Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Ah right, not the worst so, must try to see if there is an alternate way of re-watching without streaming it on facebook the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Ah right, not the worst so, must try to see if there is an alternate way of re-watching without streaming it on facebook the next day.

I got myself a HDMI cable a while back, If you haven't got one you'll pick one up for around €10 in any electronics shop (I actually got mine in HMV).

I make sure there's nothing running on my laptop, open up Facebook, make it full screen and plug the HDMI cable into my TV. Great watchin all night! If the stream is running well it's TV quality, you can barely tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I got myself a HDMI cable a while back, If you haven't got one you'll pick one up for around €10 in any electronics shop (I actually got mine in HMV).

I make sure there's nothing running on my laptop, open up Facebook, make it full screen and plug the HDMI cable into my TV. Great watchin all night! If the stream is running well it's TV quality, you can barely tell the difference.

I find it's often high def as long as your internet connection is fast.

Just to be clear lads, all the prelims are on facebook and start at what time?

Then the main event only will be on Setanta Ireland and Premier Sports, also ufc.tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Endless questions here, but I'll ask another one.

If (and I suspect it is a big if) the fight airs free on Setanta, will this only be free when it's live? So if I record it to watch the next day will be be enctypted again? I know from past experience that even if something is broadcast free, when the channel is encrypted again you can't watch it even if it was free when you recorded.

I recorded stuff from MUTV once when they had a free weekend but it all got locked once the free weekend ended. Same with fights I had stored from when I had Setanta. Once I cancelled Setanta the old fights were locked.

So in other words I have no choice but to do a late nighter if I want to see this? (I don't do dodgy downloads/streams etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

http://www.setanta.com/ie/TV-Listings/

Sunday 13th at 2am

UFC: Velasquez v Dos Santos
    Two of UFC's brightest stars battle in a highly-anticipated heavyweight championship bout as champion Cain Velasquez, steps into the Octagon with No. 1 contender Junior dos Santos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

srumball wrote: »

Sunday 13th at 2am

Two of UFC's brightest stars battle in a highly-anticipated heavyweight championship bout as champion Cain Velasquez, steps into the Octagon with No. 1 contender Junior dos Santos.

Balls... Setanta... the piss poorest Sports station going... why there of all places...?

A download the next day it will have to be I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

I really hope FX gets all of the UFC programming, it is a bit sickening the way the UFC keeps changing around like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Noffles wrote: »

Balls... Setanta... the piss poorest Sports station going... why there of all places...?

A download the next day it will have to be I suppose
    Setanta isnt the best sports channel around, but why would the channel itself make you want to download it instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

srumball wrote: »

Sunday 13th at 2am

Why is it only 2-3am on the tv listings? are they showing the entire fightcard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Why is it only 2-3am on the tv listings? are they showing the entire fightcard?

Only one fight, JDS v Cain, everything else is live on Facebook.

I'm going to update the first post in the thread with all the details to hopefully avoid confusion.
    Edit: Looks like I'm not allowed to edit a post this far out, let the confusion continue.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Ya apparently its only the main event on Setanta.

Seen this on Twitter? What will this be? Just interviews and weighins is it?
    SetantaSports Setanta Sports
    Preview of the UFC championship bout between champion Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos on Setanta Ireland at 7pm this evening #ufc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

thebison wrote: »
    Ya apparently its only the main event on Setanta.

Seen this on Twitter? What will this be? Just interviews and weighins is it?

Maybe the Primetime show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Only one fight, JDS v Cain, everything else is live on Facebook.

I'm going to update the first post in the thread with all the details to hopefully avoid confusion.
    Edit: Looks like I'm not allowed to edit a post this far out, let the confusion continue.

Ehh but theres no way the main event will be on before 3am?! so how does that work out?

Tones69 wrote: »
    Ehh but theres no way the main event will be on before 3am?! so how does that work out?

It's so it airs pretty much primetime in America at 9-10 their time. I imagine fight will start around 2.20 GMT, leaving enough time if it goes five rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

http://uk.ufc.com/event/UFC-on-Fox/watch
    • Prelims start 9:45PM GMT on Facebook
    • Main card on 2-3AM GMT on Setanta Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Have it on record from UPC, cannot wait. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 67 ✭✭Lemmewinks

Gonna get up to watch this - but what time do you reckon the Henderson/Guida fight would be on FB at? Just before the main, or will there be a big gap between?

Lemmewinks wrote: »
    Gonna get up to watch this - but what time do you reckon the Henderson/Guida fight would be on FB at? Just before the main, or will there be a big gap between?

Don't think anyone really know this for sure tbh as the production will be different to usual, so depending on how they want to do it. I'd guess any time from 1.30 I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Setanta isnt the best sports channel around, but why would the channel itself make you want to download it instead?

The extortionate cost of the channel would be my reason. Not everyone gets Setanta Ireland for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

So has the ufc's contract now expired with ESPN UK?

I'm annoyed as **** over the undercard, I'm sick of the ufc treating us like second class citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

So has the ufc's contract now expired with ESPN UK?

I'm annoyed as **** over the undercard, I'm sick of the ufc treating us like second class citizens

No just the fights being showed on fox in the us, think its about four per year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

It's the same for North America too, they'll have to watch all but the main event on FoxSports.com or Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

just watched the Primetime episode, they should have dubbed this fight "Battle of the Nice Guys", two top class dudes in and out of the ring.

Predictions folks? I'm going Cain in 3.

Just watching MMA live that was linked to above, Chael's brilliant.

Todd: Let's assume you beat Anderson...

Chael: Fair assumption

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anybody have a clue wether or not setanta will be encrypted tonight? ive a feeling it will

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

dulux99 wrote: »
    Anybody have a clue wether or not setanta will be encrypted tonight? ive a feeling it will

I hope not.
    Anybody know a decent stream just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Dean09 wrote: »

I hope not.
    Anybody know a decent stream just in case?

UFC.tv will be showing it. Only takes two seconds to register, but ideally I want to watch it on my telly not my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Preview of this is on Setatnta Ireland now and as confirmed below, it is gonna be on for free at 2am. This is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

UFC.tv will be showing it. Only takes two seconds to register, but ideally I want to watch it on my telly not my laptop

That's right yeah, I forgot it was on ufc tv. Its lookin like it will be un-encrypted anyway so it's all good!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Niall0 wrote: »
    http://uk.ufc.com/event/UFC-on-Fox/watch
    • Prelims start 9:45PM GMT on Facebook

On Facebook? I don't follow. How can I watch the prelims?

I've been to the page and 'liked' it but how do I get the video up or will it start automatically? :confused:

Advertisement