Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Leinster Build Up Thread

Options

Comments

I know I pretend to like Munster and generally support them but actually I don't. I know Connaugcht is likely going to be the club the IRFU cancels but I hope it's Munster.

How many false dawns have there been now? Seems every second year Munster fans get excited without looking at the big picture and think the glory days are back. Munster are the Scotland of club rugby.

The reality is the pro14 is guff. Leinster had to lose half their seconds to finally lose a game. Scotland have lost most of their talent and Wales don't have any talent anymore. It's not a competitive league.

The win against Clermont said more about Clermont than it did about Munster. Clermont when they were bothered turned Munster over with ease, their lack of fitness or interest shone through late on and all of a Sudden Red is the New All Black.

I don't think Munster have the team to compete. Going down through the starters:
    • Kilcoyne - might maybe over take an ancient Healy by 2025 after Healy has been retired for two seasons.
    • Hooker and tighthead ok but not great - 3.6 roentgen territory.
    • Locks - when Snyman comes back we'll have something to talk about, until then Munster should have tried harder for Roux and given Dillane a proper look (both likely to be available pretty imminently).
    • Backrow - two internationals but always struggle against Leinster 2nds and 3rds
    • Murray - good enough to make the Leinster bench
    • Ben Healy - for absolutely no reason I've yet to see at all, is apparently Dan Carters spirit animal
    • DeAllende was told the TV cameras in Ireland were ancient and that's why the videos of Munster he was being shown looked pre 2009. Videos were actually pre 2009 Munster which is why he decided to join, is still waiting to meet Hayes.
    • Back 3? Backwards 3 more like. Not a hoop Toulouse are sniffing around any of these lads, wouldn't even make the Leinster back line for second half of Leinster v Connaufgcht a few weeks back.

So yeah, I reckon a Munster win. Leinster players will already know they're in the Ireland squad and Munster will have a lot more to play for. Leinster lads will be minding themselves.

IBF will be drinking shots out of Jessica Alba's bellybutton at half time only for Munster to stage a come back against another completely disinterested team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Venjur's worried. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

aloooof wrote: »
    Venjur's worried. ;)

IBFs aroused.

molloyjh wrote: »
    IBFs aroused.

bDG8rqj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I preferred the Venjur that monopolised the off-topic thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The wife was beside me when I saw that post and laughed out loud. She did not. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I’d like to know if that gif existed before the previous post or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Boscoirl wrote: »
    I’d like to know if that gif existed before the previous post or not...

And if IBF replies to that gif I'm unfollowing this thread for good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

bDG8rqj.gif

Is that Lowe?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's Jessica Alba mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

lawred2 wrote: »
    It's Jessica Alba mate

Not quite as sexy as Lowe though still hot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

lawred2 wrote: »
    It's Jessica Alba mate

Easy mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 24,291 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Easy mistake

Not the first to make it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Damn Premier Sports UK (hardly work with a proxy and Sky GO app on a laptop ?)

Can't justify paying for Eir Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'd say very few people pay for Eir Sport. The vast majority of subscribers would be via broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Hillmanhunter1

I'm living abroad - does anyone know if there is a pay-per-view option?

• Administrators Posts: 53,419 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Rugbypass.com do live streaming if you live in certain locations. It's generally only where there is no TV rights.

https://support.rugbypass.com/questions/where-is-rugbypass-live-streaming-available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭irelandrover

https://pro14.tv/select-plan/?gclid=CjwKCAiA6aSABhApEiwA6Cbm__Q5De1juZYVwTAZtuG3GMPcgVzIzEHd8WjWfwuH6Os9oKCLmUIn4hoCfQ0QAvD_BwE

Depending on your region pro14 have their own streaming service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

awec wrote: »
    Rugbypass.com do live streaming if you live in certain locations. It's generally only where there is no TV rights.

https://support.rugbypass.com/questions/where-is-rugbypass-live-streaming-available

don't rely on a vpn to use this. I did for about 2 years and it worked great until it stopped right before last years Six Nations and not long after they were bought by Sky NZ

It's going to be easier to support Munster next season when Madigan is the starting out half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

It's going to be easier to support Munster next season when Madigan is the starting out half.

I suppose a lot of fans will desert Leinster right enough if Madigan returns to them... we'll welcome you with open arms.

I suppose a lot of fans will desert Leinster right enough if Madigan returns to them... we'll welcome you with open arms.

5fb8sK4s_400x400.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    don't rely on a vpn to use this. I did for about 2 years and it worked great until it stopped right before last years Six Nations and not long after they were bought by Sky NZ

They got smart with VPNs. So needed to get a smarter VPN

Can't see Munster being interested as he'd be away too frequently with Ireland. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Munster side.

No O'Byrne and Conway the standouts there

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/preview/team-named-munster-side-to-face-leinster-2/

Munster: Mike Haley; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Rhys Marshall, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Gavin Coombes, Peter O’Mahony (C), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Jack O’Donoghue, Craig Casey, Ben Healy, Rory Scannell.

6-2 split for Leinster. Both fairly fully loaded. Looking forward to this now!

Surprising selections in there.

Left wing debut for Jimmy. Would have thought Kearney in there, he's been great.

No Bent on the bench is surprising too. Big show of faith in Clarkson.

Baird out of the 23 altogether. Thought he'd be included. Leavy also.

Tough calls for Leo to make though.

Good to see Garry back

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Shame Dave didn't make it. Been the best wing in the country this season. Great to see Ringrose back.

Strong 23 but we're really feeling the impact of back three injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Munster side.

No O'Byrne and Conway the standouts there

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/preview/team-named-munster-side-to-face-leinster-2/

Munster: Mike Haley; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Rhys Marshall, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Gavin Coombes, Peter O’Mahony (C), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Jack O’Donoghue, Craig Casey, Ben Healy, Rory Scannell.

What is the situation with Conway??

Advertisement