Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 205: Alvarez v McGregor (Event Discussion) - FAQ's in OP

• 06-11-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Thread here for discussion regarding tickets, travel, meetups etc for this event.
    Thread here for general McGregor and associated discussion.

3137237e72ffb05d587a4edd17821602.png

Date: Saturday November 12th
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (11:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass and BT Sport), Main Card (3am, BT Sport)
    Venue: Madison Square Garden, New York
    Odds: Alvarez (29/20) v McGregor (4/6)
    Other events: Open Workouts (Wednesday 9th November, 3pm GMT), Press Conference (Thursday 10th November, 8pm GMT), Weigh-Ins (Friday 11th November, 11pm GMT).

What time will the McGregor fight be on?
    It's difficult to give a precise time, but with 6 fights on the main card including 3 title fights, it is likely that Alvarez v McGregor will start at around 6am. However, the McGregor v Diaz 2 fight started 15 minutes earlier than expected so I would be tuning in around 5:30am to be safe.

How can I watch the event?
    Fight Pass Prelims (the first 3 fights of the night) are live on Fight Pass (free trial for new users or €7.99 a month. Subscribe here, just don't forget to cancel if you don't want to continue to be billed!). Fight Pass will also get you the Prelims live (the next 4 fights before the main card), while the Prelims are also broadcast on BT Sport.

Since August, the only legal way to view the main card of UFC events live now is to have access to BT Sport. Virgin Media customers no longer have access to BT Sport which was well documented in the summer.

Sky customers can subscribe here at a special UFC 205 offer price of €16.99 per month (no annual contract, but minimum 2 months required) or €225 for the year, while Eir broadband customers can get BT Sport for free on their Sky box by providing Eir with their viewing card number. Eir broadband customers can also access BT Sport online for free (and view on their PC/laptop via their browser or tablet or phone via the app) by following the instructions here.

Who Will Win The Main Event? 264 votes

Alvarez via KO/TKO
    0%
    Alvarez via Decision
    7%
    laforsPlayboymickscalifanoKirbyL1m1tlessredarmySpatialPlanning[Deleted User]Charlie Haughy12gauge daveGamb!tAndersonisgodgallagrossi.Ken Shamrockdrugstore cowboyCaptainInsanoDontThankMe 19 votes
    Alvarez via Submission
    2%
    Sam HainLuckycharms_74derfderfvapor trailsTheNapjjdonegalGamebred 7 votes
    McGregor via KO/TKO
    7%
    Legend_DITstoogeKrieg0ph0rce0[Deleted User]8-10themandan6611blade1MoodeRatorToobzWailindarcedrickyjbwp_ratheadLiamaloneDeclanReTilikumwell spoken manDoco1 19 votes
    McGregor via Decision
    73%
    Samuri SuicideBounty HunterrabbitinlightsCianan2Healiomdwexfordchillywilly[Deleted User]KJLoadedscreamBawnmoremark.leonardInquitusCousin itctrl-alt-deletePigheadtwilight_singerTiggerSignpostBatesy 195 votes
    McGregor via Submission
    9%
    TCP/IPsReq | uTeKA-Trakbeansjoblessjoe316youcancallmealpositivenotedubrovIrishcrxopti76Lukker-smilerfShane St.mossy14degzsdjPSBbigbuddaRobbingBanditAmazingfun 24 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Decision
    Cheers Paully

Mod Note:

It goes without saying the same rules apply here as the other threads..

Another McGregor event on the horizon. This usually means a few things happen..

1. We get an influx of new posters - fans and haters alike. If someone is out of line just report it, do not get into back and forth with them.

2. A lot of you let it go to your head and get over excited by the whole thing. Think before you post, whether its about fighters or replying to someones post. Basically have some common sense.

3. Some of you decide to report every comment that is anti McGregor or when someone says something you dont like. This is not the McGregor appreciation forum - people are allowed have opinions, as long as they follow the rules of boards and the forum charter there is no reason to be reporting people unnecessarily, it makes extra work for us and you stand out as someone looking to get others banned for no reason which does you no favours.

The forum gets extra busy and the mods dont have time to be dealing with the added muppetry. If people are stepping out of line, acting the idiot or trolling then expect to be taking a break from the forum till after the fight. Consider that advanced warning and dont bother crying over pm if you get banned for clearly stepping out of line.

So keep it civil, enjoy the build up and the fight and keep the acting the muppet to a minimum so everyone else can enjoy it too..

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    Gamebreds account has been hacked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Alvarez via Submission
    Santa Clause isnt real WAR ALVAREZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yeeeewooww getting real now. When is the first embedded up

Alvarez via Submission
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BMdghJqBov-/?taken-by=thenotoriousmma

Conor looking great physically as you'd expect arms look more muscular than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

McGregor via Decision
    Wonder will he be similar weight to Diaz fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

HERE WE GO!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Decision
    D.Q wrote: »
    Yeeeewooww getting real now. When is the first embedded up

It'll be up around 230am tomorrow night going into tuesday. First one nearly always drops then.

Tonight got a 1 hour "Fighting for History" documentary narrated by Anthony Bourdain, featuring new original interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 rossi.

Alvarez via Decision
    Shame eddie doesn't get mcgregors belt when he wins. ☺

It'll be up around 230am tomorrow night going into tuesday. First one nearly always drops then.

Tonight got a 1 hour "Fighting for History" documentary narrated by Anthony Bourdain, featuring new original interviews.

On fight pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Decision
    rossi. wrote: »
    Shame eddie doesn't get mcgregors belt when he wins.
    It would be fairly stupid if he did tbh

Alvarez via Submission
    Yeah theres 2 belts on the line already the 155 and the McGregor belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    rossi. wrote: »
    Shame eddie doesn't get mcgregors belt when he wins. ☺

Go over to that corner there and we'll try and send someone over to you to explain how this all works. We'll try not to keep you waiting too long. In the meantime though there are some blocks and a big yellow digger for you to play with!!

Good lad. :-)

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Didn't take long for this thread to escalate, did it?

I fly out on Wednesday, absolutely buzzing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

McGregor by submission. I think all the work he's been putting in the past couple of fight camps with Danis will pay off massively for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Alvarez via Decision
    Whens Brock Lesnar fighting??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Decision
    AAAAAAWWWW YYYIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

McGregor via Decision
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    AAAAAAWWWW YYYIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS

Love Dan Hardy's analysis, I always send any of my mates trying to get into the sport in his direction.
    The only other time I get this excited about a new episode is when a GOT season is underway!

I always cringe thinking of RTE trying to do their own coverage of this haha

Alvarez via Submission
    Gastelum arguably beat Woodley while half sick think he wins at least 2 of 3 rounds to beat cowboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What time is Brock..............

Buzzing for this fight! With previous fights i've suffered a bit of hype fatigue, so this time around i've stayed away from any hype material until the week of the event.

I'm allowed get pumped now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

McGregor via Decision
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    What time is Brock..............

Buzzing for this fight! With previous fights i've suffered a bit of hype fatigue, so this time around i've stayed away from any hype material until the week of the event.

I'm allowed get pumped now!!!

Anyone got the time of Brocks....

:eek:

Saturday looks so good with cage warriors then the best UFC card in history. Still cant believe its intact and looking....like...it...might...make...the...distance

Tinie wrote: »
    Anyone got the time of Brocks....

:eek:

Saturday looks so good with cage warriors then the best UFC card in history. Still cant believe its intact and looking....like...it...might...make...the...distance

Shuuuuuut upppp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

McGregor via Decision
    the key for me is the reach
    alvarez 69 inches v mcgregor 74 , the same as it was against aldo . conor is so good fighting at range . eddie struggled when trying to get inside against cerone , he's always relied on being able to take one to get one of his own shots off but against mcgregor that tactic might make for a short night , i think it will be mcgregor by TKO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Decision
    Embedded in the hoose

Alvarez via Submission
    Alvarez with a nice shiner getting lit up before the fight even begins, He looks cool as a cucumber though not ''gotten to'' anyways thats for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

McGregor via Decision
    Lads how can anyone dislike wonderboy what a legend; cannot wait for this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

McGregor via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    Lads how can anyone dislike wonderboy what a legend; cannot wait for this event.

I can't stand him personally. He was annoying when he just won the belt then pulled out the race card when people said he should fight Wonderboy instead of Nick Diaz/GSP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

ASOT wrote:

Love Wonderboy, Up there with my favourite of all time, probably just below Crocop. I can't see how he beats Woodleys explosiveness, I don't think he will be able to keep distance as well as he does with other opponets but I really hope he does put Woodley to sleep.

McGregor via Decision
    Karolina sounds like Peter Griffin hitting that bag. Hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

What do ye reckon lads....lights out and The Foggy Dew for the garden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

McGregor via Decision
    any way of ordering this as a once off ppv ?

i dont want to use the ufc site or any streams

just want to use the tv but dont wanna sign up to a tv package just for this

McGregor via Decision

Afraid not! At least not any way we can discuss on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

McGregor via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »

Uh oh

Think Eircom is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In a way I kind of wish Conor wasn't on this card. :o It's always harder to enjoy it when I'll be bricking it all night leading up to and during his fight.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Paully D wrote: »
    In a way I kind of wish Conor wasn't on this card. :o It's always harder to enjoy it when I'll be bricking it all night leading up to and during his fight.

The part on Inside the Octagon which showed Alvarez against Pettis, and his little move to lean in, dodge and shut off the space as me worried now. It's really not something I considered before.

It makes me believe he'll try it against Conor. Hopefully he can catch him with a sweet one but now that I've seen Alvarez can dodge them, it makes me worry about his own counter to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You'll have to go through Eir Sport/Sky and take out a minimum 2 month contract. It's very quick and easy and can be done online with a few clicks (see link in OP).

If you're a Sky customer and a non-Eir broadband customer (so can't avail of their free offer which gives Eir broadband customers free access to BT Sport), they have a special UFC 205 offer price of €16.99 per month for the first 2 months, so it'll work out at €34 if you want to cancel straight after.

Just to note however that if you subscribed you'd also get access to 8 more events including UFC 206 and UFC 207 (Ronda's return) before your subscription expires.

McGregor via Decision
    Paully D wrote:
    In a way I kind of wish Conor wasn't on this card. It's always harder to enjoy it when I'll be bricking it all night leading up to and during his fight.

Beer and Doritos help......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Alvarez via Submission
    My word Romero is in some shape . Cant wait for that fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

McGregor via Decision
    What time is Trump v Hillary? Hillary by rear naked choke for me.

Oooooh so close now, Saturday is like Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

McGregor via Decision
    Let's hope the losing supporters in NYC aren't rioting over the election results!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

McGregor via Decision
    dashoonage wrote: »
    What do ye reckon lads....lights out and The Foggy Dew for the garden?

of course

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

McGregor via Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    You'll have to go through Eir Sport/Sky and take out a minimum 2 month contract. It's very quick and easy and can be done online with a few clicks (see link in OP).

If you're a Sky customer and a non-Eir broadband customer (so can't avail of their free offer which gives Eir broadband customers free access to BT Sport), they have a special UFC 205 offer price of €16.99 per month for the first 2 months, so it'll work out at €34 if you want to cancel straight after.

Just to note however that if you subscribed you'd also get access to 8 more events including UFC 206 and UFC 207 (Ronda's return) before your subscription expires.

As far as I can see, BT have decided to add an activation fee also. Is there any way around this? They are taking the piss at this stage

EDIT: Nevermind, I was stupidly on the uk website. I see that offer from Eir now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

McGregor via Decision
    What time is Trump v Hillary? Hillary by rear naked choke for me.

Oooooh so close now, Saturday is like Christmas.
    Nah, Trump to get beat up for 4 rounds, lands a great shot in the 5th and then it will depend can he finish her or will the bell sound!

This card is ridiculous. Like that prelim card could be it's own PPV if you took one of the title fights and made it the main event. Stacked top to bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Wonderboy retrospective - Really excited for this one too.
    https://youtu.be/_z1AEWH7uLc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Always surprises me when a top level athlete uses things like acupuncture. I know it doesn't have any negative effects but still strange as you expect all the professionals around them to be versed in pseudoscience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    duke roufus really got me thinking yesterday, could you have a more perfect coach to try decode and strategize for wonderboy? still backing wonderboy to get the w but I dont think it'll be as open and shut as i thought at first!

McGregor via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    duke roufus really got me thinking yesterday, could you have a more perfect coach to try decode and strategize for wonderboy? still backing wonderboy to get the w but I dont think it'll be as open and shut as i thought at first!

Duke is one of the good guys BUT i lost some respect for him when he allowed CM Punk to fight Mickey Gall. Yes, i know Punk is a grown man who can decide for himself. But a Coach has a responsibility not to allow a fighter to get inside a cage, risking his life and health, if he isn't ready.

Punk clearly wasn't ready. He crossed feet many times when he came forward from the bell, which is a foundation level principle he butchered. He had completely no answers for Gall on the ground and didn't even execute basic principles. Gall went 6 minutes with Gordon Ryan at the NAGA World no-gi's in 2015 without being submitted. If you can hang 6 minutes with a phenom, you're obviously talented.

He should have said to Punk "you're not ready and if you insist on fighting i can't stand over it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

McGregor via Decision
    Depp wrote: »

Definitely going be a very interesting fight. Wonderboy is a master strategist too. How he shut Rory down was impressive. Though if there's anyone who can get inside the pocket fast enough to do damage it's Woodley.

McGregor via Decision
    Definitely going be a very interesting fight. Wonderboy is a master strategist too. How he shut Rory down was impressive. Though if there's anyone who can get inside the pocket fast enough to do damage it's Woodley.

There's only one "strategy" for Woodley and it's very simple - it's called Matt Brown.

He just needs to be willing to take a shot closing the distance and make it an ugly, attritional fight with lots of clinch work and mat work.

Failing that he just needs to land a bomb of a right hand and hope for the best - maybe break one of his ribs or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement