Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Roof Tile

Options
  • 17-05-2019 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi all - I have a corner roof tile that has detached from the cement. Its still intact but I want to repair and reconnect if possible. What do I need for this, and would a normal grout be any good for the job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Mortar 3 parts sand / 2 part cement. You can buy a bag of premix in chaderwicks.

Chip away the old, loose so that you can get a decent bead of mortar in (10mm thick or more)

If the cement is loose next tile up then remove under about half that tile length. You don't want to chase your tail the whole way up the roof. If you sort the corner that should be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Thanks a million for your help
    Mortar 3 parts sand / 2 part cement. You can buy a bag of premix in chaderwicks.

Chip away the old, loose so that you can get a decent bead of mortar in (10mm thick or more)

If the cement is loose next tile up then remove under about half that tile length. You don't want to chase your tail the whole way up the roof. If you sort the corner that should be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Mistake on the mortar miz. It's standard 3:1 which is whats in premix

Advertisement