Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howard Rotovator

Options
  • 17-05-2019 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭

Quick question - can someone please tell me what type of oil goes into the chain housing of a rotovator and what type oil goes into the gearbox also ?
    Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

Sami23 wrote: »
    Quick question - can someone please tell me what type of oil goes into the chain housing of a rotovator and what type oil goes into the gearbox also ?
    Tia

Chain oil, good tacky stuff for the chain housing, and gear oil, probably 80w90 for the gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Tia

I’m almost certain it’s liquid grease goes into the chain housing.
    80/90 for the gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

Dawg could be on the ball with the chain housing. It's years since I had anything to do with a rotavator. Thankfully.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Tia
    The father has several howard rotavators for years.
    Right or wrong he uses 85w140 gear oil in both and hasnt had any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

johnnyw20 wrote:
    Here is the photo

I'm looking for 2 doors of a 72inch howard if anyone knows where they might be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Is it normal for the chain housing cover on a rotovator to get quite hot during operation ?
    There's plenty of oil/grease in it BTW.
    Tia

Advertisement