Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you smoking?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robbie8108

just curious to see what brands people smoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Amber Leaf, killing me cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

robbie8108 wrote: »
    just curious to see what brands people smoke
    Threads merged.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Have an Old Holborn rolled here with blue Rizla and Rizla ultra slim filters. Giving it a try as i have heard good reviews, takes a bitta getting used to though.

Beside me in my box i got:
    25g Amber Leaf
    25g Drum Dark Blue
    25g Old Holborn

5 x Green Rizla
    1 x Blue Rizla
    3 x ****ty Amber leaf papers

1 x Box of Bullbrand slim filters
    and finally
    1 x Box of Rizla ultraslim filters! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ghogie91 wrote: »
    5 x Green Rizla
    1 x Blue Rizla
    3 x ****ty Amber leaf papers
    The green Rizla are only good when it's dark, as you don't have to see the gum side, as it'll be the side where the edges aren't cut, but other than that I'd prefer blue, or if I can get grey, I'll use the grey Rizla instead.

Another brand that you'll find is a brand called "Smoking" which I think has better grey papers than Rizla.
    ghogie91 wrote: »
    1 x Box of Bullbrand slim filters
    and finally
    1 x Box of Rizla ultraslim filters! :cool:
    HATE the bullbrand filters with a passion. Rizla are good, and so are Swan, but Swan filters tend to "shrink" easier when holding them than the Rizla.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

John Player Blue..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

the_syco wrote: »
    The green Rizla are only good when it's dark, as you don't have to see the gum side, as it'll be the side where the edges aren't cut, but other than that I'd prefer blue, or if I can get grey, I'll use the grey Rizla instead.

Another brand that you'll find is a brand called "Smoking" which I think has better grey papers than Rizla.

HATE the bullbrand filters with a passion. Rizla are good, and so are Swan, but Swan filters tend to "shrink" easier when holding them than the Rizla.

Yeah exactly I use the green when in a rush, as i am always rolling just before work, while heading out etc just fast I have the green, then when im chillaxing i can sit back and enjoy a blue :) can you get the smaller grey/silver rizlas, in Ath all i can get is the kingsize and thats an absolute joke of a rolling paper!

I only got the bullbrand to try them out, i am giving absolutely everything a go, even though i know i wont find better than Rizla, I am search and searching for Menthol filters and do you think i can find them anywhere, I think Swan make them but the availibility is shocking and i am dying to try as the rollies replaced consulae/choice and mayfair menthol :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 David Davidson

Camel yellow and players navy cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

I've started smoking a pipe after my grandfather gave me one of his pipes. I don't like all those flavoured tobaccos, I prefer something like navy flake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Samson 25 g , Amber Leaf 50g and Drum 25 g in my thin at the moment and some OCB and green rizla and I am using swan slimline filters .

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

Marlboro Lights, failing that, Silk Cut Blue. I enjoy the occassional menthol :pac: Love Silk Cuts idea of the filter that can be changed to menthol, and for anyone else who also does, cheaper version now available from Pall Mall called "Click"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 atmos

Amber leaf , economical !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

King Edward specials

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tinker217

I normally smoke Consulate but lately i'm on the baccy cos i'm brokey :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 6ftTallGuy

Started with Silk Cut Purple while in secondary school, switched to Benson's shortly afterward, but now it's Marlboro Lights,

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭stalebread

i started smoking jps recently bought box wwhich includes rolling machine, tobacco and proper cig casings for 19.50 makes 60 fags got them in the shop in donaghmeade s.c. nice smoke machine works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 polymath

I am currently smoking Phillips and I don't know why I am addicted to it. Maybe because it was the first one I ever tried!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gailleamh

Started with Benson... Quit for a couple of weeks and now it's Marlboro lights

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BigMikie145

Started smoking B&H, moved to rollies with the filters, then went to Silk silver and now back to amber leaf. May go back to Silk though, better taste and I didnt smoke as many so the cost balanced out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

good oul benson and hedges. they are all i have ever smoked and im not going to change now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Started smoking B&H, moved to rollies with the filters, then went to Silk silver and now back to amber leaf. May go back to Silk though, better taste and I didnt smoke as many so the cost balanced out

Is there a taste off SC silver? I tried them on occasion and it was like sucking air through a straw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Need to ween of the fags myself, costing me a fortune
    Anyone try this contraption?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Bought a pack of Players Navy Cut today to try them out

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kwack

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bought a pack of Players Navy Cut today to try them out

So whats the verdict?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Got some italian ones today, 128 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Currently on JPS i bought in Belgium. Similar to my usual Marlboro,nice old smoke so they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

areyawell wrote: »
    Need to ween of the fags myself, costing me a fortune
    Anyone try this contraption?

Tried it, it makes full size cigarettes and works out at a saving of a couple of euro against normal pack of 20. JPS were showcasing a package with them at a recent trade show I was at recently so I'd imagine they'll be widely available soon.

Currently smoking the Amber Leaf combi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement