Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Mac leaves Beat 102-103

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

...went to see him DJ in a bar in Waterford and he put on his usual star studded show.

Please explain what's part of his star studded show?

If it doesn't contain five Sixes In The Mix, and a promotion for the Dinn Ri in Carlow, along with a traffic update then he'd be way out of his comfort zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

iseegirls wrote: »
    Please explain what's part of his star studded show?

If it doesn't contain five Sixes In The Mix, and a promotion for the Dinn Ri in Carlow, along with a traffic update then he'd be way out of his comfort zone.

The only traffic that night was trying to get to the Dance Floor as Andy Mac spun out all the hits keeping the revelers moving to the beat all night.

Did I ever need to know the traffic in Nenagh? No
    Did I get visit the Dinn Ri or Ryan Thomas Jewellers?
    Did I get lost in the middle of a six in the reliving memories of night clubs in Berlin and sandy beaches in the South of France? Every day

I see your point that Beat though that BEAT did not maximise his talents, maybe the poor management of the likes of NP is the reason why they are not as big as Spin etc.

Bad news everyone - Andy Mac must be finished on WLR, Geoff Harris is back playing the same 10 songs every day.

Still haven't gone back to BEAT since Andy Mac left, went to see him DJ in a bar in Waterford and he put on his usual star studded show.

I presume those idiots are still on in the morning - absolute bland radio. Its horrible stuff. Even lottie Ryan has more appeal than Niall and Vin, they stopped relevant YEARS ago. Get with the times BEAT!

Andy would have played whatever was on the playlist,the same as Geoff does.Presenters dont get to choose what they play.

Geoff is a great DJ, I met him in Ardkeen stores a few years ago and asked him to give a shout out to my aunt for her birthday in a few days time, and he remembered!

Andy Mac and Geoff Harris are great radio DJs, always give the people what they want.

How is everyone coping without Andy Mac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

How is everyone coping without Andy Mac?

I think we'll live.

To be fair to him though, I wasn't a massive fan, he felt like a bit of a throwback on a youth station in recent times BUT, when he filled in for Geoff Harris a few months back I thought he was excellent and sounded like the break had done him the world of good. He sounded so much fresher than Geoff who, it has to be said, plays the same music over and over and needs some new segments to replace the 'time tunnel' etc.

I'd be all for Andy Mac given a prominent timeslot on WLRfm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

He sounded so much fresher than Geoff who, it has to be said, plays the same music over and over

Geoff, just like every other presenter has zero input on the music they play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

There is something really odd and unlikeable about Niall Power from Beat 102, cant put my finger on it..it doesn't help that hes pushing 40 or probably older and still acts like a little teenage girl in the morning breakfast show, which makes him look absolutely ridiculous at this stage. Why would he continue to do that instead of passing the reigns over to someone younger and more interesting. All the content is aimed at 20 something people so him and Vincent doing it is just cringeworthy.

Im delighted Mary O Neill saw sense and got out of there before she too became stale and typecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Geoff, just like every other presenter has zero input on the music they play.

Honestly, I find that hard to believe. We play 'WLR Bingo' in our office so when Geoff plays Denis by Blondie or Teresanne plays Babylon by David Gray for the umpteenth time this month we all have a little chuckle. After the Michael Jackson documentary earlier this year, Teresanne removed the one or two MJ songs from her playlist which was immediately noticeable as she played them so much! Plenty more examples which escape me now.

Maybe WLR just has a limited number of songs from which to choose?

Andy Mac was covering the afternoon show for Terese Ann this week and I cant be the only one to have enjoyed it. He sounds fresh and rejuvenated. Like a man who has broken off the chains of the six in the mix and is ready to produce more radio gold.

Let's hope in the next WLR FM shake up he picks up a permanent role rather than super sub to cover the holidays, that's if hes not picked up by 2fm to recover the failure that is their breakfast show.

• Advertisement

After the Michael Jackson documentary earlier this year, Teresanne removed the one or two MJ songs from her playlist which was immediately noticeable as she played them so much!

If Teresanne is the head of music for WLR then she would have removed the songs from the active playlist. But she would not be allowed to just not play them.

90% of radio is not done by committee. You go into the studio and hit NEXT. End of!

that's if hes not picked up by 2fm to recover the failure that is their breakfast show.

Thats some dream world you are living in there!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Thats some dream world you are living in there!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Dream world? Maybe it is - but why not dream? If Martin Luther King didnt have a dream and Rosa Parks refused to move from ther seat would Barrack Obama have been elected to the White House?

We all know guys - it's all political in RTÉ, That's why we still have great DJs like Andy Mac and Geoff Harris in WLR. If it was up to talent, they would have cracked the national airwaves along time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

There is something really odd and unlikeable about Niall Power from Beat 102, cant put my finger on it..it doesn't help that hes pushing 40 or probably older and still acts like a little teenage girl in the morning breakfast show, which makes him look absolutely ridiculous at this stage. Why would he continue to do that instead of passing the reigns over to someone younger and more interesting. All the content is aimed at 20 something people so him and Vincent doing it is just cringeworthy.

Im delighted Mary O Neill saw sense and got out of there before she too became stale and typecast.

Niall and Vinny and Trish are all embarrassing the breakfast show needs a serious revamp but that won't happen because they are still getting the listeners and Niall has too much pull,Treasanne,Mary,Ray,and Andy all had the sense and got out and shifted to WLR...

Niall and Vinny are living in cloud cuckoo land of they think they are relevant and if they were on a station where they would have been moved to a graveyard late night slot or an early Saturday/ sunday morning.

Two middle aged men playing caricatures. Maybe Vinny will see sense and head back to South East Radio and as for Niall, he probably thinks he could manage the show with his cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Maybe WLR just has a limited number of songs from which to choose?

South East Radio are the same, rehash the same 'oldies' on a weekly basis like fleetwood mac, blondie....

Must be something in the water down here.

Aska wrote: »
    South East Radio are the same, rehash the same 'oldies' on a weekly basis like fleetwood mac, blondie....

Must be something in the water down here.

I wonder have they a vacancy for a below average sports / breakfast radio host with the charisma of a toe nail.

We must organise a meet up for one of Andy Macs gigs - he was in the Kazbar in Waterford City last Thursday and Friday. I'll keep you posted for his up coming gigs and we can pick a date that suits us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

Heard Andy on this afternoon on WLR

patrickc wrote: »
    Heard Andy on this afternoon on WLR

Yeah I was listening too - a great show as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Yeah I was listening too - a great show as always.

Happy Christmas sitkaspruce:
    https://twitter.com/wlrfm/status/1152915469147484161?s=09

• Advertisement

iseegirls wrote: »

To let you a know Andy Mac is covering Geoff Harris lunch time on WLR FM this week. Make sure to choon in!

I'm waiting for the Kazbar in Waterford City to update their social media for this weeks listings, I rang earlier but they couldnt say for certain who was playing which night.

All roads lead to Kazbar tonight! Andy Mac spins the decks from 9.30pm, get there early!

Advertisement