact it is an ending most were very happy with is a testament to it, just look at Game of Thrones for things going badly
17-11-2019, 00:28   #1799
Stop moaning ffs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureYWouldntYa View Post
It's a bit like reading the last chapter of a book and saying it doesn't stand up, or the final Harry Potter

The fact it is an ending most were very happy with is a testament to it, just look at Game of Thrones for things going badly
I’m not saying it’s bad. The payoff is really huge and earned and heartfelt.

Getting to there though in this film is such a slog. None of the brevity and fun and well crafted scenes and writing that made up the series and made them what they are.
Just a tedious monotonous drudge to the big payoff.

Horses for courses. I liked the GOT ending. It’s what inspired me to join boards cos of all the whinging about that ending.

(That last bit is gonna draw fire)

Roll on rise of skywalker. I’m sure we’ll all love it.
17-11-2019, 01:18   #1800
Midnight_EG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJayoo View Post
Black Widow has annoyed me in these films, except for winter soilder where I thought her character was perfect. She is about 5 foot tall with no super powers and she is battering everyone.

But let's say in her stand alone film we learn that the Russians had been trying to perfect the super soilder serem, and that black widow and her fellow asasins were being tested on. The serem was a failure on all test subjects except for black widow but she hid the results, meaning she hid her new strength/speed/abilities knowing that she could use this to enable her to escape from her masters.

So all along black widow was super powered, not to the level of Captain America, but she was still far stronger than the average strong man, then add in her training and it makes sense that she can physically go against and beat so many.
I take it you know that Natasha is in fact a super-soldier also, just with the version that was mentioned in First Avenger to have not been perfected by the Russians.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion