Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dapping Rods

Options
  • 06-12-2020 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

If hear of people using match rods instead of the telescopic rods which seem to be common. Does anyone have any experience of using a match rod for dapping ,I presume the are lighter but might not be as long. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

crusier wrote: »
    If hear of people using match rods instead of the telescopic rods which seem to be common. Does anyone have any experience of using a match rod for dapping ,I presume the are lighter but might not be as long. Thanks in advance

I find most lads in the Midlands use the sheapest shyte rod they can find, 12 euro telescopic rods from the bargain bin.

Match rods would definitely be a lighter rod to hold all day for dapping.
    I gáve up fly fishing and dapping a few years ago, but if I got back into it, I'd try a match rod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

would a match rod have enough back bone for a wild brownie though? It would be some craic getting a 3-4lb wild brownie on a match rod!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

would a match rod have enough back bone for a wild brownie though? It would be some craic getting a 3-4lb wild brownie on a match rod!

That's what I was worried about. I was told it was much lighter and better for hooking a fish. I guess if you play them right you'll eventually get them in.

Advertisement