Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-04-2019, 10:59   #1
shanye

Send a message via AIM to shanye
Lake Fishing Waders

Hi Guys just looking for so advice with fish on a boat in what to wear...
I being using Wellingtons for years in and out of the boat but launching it last summer was a nightmare with low water having to go out so far to get into deeper water.
So I was wondering if I was better to get some chest waders or clip on hip waders I was looking at some breathable ones can anyone give some additional advice on what they would recommend and also what individuals are wearing when they head out and are on the boat.. Tight lines for 2019
Advertisement
06-04-2019, 18:58   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanye View Post
Hi Guys just looking for so advice with fish on a boat in what to wear...
I being using Wellingtons for years in and out of the boat but launching it last summer was a nightmare with low water having to go out so far to get into deeper water.
So I was wondering if I was better to get some chest waders or clip on hip waders I was looking at some breathable ones can anyone give some additional advice on what they would recommend and also what individuals are wearing when they head out and are on the boat.. Tight lines for 2019
Waders are grand for launching, whatever you do dont wear waders when out in the boat......death trap.
(4) thanks from:
06-04-2019, 19:29   #3
Bogwoppit

Quote:
Originally Posted by demanufactured View Post
Waders are grand for launching, whatever you do dont wear waders when out in the boat......death trap.
Not quite true, waders don’t make you sink. If you find yourself in the water in waders just bring your knees up towards your chest and you’ll float quite well and you’ll be able to manoeuvre easy too.

It won’t be easy to get back in the boat though without help.

You should be wearing a pfd too.
06-04-2019, 19:34   #4
OwlEye

Food for thought...

https://www.henry-gilbey.com/blog/th...g-to-climb-out
(4) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text