Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭timothe

Next week in Fair City a character calls
    Fiona
    comes back and has dealings with Paul from a google the only
    Fiona I see is Fiona Pigott
    who appeared in 2007..

Didn't he have an affair with her. Don't tell me there's another little Paul Brennan running around out there.

RTE need to change the picture on the top of the fair city website. Most of those women aren't in it anymore

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I cant stand the Lee lad tough.

He's a twonk of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭threetrees

timothe wrote: »
    Didn't he have an affair with her. Don't tell me there's another little Paul Brennan running around out there

The actress was pregnant at the time alright, but we were supposed to ignore that. She didn't even do the scarf and big bag thing. Be hilarious if you are right!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spudman LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Zak had a lucky escape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

What was the point of that wanky 5 second intro shot from a laneway??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I thought it was pretty funny when Zak said he was a ragging alcoholic stashing his booze all over the place lol.

He’s actually a nice addition to the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,807 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sunday 19th
    Paul is convinced that Fiona is back for revenge, but she is concealing her real agenda. Hughie's return causes Jane to take drastic action, and the pressure rises on Eoghan.
    Tuesday 21st
    Paul falls straight into Fiona's trap, and Carol discovers the true reason for Robbie's behavior. Meanwhile, Eoghan decides to fight back.
    Wednesday 22nd
    Eoghan inadvertently makes things worse with the teens, Paul takes Fiona under his protection and Cass plays an unlikely peacemaker.
    Thursday 23rd
    Eoghan and Tommy face grief from the younger generation, Zak prepares to return to Kilkenny and Paul finds some intriguing evidence. Fiona makes a half-decent proposal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,840 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

OK, before I start I want to say that I am in no way a fully qualified sparks/electrician ok , but i like to think I know a bit about things so ...

1.) the trip in the fusebox was not faulty , trips when they are faulty are normally nuisance and trip too easily randomly , good job a trip doesnt normally fail in the always on position because yer man could have died .. but he didnt, the trip done exactly what it was supposed to do , he touched blue neutral wire , the circuit went to earth (ie floor through his damp hand then arm leg then damp feet then floor (in milliseconds) trip switch tripped* electrics went off so all was working as it should .. no fault ! .. no faulty trip switch . - bad house wiring doesnt come into it!

*(evidently trip switch did trip because they didnt have any lights on )

2.) For years now fuseboards are wired up so that the sockets are on RCB (trip) and lighting on another circuit ... so he touches neutral whilst putting the plug back in the *socket* and all the lights in the house go off as well!! - what! ??~ - who did they have wire up the house in the first place? - stevie wonder was it?

3.) if house badly needs re-wiring as bad as they made out the fusebox most probably be so old that it would not have a RCB trip in it in the first place to trip when there is an imbalance to earth .... so he would have got full 230v until his arm flung away from it and nothing would have tripped!

4.) all stereos poduced in the last 10 years or so have moulded plugs on them , not your conventional re-wireable plug so chances are carol could have pulled plug out of wall over 100 times by the lead and not by the plug and still the neutral wire would not have come out of the plug like that.

I know I am most probably being pedantic but you just wish the show would have consulted with a fully trained electrician before attempting to do this storyline so it could have been as believable as it could be to all viewers. I bet there were some fully trained electricians looking at this at home and laughing their fecking heads off at the stupidness of it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

OK, before I start I want to say that I am in no way a fully qualified sparks/electrician ok , but i like to think I know a bit about things so ...

1.) the trip in the fusebox was not faulty , trips when they are faulty are normally nuisance and trip too easily randomly , good job a trip doesnt normally fail in the always on position because yer man could have died .. but he didnt, the trip done exactly what it was supposed to do , he touched blue neutral wire , the circuit went to earth (ie floor through his damp hand then arm leg then damp feet then floor (in milliseconds) trip switch tripped* electrics went off so all was working as it should .. no fault ! .. no faulty trip switch . - bad house wiring doesnt come into it!

*(evidently trip switch did trip because they didnt have any lights on )

2.) For years now fuseboards are wired up so that the sockets are on RCB (trip) and lighting on another circuit ... so he touches neutral whilst putting the plug back in the *socket* and all the lights in the house go off as well!! - what! ??~ - who did they have wire up the house in the first place? - stevie wonder was it?

3.) if house badly needs re-wiring as bad as they made out the fusebox most probably be so old that it would not have a RCB trip in it in the first place to trip when there is an imbalance to earth .... so he would have got full 230v until his arm flung away from it and nothing would have tripped!

4.) all stereos poduced in the last 10 years or so have moulded plugs on them , not your conventional re-wireable plug so chances are carol could have pulled plug out of wall over 100 times by the lead and not by the plug and still the neutral wire would not have come out of the plug like that.

I know I am most probably being pedantic but you just wish the show would have consulted with a fully trained electrician before attempting to do this storyline so it could have been as believable as it could be to all viewers. I bet there were some fully trained electricians looking at this at home and laughing their fecking heads off at the stupidness of it all!

We cant have that kind of logical thinking in a Fairly Sh!tty discussionðŸ˜

Lets call a spade a spade...the writing on this show has been utterly appalling for at least the last 18 months. There are so many dumb storylines , storylines thst just get forgotten about, storylines that make no sense whatsoever and storylines that are not even slightly credible or realistic. In 2017, it was reported that" The Fair City team also includes 30 script writers and 15-20 story editors working on rotation and scripts are published to a Thursday deadline."

How they cant even get simple things right is anyones guess, never mind the big storylines that they just seem to hammer to death until most of us lose interest. The poitin story is dumb. The collins story with the plug is equally dumb. Even dumber is this nonsense with the two teenagers and eoin. He parks his car outside the bistro last night, window open, phone on full display, talking to more stulid characters will and christy ah no...and expects noone to rob it....in northside dublin. Who does that?

Its like a few teenagers are writing this at the moment. Its never been as crap as it is now. Even the comedy factor has got tired of fair city and left.

• Advertisement

I’ve got an idea for a story, I think Dara or Lee Collins should become either a drug addict or alcoholic and see the havoc it causes to the Collins family. Gradually build the story, maybe Dara would be the better option now, out of work with his arm, getting depressed so starts to drink heavily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

fin12 wrote: »
    I’ve got an idea for a story, I think Dara or Lee Collins should become either a drug addict or alcoholic and see the havoc it causes to the Collins family. Gradually build the story, maybe Dara would be the better option now, out of work with his arm, getting depressed so starts to drink heavily.

or develop an addiction to painkillers

Just to me I can see Lee eventually suffering from depression when he relies's he's a failure after Sharon turning her back on him.

fin12 wrote: »

very good - i can see a story unfold out of it surely. Your wan with the arm in the sling , starts off with a few panadol , then find they dont get rid of pain, gets prescription drugs , then they stop working ... gets more , gets hooked on prescription drugs ... then grows/starts smoking weed, then that no good and ends up heroine addict meeting his dealer in mccoys or the station , meanwhile carol getting more and more guilty about sending him down this spiralling road ...

Do you think FC with its 30 writers and huge production team could do it properly though and not just muck up the storyline though ? - i doubt it

Melaine is going to be in a mood now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

or develop an addiction to painkillers

That would be good for Darragh or steroid addiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

A better idea might be the collins leave dublin for a house in the country, that they can afford and we never hear about them again, the deposit kr bellas house again..and they might even take beetlejuice with them..

An addiction storyline would see a character go from a Panadol on Tuesday to heroin on Thursday, family intervention on Sunday and either a) off to rehab on Tuesday never to be seen nor mentioned again, or b ) quits the drugs and skips merrily on with their life, maybe dropping the odd mention of a meeting now and again.

tototoe wrote: »
    A better idea might be the collins leave dublin for a house in the country, that they can afford and we never hear about them again, the deposit kr bellas house again..and they might even take beetlejuice with them..

Where is BeetleJuice, does Anto have to say Hayley 3 times for her to appear :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is BeetleJuice, does Anto have to say Hayley 3 times for her to appear :p

we could do with someone in Carriagstown going around saying 'Candyman' 5 times to get rid of a few characters ... :D

nothing like a good bit of culling to cut out some of the deadwood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

That Collins family are really annoying the way they are always together wherever they go, really, who goes out shopping in the Spar with their parents and then to the pub every night while trying to save 30k deposit for a house (in a biscuit tin)!... :rolleyes:. It's like their saving for a new telly or cooker the way they carry on 'the deposit fund'.

I think Jane and Zach might... ;)

Melaine is going to be in a mood now!

Isn't she always?

We have another surprise arrival next week. It's
    Heather!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

We have another surprise arrival next week. It's
    Heather!
    Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Caddle in default sourpuss mode the minute Robbie walks out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

tototoe wrote: »

They could send them over here, any character that's gone to Galway is never seen again :P

Wtf is wrong with Robbie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Robbie standing up off the floor, what a moment Hahahahahaha

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Robbie standing up off the floor, what a moment Hahahahahaha

I think it’s the first time in ages seeing him stand without a crutch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Never mind looking for the garage. She needs to find the local hairdressers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement