Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 205: Alvarez v McGregor (Event Discussion) - FAQ's in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

scudzilla wrote: »
    and getting caught with a peach of a right, knocking him right out, yeah, i see that happening

he safe fro the left so with that tactic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

It will be very interesting to see what happens if Conor visibly tires in the second as he did in the last two fights or if Eddie rocks Conor and smells blood. He showed against RDA that he will stand back and swing for all he's worth. Conor did well at the end of round 3 against Nate in similar circumstances but had the bell not came when it did, could have been lights out.

After the travesty of an election and our faith in mankind and the future of the world as we know being rocked... We could reaaaallly do with a McGregor victory here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

McGregor via Decision
    scudzilla wrote: »
    and getting caught with a peach of a right, knocking him right out, yeah, i see that happening

Conors well known for those powerful peachy rights aint he

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Seen Flyod will be there Saturday night :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

McGregor via Decision

Khabib on the brink of suplexing Helwani through the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

McGregor via Decision
    "Why you not talk with me like friend?"

Best interview ever. Ariel straight out the gate with "You were used to get Alvarez on board, you know it and I know it" or something along those lines. Savage enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    Duff wrote: »
    "Why you not talk with me like friend?"

Best interview ever. Ariel straight out the gate with "You were used to get Alvarez on board, you know it and I know it" or something along those lines. Savage enough.

for a man who makes his living interviewing trained fighters he really can be fearless at times! great interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    for a man who makes his living interviewing trained fighters he really can be fearless at times! great interview

Ariel is a beast and has this way about him, especially with the likes of Rampage or Mayhem Miller, where he can be deadpan serious for a few mins and then break into a smile..... or it can go the other way and Mayhem wrecks the set and Ariel starts to cry.

He's the best either way. I warmed to Khabib a little bit there. He's still on my cold list for his ties to dictators though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

McGregor via Decision
    Ariel's like the Louis Theroux of MMA interviewing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Decision
    Ariel wrecked Khabib there and I loved it :PAC: Ariel the real #1 LW contender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Mellor wrote: »
    But I also placed a bet on Conor by Guillotine. A value bet, rather than likely outcome.
    There's method to my madness.

That's a good bet, if there is a submission that's what it likely will be. Conor has a mean guillotine, and Alvarez, although he's quite disciplined with his head position when clinching against the fence, during his entry to that position it's often a little loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

McGregor via Decision
    Khabib is lucky Ariel didn't get physical there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Khabib is very worked up, he better leave that behind quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,080 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Decision
    JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Khabib is very worked up, he better leave that behind quick.
    Ah he's approaching the end of a weight cut, he's allowed be cranky imo
    A good feed on friday and he'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Junior D wrote: »
    Would anybody have any idea where to watch the Mcgregor fight in Amsterdam? Tried emailing the hotel but no response

Try emailing O'Reilly's? Not sure what the license laws are like there but it was packed for the All Blacks match last week.

Edit: sorry just seen the post from wonderfullife - what a champ!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

McGregor via Decision
    In the airport on the way to NY. Heading over ticketless but I got money up this morning so if anyone has to going spare hit me up will be in the airport all morning and in NY from around 6 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Decision
    14murphy wrote: »
    In the airport on the way to NY. Heading over ticketless but I got money up this morning so if anyone has to going spare hit me up will be in the airport all morning and in NY from around 6 pm.

http://www.viagogo.ie/Sports-Tickets/Other-Sports/UFC-Tickets/E-1881431

There's 79 left on viagogo, so not sure if this will help or not, but you're looking at a grand each to get in the door. If you're quick there's 2 left in Row 118 for €876 a ticket (which is tremendous value as most are going for €1,400+ in that level).

I don't think people can go wrong being in NY even if you can't get a ticket. The presser and weigh-ins will be phenomenal experiences.

Any ref assignments announced? Big John for Conor fight hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Alvarez via Decision
    Kim Winslow

lol I'd say so alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Been ages since I've been able to watch fights. Work's hectic timetable lately has been mental.

That said, I graduate tomorrow and have the entire weekend free for beers and fights. I've missed this place. Though, when we get a load of random heads spouting nonsense come Saturday night, I may retract that statement. ;)

I'll cram all the Embedded episodes and the weigh in's on Saturday evening before the first prelim and get myself into a tizzy.

Awwwww yeah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

14murphy wrote:

There's 79 left on viagogo, so not sure if this will help or not, but you're looking at a grand each to get in the door. If you're quick there's 2 left in Row 118 for €876 a ticket (which is tremendous value as most are going for €1,400+ in that level).

There is someone on the other UFC205 thread, he is in NY trying to sell for face value. He posted yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

McGregor via Decision
    Cannot wait. I think Karolina is basking in the moment a bit to much; JJ will put on a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    ''The first event in MSG and my chance at capturing the second world title'' how does that feel? ''Familliar'' classic stuff again, his head really seems to be in a good place in the run up to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    No denying Dee is pregnant in the latest video (3:36). They didn't even try to hide it, they actually highlighted her by putting her name on screen too. I guess the cat has been out of the bag awhile now anyway. TBF it was a very hard thing to keep under wraps considering how much Conor was on camera and Dee will be in attendance in MSG. The only way to have kept the secret for the big reveal is if Dee stayed back in Ireland but obviously she wanted to be there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Alvarez via Submission
    He's gonna dedicate a belt each to his unborn twin boys in his speech when Edward falls,

Odds on Conor being late for the press conference? 1/100 imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Alvarez via Submission
    He's gonna dedicate a belt each to his unborn twin boys in his speech when Edward falls,

Odds on Conor being late for the press conference? 1/100 imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

All title fights this year have either ended in the first round or gone the distance.
    I see the straw-weight fight going the distance, but lightweight and welterweight title fights are both going to end in the first.

Personally, I'll say JJ, Thompson and Eddie will win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Alvarez via Decision
    I think the announcement will be that he isn't relinquishing either belt but is stepping away for a while so if you want to strip me of both belts then strip me but if/when i come back it's for the biggest money fights only as i've done the whole belts thing.

I get the impression he's not to pleased hes never broken bread with the new owners and that grates with him which makes me feel he's happy they put it in their pipe and smoke it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

McGregor via Decision
    califano wrote: »
    I think the announcement will be that he isn't relinquishing either belt but is stepping away for a while so if you want to strip me of both belts then strip me but if/when i come back it's for the biggest money fights only as i've done the whole belts thing.

I get the impression he's not to pleased hes never broken bread with the new owners and that grates with him which makes me feel he's happy they put it in their pipe and smoke it.

Hes already said hes not taking a break.

Advertisement