Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for the top 100 UFC fights of all time

Options
  • 18-05-2009 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

you can vote for the top 100 ufc fights of all time on the spike tv website at the moment, so far what I have seen of the selection would not have been fights that had been on my radar,
    anyway if there is a fight we all agree on maybe we try and rock the vote ?

So limiting yourself to the spike selection give us your top 3 fights
    and if u want your top three not in the selection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Havent looked at the list but:

Roger Heurta V Guieda

Tank V The Predator

Bonner V Forrest Griffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

It really bothers me that fights likt Frank Shamrock vs Tito are missing. I know why they arent there, but it still bothers me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

dunkamania wrote: »
    It really bothers me that fights likt Frank Shamrock vs Tito are missing. I know why they arent there, but it still bothers me

Agreed. That would have been my number two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I’m with you here. I know it is some what a fanboyish thing to say but it is particularly disgusting given what these guys went through in their fights and training.

The list of "missing" UFC fights that Dave Meltzer mentioned while ago:
    Roger Huerta vs. Leonard Garcia
    Frank Shamrock vs.Tito Ortiz
    Maurice Smith vs. Mark Coleman
    The Tank Abbott vs. Oleg Taktarov fights.
    Don Frye vs. Amoury Bitetti
    Don Frye vs. Mark Coleman

Fighters they eliminated all traces of Maurice Smith, Frank Shamrock, Matt Lindland (the Baroni fight was great), Dan Severn (who never had great fights but his fight with Anthony Macias was a huge deal at the time and should have made a list of the best 177) and Bas Rutten (who had a great fight with Tsuyoshi Kosaka). They also didn’t have a great Liddell vs. Vitor Belfort match because it was on what was called UFC 37.5 (a late added show for an FSN TV taping between 37 and 38).

Of the 177 fights, 170 of them were from UFC 29 on (right before Zuffa took over),

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I was talking to a few at training last night and it was one fight that consistently came up,it should be there .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd vote only i instantly leave a page that makes me click through that many pages :mad: so dont know if ken and royce is on there but it should be more recently in terms of a fight i really wanted someone to win and was shouting at the tv was rampage and forest , not that it was a great fight but it was the last one i recall getting caught up in the hype of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

yeah its so annoying clicking through such a clunky list, plus i dont know why they insist on the video loading on every single page!!!

Possibly my favourite UFC fight of all of them. Sad really that ego's can cause an air brushing of the companies history.

Advertisement