Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find a Tax Advisor/ Tax Accountant

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 oliviablond

I use services of linkagemind

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Hi

Looking for recommendation of tax advisor in Dublin 2 or 4 (Baggot St area) to deal with revenue re: undeclared rental income

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Looking for a tax advisor to assist with split years / double taxation / non-resident returns for 2015 and 2016.

PMs welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Jambonjunior

I'm looking to move and become a tax resident abroad while continuing to work for an Irish based company. I'd be interested in getting advice regard this. PMs welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Not sure if people respond to these, but I'm looking for a Tax Accountant to deal with an inheritance from the UK and tax to be paid here in Ireland.
    Suppose I'm looking for an initial guideline on how much I should expect to pay...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hi folks! Hoping someone can give me a recommendation for a tax advisor in Cork. I'm going to be in Ireland for one day in the middle of next month (a Friday) and I'm hoping I can get an appointment. Non-resident Irish citizen, looking for advice on dual taxation in Europe and how to deal with my new freelance business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Hi, i'm a LTD company (two directors,) and i invoice one agent per month (sometimes other smaller clients but rare) for professional contracting services for a multinational (site base, also with home office ,fairly typical arrangement)

i don't claim subsistence and mileage rates and have a 2 seater van for traveling to and from site to home office.

i would take to find a good accountant in the south Munster area, that can guide me in the right direction.

i would also like to hear your views on N1 5 seater commercial vehicles for BIK purposes.

feel free to PM with a contact number and i will ring or email you back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Hi,
    I'm a PAYE employee in the public service but do additional work which up until now has had tax deducted at source. That is no longer the case as revenue have agreed that they don't need to. I believe I'm an assessable person so I would like to get some good tax advice. This year is particularly complicated (I can't work it out myself) because half the year has been deducted at source already and the rest isn't going to be so I've no idea what to do.

Please feel free to PM with contact details

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Teazer

Spouse and I are looking for an accountant to advise on personal tax returns from 2013 to 2015, we're both PAYE workers, and whether planned shed conversion can qualify for rent a room relief. Prefer someone who is based in Dublin 15.

Also posting for a friend who's mom (based overseas) will gift them a sum for home equity.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 brianstann

Can someone recommend me someone to get advice on re residence issues? ideally someone that can do consultations via phone/skype and isnt overly expensive. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Rodger4

As a lot of the threads are looking for tax professionals/ accountants I have opened this thread to allow people to ask for recommendations.

Please do not post personal details here or reply to queries on the thread.

You can state your query and accept PMS/ Recommendations from Tax professionals.

See pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FalseGlimmer

Hi,

Looking for a tax advisor for a PAYE employee who can deal with getting compensation from RSUs, has had investments in UCTIS funds and is formerly a company director.

I seem to be on the losing end of self assessments each year by a small amount, so someone who can also do a general "tax check up" as well and make sure I'm claiming all the credits I should be and so on.

Preferably looking for someone in the Dublin 2 or 4 area but anywhere in south Dublin is fine if we can work via email mainly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi,

Looking for a tax advisor for a PAYE employee who can deal with getting compensation from RSUs, has had investments in UCTIS funds and is formerly a company director..

Are your RSUs not taxed via payroll? That is the way I am generally seeing them treated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FalseGlimmer

Pawwed Rig wrote:
    Are your RSUs not taxed via payroll? That is the way I am generally seeing them treated now.

Yeah, payroll takes care of the initial vesting but them I'm left liable for capital gains on whatever is left (which is straight forward enough in itself). It's just the combination of little things which makes form 11 annoying for me each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

US ETF

Hi looking for a recommendation for Tax advisor to provide calculations on purchase and sale of some US Based ETF's.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Effluo wrote: »
    US ETF

Hi looking for a recommendation for Tax advisor to provide calculations on purchase and sale of some US Based ETF's.

Thanks

These may fall under the funds regime or may be plain investments. The tax calc would be easy but determining which regime they fall into would be labour intensive. Will be expensive unless you already have an opinion provided. Major differences around loss relief etc

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

Can anyone suggest an accountant in Monaghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MMcBrid

Hi, I am looking for an advisor for inheritance / capital gains tax. Preferably in Dublin. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Conorpur

Hi, looking for a tax adviser in the Dublin city area for buying a house in Dublin as a non tax resident of Ireland. Also to talk about issues of returning money to Ireland for purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 doyler55

Can anyone suggest a good accountant for end of year tax returns? Iv heard bogus accountants can get you into more trouble than there worth so would like to start on the right track

• Advertisement

doyler55 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a good accountant for end of year tax returns? Iv heard bogus accountants can get you into more trouble than there worth so would like to start on the right track

Where you based?

Conorpur wrote: »
    Hi, looking for a tax adviser in the Dublin city area for buying a house in Dublin as a non tax resident of Ireland. Also to talk about issues of returning money to Ireland for purchase.

As an investment or are you coming to live?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 doyler55

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Where you based?

D5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Hi, looking for a tax/financial advisor in the Limerick area to give some advice on tax implications on renting my home. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Looking for a reliable tax advisor / financial advisor in Dublin / N. Wicklow. Wife and I lived in a few countries before settling here and need some advice regarding foreign pensions and other investments made before we became resident here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 howay5o

Hi, I'm looking for a tax/financial advisor in the South Dublin/City Centre region who can help with Capital Gains tax queries.

I'm still looking ... see my post two above this one. I've been Googling away feverishly, but can't get a handle on what I should be looking for exactly. Many firms of accountants / tax advisors I've found seem to be heavily focussed on advertising the services they provide to corporate clients not private individuals. I know some of you on here think it's all pretty simple to do yourself, but despite having a scientific / engineering background, even looking at a tax form makes me break into a cold sweat, and it may as well be written in Chinese. I'd much prefer to get a professional to do it for me. So can anyone give any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Alun wrote: »
    I'm still looking ... see my post two above this one. I've been Googling away feverishly, but can't get a handle on what I should be looking for exactly. Many firms of accountants / tax advisors I've found seem to be heavily focussed on advertising the services they provide to corporate clients not private individuals. I know some of you on here think it's all pretty simple to do yourself, but despite having a scientific / engineering background, even looking at a tax form makes me break into a cold sweat, and it may as well be written in Chinese. I'd much prefer to get a professional to do it for me. So can anyone give any suggestions?

Did you ever find anyoen to give you advice?

Im in a similiar situation and not sure if I should talk to a solicitor or an accountant.

Did you ever find anyoen to give you advice?

Im in a similiar situation and not sure if I should talk to a solicitor or an accountant.
    I got a number of recommendations, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lg01

Hi All, looking for a recommendations for a tax advisor / accountant. I have a rental property and I'm well behind in my rental income tax. Any recommendations in Dublin City or South? Thanks

Advertisement