Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tams

• 18-11-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Evening all,anyone know if slat mats are covered in tams Grant aid...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭tanko

Im fairly sure they're not covered. I would have applied for them myself if they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Sorry to dig up an old thread but can anyone tell me when the current tranche closes. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Sorry to dig up an old thread but can anyone tell me when the current tranche closes. Thanks

Latest tranche just started on July 1st.....can't remember exactly when it closes. It might be October but I'll have to check.

Scheme AWNSS
    Tranche Opening End Date

3 26/03/2016 24/06/2016
    4 25/06/2016 30/09/2016
    5 01/10/2016 13/01/2017
    6 14/01/2017 07/04/2017
    7 08/04/2017 30/06/2017
    8 01/07/2017 06/10/2017
    9 07/10/2017 12/01/2018

Parishlad wrote: »
    Latest tranche just started on July 1st.....can't remember exactly when it closes. It might be October but I'll have to check.

Scheme AWNSS
    Tranche Opening End Date

3 26/03/2016 24/06/2016
    4 25/06/2016 30/09/2016
    5 01/10/2016 13/01/2017
    6 14/01/2017 07/04/2017
    7 08/04/2017 30/06/2017
    8 01/07/2017 06/10/2017
    9 07/10/2017 12/01/2018

Damn thought it was closing in July not starting

Damn thought it was closing in July not starting

I know. I was hoping to get in for end of June but was waiting on final grant of planning permission from the council which was about a week later.

• Advertisement

Parishlad wrote: »
    I know. I was hoping to get in for end of June but was waiting on final grant of planning permission from the council which was about a week later.

Yeah I know the feeling got my aprovment letter for planning today but was delayed a few weeks over an issue with the address.

How long do you have to wait after the tranche closes to get the go ahead and start building?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 friesian13

4 months:eek:

friesian13 wrote: »

That would suit me fine to be fair. Don't plan on building till next Summer anyway. Would just rather get all the ducks in a row as soon as possible so I knew where I stood.

4 months isn't so bad thought it was more. Plenty of time to get it done for next winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

friesian13 wrote: »
    I put mine in the first tranche and only got approval a few weeks ago so there's no guarantee it will come in time for the building you're planning on doing.

Or ever if the costs sent in by others are lower than the ones you send in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭roosky

Can you get rams grant on tank and slats and build the rest of the shed to your own spec.....I feel the spec of shed and barriers etc are too High to justify but needs tams to make precast tank and plastic slats an option !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭davidk1394

roosky wrote: »
    Can you get rams grant on tank and slats and build the rest of the shed to your own spec.....I feel the spec of shed and barriers etc are too High to justify but needs tams to make precast tank and plastic slats an option !

A farmer ran into bother here except it was in reverse. The shed was built using the TAMS grand and the tank wasn't. They couldn't draw the grant because the tank wasn't to spec. It was only a small thing but caused absolute havoc and cost a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

roosky wrote: »

You can get it on the tank but only without the slats.
    Get grant for all. You’ll have a far superior job and it’ll work out as cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭roosky

Cavanjack wrote: »
    You can get it on the tank but only without the slats.
    Get grant for all. You’ll have a far superior job and it’ll work out as cheap.

I have it priced both ways the spec of tams shed for sheep isn’t justified unless you get 60% grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭endainoz

How long would it generally take to get grant approval? I applied in late November and haven't heard anything back yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭jaymla627

endainoz wrote: »
    How long would it generally take to get grant approval? I applied in late November and haven't heard anything back yet.

What are you planning on building, steel prices up 30% since end of December and will go higher, what your costings are on tams application are probably way out of kilter for what jobs are going to cost now

jaymla627 wrote: »
    What are you planning on building, steel prices up 30% since end of December and will go higher, what your costings are on tams application are probably way out of kilter for what jobs are going to cost now

Not building anything, it's for machinery. A small dung spreader and a chain harrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Tileman

It depends on why it’s for. Mobile equipment I applied for in October and got approval now.
    Shed took about 4 months.

You can track the status of your application on the application.

Tileman wrote: »
    It depends on why it’s for. Mobile equipment I applied for in October and got approval now.
    Shed took about 4 months.

You can track the status of your application on the application.

Thanks, yeah I've been looking at the status on it alright but it hasn't changed since I applied. Just wait and see i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭DBK1

If you applied in late November then you have applied in tranche 20. That opened on 14th November and only closed on 15th January so no applications will have been looked at until after that date. Effectively a lad that applied on 14th January will get his approval/rejection at the same time as you.

They are slow getting through the applications, I don't think there have been any approvals given for tranche 19 yet which closed on the 13th November. If it's a young farmer application I doubt you will hear back until March/April. If its a standard application you might hear back a little sooner than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Johnchaff

Just wondering where you can find a list of what is eligible for tams? I have a few things I'm thinking of getting but don't know if they are eligible or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,193 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Johnchaff wrote: »
    Just wondering where you can find a list of what is eligible for tams? I have a few things I'm thinking of getting but don't know if they are eligible or not.

Knock yourself out. Lots to sift through

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/targeted-agriculture-modernisation-schemes/

DBK1 wrote: »
    If you applied in late November then you have applied in tranche 20. That opened on 14th November and only closed on 15th January so no applications will have been looked at until after that date. Effectively a lad that applied on 14th January will get his approval/rejection at the same time as you.

They are slow getting through the applications, I don't think there have been any approvals given for tranche 19 yet which closed on the 13th November. If it's a young farmer application I doubt you will hear back until March/April. If its a standard application you might hear back a little sooner than that.

Thanks for their information there, it's part of the organic capital investment scheme. Will have to wait and see what happens so.

The status of my application has changed to: HQ check open for query. I guess I'll have a decision fairly soon so.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sandman30

The status of my application has changed to: HQ check open for query. I guess I'll have a decision fairly soon so.

No, my experience, approval is still a few months away. Will still have to go back to the Local office for final approval (LO check)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I've heard that anyone exporting manure to avoid going into derogation this past while is not eligible for the LESS grant.
    If you were waiting and putting off purchasing this long it looks like your time is up.
    Two years and it looks like the grant will be over for all those below derogation figures.
    It mightnt even be two years. All speculation. But it looks like the splashplate time will be over very quickly.

Edit: Check all with your advisor or whoever.

My status for my application changed to read for RASS, I think it has to go through a local office for approval now, but looking through older threads it looks like some lads ha e had this status for months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Does tams cover the basic gps the likes trimble 250 or patchwork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

cute geoge wrote: »
    Does tams cover the basic gps the likes trimble 250 or patchwork
    Think the newest tranche does do it

• Advertisement
Advertisement