Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Japanese Arcade Container

Options
  • 11-11-2020 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

Considering doing a Jap container shortly. Looking to buy a couple of games myself and to fill the rest with games for others, I can do most much cheaper than most of the UK/Europe guys plus much less shipping since they'll land in Ireland. A deposit of 30% will be required to be paid up front, after that the full remaining amount will be paid on arrival of the container. This will be a one off for now. Here are some of the full prices in Euro for each, including import and shipping charges to our place:

Namco Noir HD 750
    Namco Noir Full HD 950
    Sega Lindbergh 900
    G-Balance 990
    Dissidia Final Fantasy 950
    Nostalgia 1800
    Maimai Finale 2500
    Crossbeats 2700
    Project Diva 1650
    Theathrythm Final Fantasy 2600
    Taiko 7 3300
    Bishi Bashi Channel 4500

There's more I can get too, they'd be new Viewlix L, Viewlix VS but they potentially but harder to get and fair expensive as usual.

Limited spaces so give me a shout if you're interested, container wouldn't be in until Mid February most likely depending on demand, deposit would be needed in a few weeks time. This will only go ahead if there's enough interest so spread the word if you can! Gauging interest at the minute but prices like these may not come up again. Shipping offered from Limerick, I presume 50-70 for each (or can usually fit 2 candies on one pallet), or collect yourself for free! May do a deal if you're taking a few but not making much on these, more just trying to fill a container, hence the low prices (one or two a little high but is what I'm getting them for).

I will do a separate For Sale thread when I start taking money, I'm just gauging interest for the minute.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭geotrig

great stuff , tempted by a noir but have wanted a vewlix for quiet some time also :( and have no space .... :(:(

0ebbd21aeb49f1ad44a313809e832bee.jpg

Sweet sweet candy......

Any dino kings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dav09

geotrig wrote: »
    great stuff , tempted by a noir but have wanted a vewlix for quiet some time also :( and have no space .... :(:(

Yep the Noirs are my personal favourite probably, and yeah typical the joys of it haha!
    0ebbd21aeb49f1ad44a313809e832bee.jpg

Sweet sweet candy......

Any dino kings ?

Dino Kings I can ask but they weren't initally offered but I can get a lot of stuff, nice cabs but might be cheaper to buy from the UK now these days as it'd be tough beating those prices with shipping/ import tax factored in unless you wanted an original. http://ukvac.com/forum/dino-kings-600_topic380568.html

£600+ shipping for a dino is madness imo

Probably so yeah but has a nice kit on it, they were 450 pounds last time I remember, I'll see what I can do

• Advertisement

I've been toying with the idea of downsizing again and then this thread ..fml:pac:

It have to be that "police one" and i'd be tempted not at 600 though lol !I've never been a fan of them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,527 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I quite like converted Dinos - the cheap man's Capcom cute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Any Egret 2 machines knocking around?

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Any Egret 2 machines knocking around?

Again I'll ask as those I'd be very interested in myself in getting. People here now adays ask mad money for those, they used to be a few hundred quid a while back but then again so were Paperboys haha. I have a contact who sells them but are out of stock there.

Any cabs wanted/ requested that's not there let me know and I can find out, doing this as I want a few cabs myself but also as I'd just love to see more Jap cabs in Ireland. Will probably need 10 or so purchased by others on top of what I'm getting to make it worth while cost wise for everyone so the container is full

Some of the other stuff I can get elswwhere are the bigger stuff like Mario Kart 2, Initial D8, Superbikes 2 and also some brand new Viewlix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

It's a bit out there, but if there's any Nintendo stuff on the go let me know :)

More specifically, stuff like cabarets here

19dfe08acc1a783503d79bd107262daa.jpg

And super specifically, a space launcher cabinet upright. I know there's some sneaky jap hiding one in a shed. As far as I know there isn't one instance of this machine known to exist, no pictures beyond a flyer. I found bits of one here, so it sucks to know there was one in Ireland but long gone :/

All in all, I reckon you have a 50/50 chance of getting one :p You don't ask, you don't get!

• Advertisement

Gradius wrote: »
    It's a bit out there, but if there's any Nintendo stuff on the go let me know :)

And super specifically, a space launcher cabinet upright. I know there's some sneaky jap hiding one in a shed. As far as I know there isn't one instance of this machine known to exist, no pictures beyond a flyer. I found bits of one here, so it sucks to know there was one in Ireland but long gone :/

All in all, I reckon you have a 50/50 chance of getting one :p You don't ask, you don't get!

Haha I'm sure one of them over there will have one in their Junk shed then :D

Jokes aside I love Nintendo cabs myself, bought a project Donkey Kong yesterday for €250 from the US with CRT but missing board, USA seems to be the best place to get them. All of the retro stuff I'm offered in Japan seem to be more expensive than the stuff here it's a little confusing. I have a few so if I sell anything down the road I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I'm interested in importing a couple of cocktail machines that sell regularly on Yahoo Auctions. Would it be possible to have those added?

Buyee doesn't allow proxy bidding on these, though, as they contain glass and are often fixer-uppers, so I would need to get around that problem.

I'm interested in importing a couple of cocktail machines that sell regularly on Yahoo Auctions. Would it be possible to have those added?

Buyee doesn't allow proxy bidding on these, though, as they contain glass and are often fixer-uppers, so I would need to get around that problem.

Maybe so but something I don't have an answer for yet, Buyee is great but has its draw backs, there's a few alternatives to Buyee too I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 34,527 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've used White Rabbit Express to bid on and ship items that Buyee said no to, might be worth checking out.

Rinka, from Japan, celga, Nippon , Jauce are worth a shot as well.

Dav any options on used vewlix C,F Or L?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Converting a Dino King cabinet looks like a fun project. Very space friendly too. I'd be interested in seeing how much one of those would cost!

Viewlix L and VS I can get yeah but they're brand new so can be more expensive (have some coming on a different container to this potentially).

As for Dino Kings waiting for a response, haven't seen many up for sale in Japan recently so I doubt it, a lot had suicided after a while too but I suppose could be converted.

Probably pushes a vewlix out of my budget If new :(

Will you be getting cab pics etc, to ascertain condition etc? I more worried about headers items missing etc?

I still don't even know if I can make space lol

Probably pushes a vewlix out of my budget If new :(

Will you be getting cab pics etc, to ascertain condition etc? I more worried about headers items missing etc?

I still don't even know if I can make space lol

I'm not 100% sure, they sent photos of some in a warehouse a few weeks back but not sure if they're the ones they're sending or if it's others, I know they're brand new so should be all there. That container is different to this one being planned here though and should be in to us start of January I reckon, shipping shortly, I'll have to work out a price and work out if they're not all bough yet on it as I didn't expect interest on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Only seeing this now.

All mostly newer stuff or any older Candy's?

Blast Citys or Cyberleads

• Advertisement

Gradius wrote: »

Those kiosk / shop cabs are odd don't see many on auctions etc, I think Ronnie brought one in a good few years back, a red one and it worked out really expensive.

Only seeing this now.

All mostly newer stuff or any older Candy's?

Blast Citys or Cyberleads

Blast City maybe but Cyberleads seem to be harder to get, but can probably only get them for a similar price as what Ronnie and the others sell them for. Although pricing differs quite a lot between sellers so trying to work out what's overall best, it seems some charge much more for older games than newer ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

dav09 wrote: »
    Blast City maybe but Cyberleads seem to be harder to get, but can probably only get them for a similar price as what Ronnie and the others sell them for. Although pricing differs quite a lot between sellers so trying to work out what's overall best, it seems some charge much more for older games than newer ones.

Good stuff. I'd definitely be interested in getting something anyway

I've asked about Dino Kings, Egret 2s and Sega Candies, the main place I'm hoping to buy them from does some of them but stock is sometimes not there so they are checking. I have a few people interested but still going to have to sell probably 10 cabs in order for it to make sense on breaking even on this idea.

For anyone who hasn't used a Noir, they're super cabs IMO, and can be wired for either Jamma or JVS, I thought there would have been more interest in them.

Do you know if people have managed to get kof xiii running in a noir?
    have just about enough room for one more cab.

Do you know if people have managed to get kof xiii running in a noir?
    have just about enough room for one more cab.

Yeah I'm almost sure, we have Taito Type X2s and I've a multi-board which has it so I'll test it for you during the week and will get back to you but anything JVS should work so I can't see why not. That multi-games aren't cheap (I think around 300 with the HDD and board) but well worth it for home use, can play all of X1/X2 and more games on them.

Full art sets for sale to would make it look nice https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-0-The-King-of-Fighters-XIII-Artwork-for-Vewlix-Taito-Type-x2-NESiCA-x-Live/114493167222?hash=item1aa8531676:g:bukAAOSwk~NfXUMg - I can the marquees done locally for cheap

Edit: Or this one actually https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNK-The-The-King-of-Fighters-XIII-art-set-for-Sega-Lindbergh-Namco-Noir-Jamma/114493167168?hash=item1aa8531640:g:t1YAAOSwjbpfXUJb

If u can check it out that would be cool ,it would be a while off before u picked one up either way anyhow.

I know people early on with the multis had issues with a few games in the noirs, a coin error that couldnt be got past, I think ,with some games like kofxiii and it somehow tied into the Namco io iirc, but that could have all been solved either way they're still a great hd cab
    Id be surprised if the marquee/ header didn't come with it ?

If u can check it out that would be cool ,it would be a while off before u picked one up either way anyhow.

I know people early on with the multis had issues with a few games in the noirs, a coin error that couldnt be got past, I think ,with some games like kofxiii and it somehow tied into the Namco io iirc, but that could have all been solved either way they're still a great hd cab
    Id be surprised if the marquee/ header didn't come with it ?

Yeah you're right actually, I have some Noirs that I can test on before the container is ordered so I'll let you know. There was a workaround for those issues I believe yeah I think something had to be done to the microswitch if I recall (a resistor needed to be soldered or something), I will let you know, and Freeplay usually worked fine if it had the option. As for the Marquee/ header yeah all included m that link was just for KOF art as sometimes they come as something else or usually blank.

Any update on whether this container is happening?

• Advertisement

Any update on whether this container is happening?
    So it's been a lot of effort trying to organize this and I'm being as transparent as I can on this. So here's an update on what's happening:

1. Initial plan was to sell to people here in Ireland, however only had about 3 or 4 people interested in committing to taking what's in stock which fell short by about 5 or 6 people. I also had some people in the UK as a fallback, however, they are hesitant due to brexit with no one really knowing what trade terms will be in place when this lands (however I'm working on ensuring there's no double tax, that shouldn't be an issue anyway it's just all a little messy at the minute)
    2. Stock on Egret's, Sega Candy Cabs and Dino Kings are limited in Japan it seems and prices have crept up lately again. From the 3 suppliers I contacted, very few had any to offer. Buyee/ Yahoo Japan prices will work out cheaper buying them in the UK than Japan + shipping and import which says a lot.
    3. Questions about Yahoo Japan: Yes we could ship games from Yahoo Japan to the supplier I'm hoping to work with, but probably wouldn't happen until I was working on potentially container #2 which is a long way off, or this would want to be 100% going ahead as it's a big commitment

4. Will this be going ahead? Having intended to put in an order at the beginning of December, between interest in Ireland and interest in the UK it just hasn't been enough, I was hoping to take about half the container myself and half shared out. So for right now, the answer is no, unfortunately.

I will look to gauge interest once again early next year maybe January, which would give people time to have a think along with hopefully finding another supplier on my side for Candys, and we should have a clearer picture on brexit and how this will complicate things so hopefully we'll be easily able to have a half container filled, or I potentially might be able to take a little more of the container depending on how things go this month.

For now, there's some food for thought. Any questions from anyone give me a shout, if you might be interested for mid-January also let me know along with any requests for cabs.

Advertisement