Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options
1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Redownloaded this but I've a few games on the go at the moment so said I'd just start it up, create a new character (Fem Ryder this time) and come back to the game later. Have to say, it's really after pulling me in. Just about to head to EOS and I feel like really pushing on with it. Not even thinking of it as a mass effect game, just a sci-fi Adventure and that's definitely helping.

Anyone who played through recently recommend any weapons/powers to focus on early game? I chose scrapper class as I like the charge power but it's a bit dodgy launching into a group of enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone play this lately ? Worth playing now after al the patches ?

brady12 wrote: »

I was only thinking about this yesterday as I want to finally finish it. My post above yours, that playthrough didn't go well, got to about 1 world further than my original playthrough but moved onto something else. The characters were so boring, it's hard to find motivation to push on. Now that devs hinted Andromeda will have some part to play in the next Mass Effect (whether that's a reference, returning characters, worlds, etc), I want to definitely finish it before that one comes out.

Was gonna download it as my next game but with the Trilogy remaster rumoured for March, I don't wanna Mass Effect myself out so will leave it til I'm done with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just finished this last night. While I didn't 'enjoy it' I still felt compelled to plough through it but kept on getting dragged into the side quests. I got fed up with the side quests after it dawned on me that it doesn't respect my time. Constantly returning to planets multiple times, minutes apart as you get more missions and more and more fetch quests. I probably should have looked up which missions are worth completing as they came in. I skipped most of the side quest dialogue. I don't regret playing it buy I really didn't enjoy it too. :o:confused:

I gave up when after completing Liam's quests he then wanted bring the team
    to bring the team to play football on the sand in Eos.
    :mad::mad:

Origin said I was playing it for 60 hours but it was left idle very rarely. It set up a trilogy which never came to fruition, obvs. The end missions were actually quite enjoyable to play through though.

If you have time to spare and like Mass Effect I would be reluctant to recommend it. It's just not worth the return on investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

My best advice if you are going to play it is rush EVERYWHERE in the NOMAD. Don't stop for anything and don't scanning for minerals as you drive about. There's LOADS to find. Most outposts are useless too.
    After spending hours on the first world I then returned 25 hours later I realised I had only uncovered 30% of it and just rushed around to uncover the fast travel spots.

I invested in the Shadow sniper Rifle and upgraded that as I went along. It shoots a constant beam and then had a mod that allowed and auto reload at the cost of 5% of my health. Allowed me to hold the trigger and just watch them burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

brady12 wrote: »

it's fairly dreadful as a mass effect story even with the patches tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It's an even worse Mass Effect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I really enjoyed Andromeda. Still haven't finished it. Having said that I only dipped into ME:2. At the time it was out, I was just a very casual gamer. But now that the trilogy is being remastered you can bet it's high up on my priorities of series to play.

Andromeda was great for me purely because I love those kinds of settings. I love open-worlds and possibly even more so now, semi-open worlds. I love the sense of scale and size. I love the variety of environments, different colour palettes and looks of different planets. Keeps things fresh. I really enjoy the idea of exploring the Andromeda galaxy. The art direction, the visuals.. it's all just nice for me.

But.. I never any expectations. I just bought it for €15 looking for a space action-RPG with some exploration. It ticked all the boxes. Also the combat is so much more fun. Even back when I played ME:2 briefly, I hated that we couldn't jump. It just felt so restricted.

I've only watched my mate place ME:1 back in the day but I'm thankful I'll get to play the trilogy and not have to go back to the original graphics.

Andromeda, I'll certainly finish. But I got to around 50-60hrs and I burnt out on it. Like every game I play, around 50hrs and I burn out. I'm a stop and smell the roses muthfacka so I end up taking so long to complete games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

re-downloaded this yesterday, I thought that I would give it a second go, deleted it with in half an hour, and that was 15 minutes too long....... was thinking of giving the originals a new playthrough but will wait for May

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I enjoyed Andromeda.

I've no "its not a mass effect game" hangup about it which means I was probably more open minded. Its not best game ever material but as an action games set in a sci-fi setting I thought it was grand.

I tried to start the original trilogy but gave up on ME1 after about 8 hrs,the controls were just to janky for me.

Glad I did because now I can just play the trilogy remaster and that won't be an issue hopefully.

Who knows,maybe when I play through the trilogy maybe I'll see why so many hated andromeda

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    re-downloaded this yesterday, I thought that I would give it a second go, deleted it with in half an hour, and that was 15 minutes too long....... was thinking of giving the originals a new playthrough but will wait for May

Wow half an hour and it was gone? What didn't you like about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Wow half an hour and it was gone? What didn't you like about it ?

I thought the gun play was a bit off, and the character control was a bit loose, but the facial animations were still weird, I wanted to like but anytime a cut scene came along the facial animations had me freaked out..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

EoinHef wrote: »
    Who knows,maybe when I play through the trilogy maybe I'll see why so many hated andromeda

Oh you will, don't worry! They seem to have put a lot of effort into this, so hopefully the issues from 1 will be sorted, but it will definitely show you why Andromeda was not a Mass Effect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I actually got my moneys worth out of with a playtime of 101 hours

There's a few YouTube videos explaining the turmoil in the background during development of this and it was always gonna be a disaster. I tried playing this twice and gave up around the same part, maybe 1/3 way through. 2nd playthrough, i told myself to treat it as completely separate to mass effect and still just bored buy the crew and missions.

I was gonna play it again as it sounds like the next mass effect is gonna at least acknowledge it but don't want ME burnout before the trilogy. Will get to it later this year.

From both times, i did find Sara was more enjoyable to play with, mostly as you get further convo from Suvi who was the most interesting character imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

If i had one major complaint about Andromeda is they didnt finish it, would have loved for the remaining arc to arrive.

I loved the builds you could do in it, i went biotic for the first time and had crazy builds where i would return health when doing damage ect.

The QOL changes really helped improve the experience as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

I'm going start this for first time tomorrow ��. First time booting up a mass effect game since 3 ��

Decided to tackle this again as my 3rd attempt at the game. Previously just made it past Eos and gave up.

I'm in Voeld now and man it's a janky game. The movement animation is awful, unlikable crew, bad writing, unfunny attempts at humour, it's mad how much of a shadow this is compared to the trilogy. Anyway, trying my best to treat it as it's own beast so plugging away (until Dying Light 2). Just had a quest to scan a wraith, spent ages looking for it, then google tells me it's a bug, quit the game and reload. He popped up straight away, ffs bioware. Still, saying all that, i think I'm enjoying it. I'm ignoring all the fetch quest stuff and just doing the minimum to make the planets habital and i think that will be the key to completing it.

One thing though, i have no idea what weapon to research, ton of options and i don't want to waste time so need to look up some tips for that.

Advertisement