Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL 2020 Season Playoffs - Wildcard Weekend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭threeball

Foxtrol wrote: »
    That is how basically every team plays them but it is far easier said than done.

Titans have actually been doing a decent job of it for most of the game, Jackson only needs one gap and he is gone.

Didn't play him like that on that down. The Man tasked with containing him was 25yards behind the line of scrimmage when he should have been no more than 10. Once the gap appeared there was nothing to stop him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

threeball wrote: »
    Titans should just play to contain Jackson in the pocket and let him throw. He's very effective once he gets running but below average in general QB play. Limit his chances to run and they'll increase their chances exponentially

The main reason for that, IMO, is his lack of outside threats (none) as opposed to a lack of talent on Jackson’s part. He can only do so much.

Whatever happens tonight, the Ravens should spend every penny they can in the off-season on putting together a competent set of WR’s.

It’s been the same downfall with them for a long time now.

Pat Ricard is an animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pat Ricard is an animal.

Big unit alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Better now

This game is flying along.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

threeball wrote: »
    Didn't play him like that on that down. The Man tasked with containing him was 25yards behind the line of scrimmage when he should have been no more than 10. Once the gap appeared there was nothing to stop him

Disagree. It looked very much like 51 was on Jackson - 6 yards off the line of scrimmage. He made a mistake and believed Jackson was contained and took the RB when he came out late. He still nearly made the tackle on Jackson if it wasn't for his change of direction and the block by the RB.

Even if a team has someone with no other responsibility than simply spying Jackson there are very few guys who Jackson won't beat at some point athletically.

Missed FG by Justin tucker. It looked like his left leg kind of slipped. That all state ad is bizarre and when the “astronauts” are flying over the crater the words “do not attempt” appear on the screen. Ffs that’s bad when a company needs to put that on the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Think that punt is a really bad decision. (As is not running Henry on either 2nd or 3rd down)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

BrentMused wrote: »
    The main reason for that, IMO, is his lack of outside threats (none) as opposed to a lack of talent on Jackson’s part. He can only do so much.

Whatever happens tonight, the Ravens should spend every penny they can in the off-season on putting together a competent set of WR’s.

It’s been the same downfall with them for a long time now.

In fairness, Hollywood Brown means business tonight and is blossoming into a decent option, particularly post-Covid.

May not be at the level of Diggs or Hopkins yet, but I'd be looking at bringing in a companion for Brown, not a replacment.

FG ravens. Seven point game with under five minutes to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Kev8360

time for derrick henry to break out for a big run...

That is an outrageous call on Snead, especially when you don't call the one on Brown in the end-zone.

Either call both, or none.

Fans of every team think they are hard done by but there is a serious problem with officiating in the NFL and it's time that something was done about it.

In fairness, Hollywood Brown means business tonight and is blossoming into a decent option, particularly post-Covid.

May not be at the level of Diggs or Hopkins yet, but I'd be looking at bringing in a companion for Brown, not a replacment.

He's fine, but I wouldn't want him to be any more than my #2.

The problem for Baltimore is what should be a #2, is the go-to.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely wouldn't replace/get rid of him!

BrentMused wrote: »
    That is an outrageous call on Snead, especially when you don't call the one on Brown in the end-zone.

Either call both, or none.

Fans of every team think they are hard done by but there is a serious problem with officiating in the NFL and it's time that something was done about it.

It wasn’t an outrageous call on Snead. It was technically the definition of the foul because he used his shoulder.

Edit: if you’ve ever read the nfl rule book it’s overly complicated as it’s written which I think is a problem.

Anyway two minute warning in Nashville.

• Advertisement

YOINK!

YOINK!

It’s not over as the Titans have all three time outs but it’s not looking like it’s the Titans day.

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1348369845738479616

What a celebration from Baltimore after the INT! :D

He who laughs last, laughs the longest and all that.

And that’s the game. And under an hour until the bears and saints game kicks off.

First time Baltimore have come back to win from 10+ behind since 2016! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Pretty lame to run off the field without even acknowledging your opponents after a tough game. At least shake Tannehill's hand, Lamar.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Pretty lame to run off the field without even acknowledging your opponents after a tough game. At least shake Tannehill's hand, Lamar.

Why did he do that?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It wasn’t an outrageous call on Snead. It was technically the definition of the foul because he used his shoulder.

Edit: if you’ve ever read the nfl rule book it’s overly complicated as it’s written which I think is a problem.

Anyway two minute warning in Nashville.

Brown's one earlier would have also fallen into that category though.

I think the 'let them play' thing in the playoffs and SB is stupid in generally, it gets worse when it seems to go on only one team

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Better team won.
    That punt on 4th and two was a biiiig mistake

It’s the one thing I don’t get. Why can’t you just shake your opponent’s hand after a game. You might not mean it in the slightest but at least do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Watching the best of spongebob sporting moments before the bears/saints on nickelodeon..... I'm looking forward to this way too much.

He doesn't have history of doing that (cough... Brady) so if I was to guess it was either to get the team away from any additional trouble post logo stomp or else a mental type of run to prep for their next game rather than celebrating.

He ended up having to come back out to interview anyway so it made the whole thing pointless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Better team won.
    That punt on 4th and two was a biiiig mistake

Yep, made actually no sense if you want to win the game.

https://twitter.com/surrender_index/status/1348364466606530562

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭threeball

I fully expect the Chiefs to put them to the sword in the next round so hopefully that will be the end of the Ravens. Can't warm to them or their coach.

I'm going to watch this on Nickelodeon. Hopefully Nagy gets slimed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Manti Teo plays for us? That was news to me.

Manti Teo plays for us? That was news to me.

He was only a practice squad guy until yesterday when Roquan was ruled out.

He was only a practice squad guy until yesterday when Roquan was ruled out.

Better than last week when his girlfriend was in for Smith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

She was real, he met her on the Internet. Good win for Baltimore in the end, I give the Bears a squeak here, Montgomery is a good runner, and Trubisky has ability if he can avoid stupid throws

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

I'm going to watch this on Nickelodeon. Hopefully Nagy gets slimed.

... Interesting, thanks for the heads up, I've switched to it. Refreshing, not 100% sure what to make of it though.

Poor guy will never live that down. Apparently he is making a documentary about it with Netflix.
    ... Interesting, thanks for the heads up, I've switched to it. Refreshing, not 100% sure what to make of it though.

The kid on the sideline, Lex, is a pretty good presenter and he's only 14!

Nate Burleson made a Kenan & Kel reference after 30 seconds which made my day.

The main commentator, Ian Eagle's son Noah, is really good too. He should really be a regular NFL commentator.

Jackson is ALLERGIC to tackling this year.

We had no answers on that drive. Harris, Thomas and Kamara all made big plays. Think we'll struggle to get to grips with them going on that, too many dimensions to their offense, it's not like there's just one glaring issue here.

That looks complete. Nice throw from Mitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Looked like a clear catch to me.

That looks complete. Nice throw from Mitch.

Another poxy review, it's a catch, caught it and ran with it, how can they call it incomplete, so I hope it's called a catch, if it isn't, what is?

Surely that'll be overturned...

Nice play.

Looked like a clear catch to me.

It looked good both in real time and in replay. I’ve no idea what the refs saw there. Last night was the same carry on. Even watching replays the refs seemed to be seeing different things.

Another poxy review, it's a catch, caught it and ran with it, how can they call it incomplete, so I hope it's called a catch, if it isn't, what is?

The eternal question with the NFL. Why they can't clearly define a catch after years of controversy on it is beyond me. As you say, if that isn't one...

It was a catch before the review lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Oh my god... straight through his hands

That was a bad drop

Wims you ****ing clown!

Oh you can’t let that go through your hands.

It was a catch before the review lads.

It was ruled incomplete before the review

• Advertisement
Advertisement