Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-10-2017, 10:02   #1
Always Be Closing

Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Not seen one about

Any fellow Chiefs fans?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-10-2017, 13:51   #2
conor222

I'm a chiefs fan, theres an old team thread but I was the only one posting in it
Thanks from:
20-10-2017, 14:02   #3
Always Be Closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor222 View Post
I'm a chiefs fan, theres an old team thread but I was the only one posting in it

Got into them in October of last year.

My girlfriend is a massive gamer and NFL fan. Bought her Madden 17. I was never an American Football fan, knew nothing of the rules etc.

She asked me to play Madden one evening and for some reason I chose KCC.

Played Madden 17 to death and became completely obsessed - full blown NFL fan now but more importantly I f*cking LOVE the Chiefs
14-11-2017, 13:35   #4
Always Be Closing

Giants in NY this week- should be relatively comfortable win, right?
14-11-2017, 15:41   #5
conor222

Should be yeah, we need to shut down the TE Engram, that seems to be the majority of their offence. Reid off a bye week is top of his game so I wouldn't be too worried about this one.
Also, should be a week where Oakland drop a game to NE leaving us a 3 game buffer atop our division.

TBH, I'm not worried about the game so much as this was the period that they could try to put in some adjustments on defence, look at our scheme stuff for DBs and work on a gameplan to avoid giving up on the run like we did at Dallas.
I'll be looking very closely for what adjustments Bob Sutton has made, we have a lack of depth and talent at a few locations but the scheming and personal calls in certain spots have been lacking of late, thats what I'll be focused in on.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-11-2017, 15:59   #6
Always Be Closing

Quote:
Should be yeah, we need to shut down the TE Engram, that seems to be the majority of their offence. Reid off a bye week is top of his game so I wouldn't be too worried about this one.
Also, should be a week where Oakland drop a game to NE leaving us a 3 game buffer atop our division.

TBH, I'm not worried about the game so much as this was the period that they could try to put in some adjustments on defence, look at our scheme stuff for DBs and work on a gameplan to avoid giving up on the run like we did at Dallas.
I'll be looking very closely for what adjustments Bob Sutton has made, we have a lack of depth and talent at a few locations but the scheming and personal calls in certain spots have been lacking of late, thats what I'll be focused in on.
Still relatively new to this NFL lark so only understood about 35% of that but I am improving

Apparently there's a bar on Abbey Street that's the official Dublin home of the KCC supporters club?
14-11-2017, 17:09   #7
conor222

Ha! Never knew that but just found it on an old Publin article for NFL games, apparently its the Adelphi? Bizzare!

Just saying that I think a lot of our issues come from our defensive gameplans, in particular how our defensive backs (guys who cover recievers downfield) have been performing. As we had a week off I would expect now would be when we would see any personel changes or changes to tactics as they would have extra time to practice them.
Thanks from:
15-11-2017, 07:02   #8
Always Be Closing

Quote:
Ha! Never knew that but just found it on an old Publin article for NFL games, apparently its the Adelphi? Bizzare!

Just saying that I think a lot of our issues come from our defensive gameplans, in particular how our defensive backs (guys who cover recievers downfield) have been performing. As we had a week off I would expect now would be when we would see any personel changes or changes to tactics as they would have extra time to practice them.
I think the article is quite a few years old though so don't know how true it is mate

Yet to see anyone in any KCC merch around Dublin or anywhere that stocks it - ordered a hoodie the other day which I can't wait to wear with pride
15-11-2017, 11:19   #9
conor222

I wear my jersey when I'm headed to watch the games on the weekend (got 4 jerseys), have a Chiefs hat as well for when it gets cold. Few other bits like a hoody from a few Christmases back.
There was some knocking around after they played in Wembley a few years back but they're not really a big enough fanbase in Ireland/UK to be stocked.

Saw a lad when I was walking down to work yesterday wearing a chiefs hat, didn't notice til he was a good bit past me otherwise would have said hello
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-11-2017, 11:44   #10
Always Be Closing

What the hell has happened to us?

Never turned up last night - they f*cked my acca too - 1/5 shots - absolute disaster of a performance
21-11-2017, 12:37   #11
conor222

Disgustingly bad game, we were terrible.
Not sure if its playcalling, alex is injured or something but the offence is running terribly. Even with some of it being "figured out" there are bad decisions being made by Smith on option plays and just a significant lack of vision and planning to the playcalling. No rhythm to the running game at all, fake plays again (why Andy, why?).

Defense didn't look amazing but they did their job, held them to 9 point, coming off turnovers as well. We didnt get pressure but if you can hold a team to 9 points then you have to expect to win the f****ng game! I'm not a big advocate of it but if we dont get this ship turned immediately (next two game) it'll be Maholmes in there for the tail end of the season. I think we still make the playoffs but I cant see how this team, in its current state, can win a playoff game
21-11-2017, 14:54   #12
Foxtrol

I think the weather played a significant part in the performance. It was incredibly windy in NY on Sunday and I dont think they either tried or were able to switch up their game plan enough to counter it. The wind impeded their ability for the explosive downfield plays so the Giants got the benefit of this without having to use the personnel that would normally be needed to accomplish it. They then could focus these personnel on stopping Hunt.

The Kelce trick play was an unnecessary risk on a nice day but given the conditions it was idiotic.
23-11-2017, 11:34   #13
Always Be Closing

Smith HAS gone from stud to dud, but with 4 relatively easy regular season games to go and P/O's qualification seemingly a formality at this stage, I think Reid will want to build momentum so I can't see him throwing Mahomes in just yet.

I expect Mahomes to be starting QB next season and Smith to be playing somewhere else
02-12-2017, 16:56   #14
Always Be Closing

Surely the slump gets arrested this weekend?
04-12-2017, 11:38   #15
Always Be Closing

Same **** different week

Chiefs 6-6
Chargers 6-6
Raiders 6-6
Browncos pile of sh*te

What has happened? How could such a monumental f*ckup be possible?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion