Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-08-2016, 16:51   #31
Pat 36059

Hi Anspinc,
Im a little confused by your question ,but when we went last year ,this we found to be very easy .
Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival - 100% online application: instead of coming to the Embassy as before to get Vietnam visa, you just stay at home, click apply Vietnam visa online to make visa application, make online payment, receive the visa pre-approved letter online, fly to Vietnam and get their Vietnam visa stamped at arrival airport.You pay the visa fee on arrival in US dollars.
Hope this helps
Advertisement
29-08-2016, 07:30   #32
killbillvol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anspinc View Post
Hello,

I am applying for a loose leaf visa to the Vietnamese embassy. Can anyone advise of the proof of payment that is required? I am applying online so I don't think a bank draft will suffice. Would a screen shot of online bank payment do the trick? This option seems quite basic.
Any advice or suggestions?

Many thanks.
If you email them they'll give you full instructions. consular@vietnamembassy.org.uk
29-09-2016, 05:55   #33
govietnam

my recommendation is the same with Pat 36059, you can apply Vietnam visa on arrival and get approval letter, after that you get your visa at arrival airport
18-10-2016, 18:56   #34
Elirlandes

Much easier to get visa on arrival. Vietnam Visa Company is the one I use but there are plenty online. Don't pay for the "extra" service... it is just a guy who meets you at the visa desk and takes longer to fill out your form for you than you would yourself.
18-10-2016, 19:17   #35
Elirlandes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_be_good View Post
Hi !
Did you sort out your vietnamese visa yet ? I'm heading over in 4 weeks and i live in australia but i have an irish passport. The vietnamese embassy in Ireland says to apply for a "loose leaf visa" which they can send to ireland. But not sure what happens if your applying from Australia !
Just go for the online thing - for example http://www.vietnamvisacorp.com/ - there are loads more. If you have an Irish passport, you will have no problem this way.
Advertisement
12-12-2016, 23:50   #36
PATJOE

Heading to Hanoi for New years and trying to decide on VOA or loose leaf. VOA is half the price but worried about the stories of long queues.... Will the wait be long?
13-12-2016, 00:29   #37

This post has been deleted.
13-12-2016, 10:17   #38
killbillvol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATJOE View Post
Heading to Hanoi for New years and trying to decide on VOA or loose leaf. VOA is half the price but worried about the stories of long queues.... Will the wait be long?
The wait is unpredictable. I arrived in Hanoi early August and was waiting for 90 minutes. My friend arrived at the same time the next day and got through in 20. New Year will be busy. In future I'll organise the visa first
13-12-2016, 10:23   #39
neilthefunkeone

Is there a big price difference in the visa on arrival or loose leaf from UK embassy?
We got them through the embassy, its a very easy process and all through email. Straight through when we landed in Hanoi. I did notice a huge queue for visas when we arrived.
Advertisement
13-12-2016, 16:03   #40
PATJOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilthefunkeone View Post
Is there a big price difference in the visa on arrival or loose leaf from UK embassy?
We got them through the embassy, its a very easy process and all through email. Straight through when we landed in Hanoi. I did notice a huge queue for visas when we arrived.
Roughly €80 versus €40, not worth 90mins wait to me though!
(2) thanks from:
20-12-2016, 16:45   #41
adrian522

More like 10 mins to be honest.
22-12-2016, 15:50   #42
RobY

Hi,

I just applied for and received the loose leaf visa. For proof of payment, I made a PDF of the payment screenshot from my online banking. Was accepted no problem. It was the full summary screen for the payment showing amount and recipient bank details and address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anspinc View Post
Hello,

I am applying for a loose leaf visa to the Vietnamese embassy. Can anyone advise of the proof of payment that is required? I am applying online so I don't think a bank draft will suffice. Would a screen shot of online bank payment do the trick? This option seems quite basic.
Any advice or suggestions?

Many thanks.
23-12-2016, 12:48   #43
tallaghtfornia

Hi All

Thinking of traveling to Hanoi late January and looking at the Visa.

Would I be better going for the Embassy one or the one on arrival

This is the company I was thinking of using ?

https://www.visaonlinevietnam.com/
23-12-2016, 16:44   #44
PATJOE

After all that hassle there is a postal strike in the UK so I will not have my loose leaf Visa on time so I am gonna have to apply for VOA.

What company do ye recommend? I travel on the 29th Dec....
23-12-2016, 23:13   #45
Tipperary animal lover

Have used vietnam visa pro for last 5 yrs wit no hassle takes about 2/3 working days and visa ready to collect ya'll be grand, just download everything they give and bring with you, who are ya flying with?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion