Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manitou teleporter

• 19-05-2019 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi everyone my neighbour is selling his manitou teleporter the block is cracked in it I would just like to know is it expensive to repair the block or would the engine need to be replaced and if so is it hard to find one I am interested in it but it really depends on how much it would cost to repair it could someone let me know please

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Common problem on 634/734 any of them around the 2003 up to to 2008 maybe even broader than that
    Anyway it’s standard mf block from 5460 range hope I have the number right , not over expense just the Labour as manitou is tight to work On .
    Before anyone blames the machine in total it’s the radiator not being kept clean it’s in very bad spot for air intake hence the overheating. I know all too well about it . The model with the raised air intake was a help but servicing and cleaning was the answer and not putting up silage with them . Even though they’d climb a wall

Ur looking at 1500 for block and Labour after that all depends what can be salvaged are pistons warped all the rest , I’m not a meachinic I actually got away with gasket when ours heated even though I was told left right and center engine had to be done
    It was a small return pipe a pin hole that caused ours she had leaked water and didn’t see gauge in time happened twice in 3/4 years . Great machine apart from this problem also check hubs that they kept oil in them
    People blame machines the whole time but in fairness if there not minded and serviced regularly what do they expect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Run as far as you can from those heaps of dung, deffo the worst mechanical implement ever to have the misfortune to own.

I wudnt go as far as calling jcb that but ur not far wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Run as far as you can from those heaps of dung, deffo the worst mechanical implement ever to have the misfortune to own.

Builders around here have them labelled Manipoos :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

wrangler wrote: »

Builders around here have them labelled Manipoos :D

They a bit childish around there so, if they can't call it, it's proper name.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    They a bit childish around there so, if they can't call it, it's proper name.

Pile of shyte?

I wudnt go as far as calling jcb that but ur not far wrong

A long way from JCB and light years from Volvo

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Driver2016

Hi everyone thanks for the replies there a big help they made my mind up

U would think jcb could manage to catch up at this stage

• Advertisement

Have a jcb teleporter as well Twud nearly get stuck on concrete, but trouble free just a pile **** as ye said to drive it . My manipoo wud have it for breakfast and **** it out for tea time

Advertisement