Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System Of A Down

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

/me remembers when I saw SOAD at Ozzfest in Punchestown.
    /me laughs at those that weren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    System are absolutely brilliant.
    I couldnt think of a band better than them , Id love to see them live some day .

They're not very good live.
    I had to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Ah I wouldnt care.

They should play June 11th , Metallica could support them :)

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Ah I wouldnt care.

They should play June 11th , Metallica could support them :)

Ugh...you're turning my stomach here.

Ah Im only messing , It would of been nice if System were the support band at Metallica though .

Ah well , I cant have it all .

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Ah Im only messing , It would of been nice if System were the support band at Metallica though .
    System Of A Down......support.....Metallica...
    Uh, thats the worst idea I've ever heard. Should be System Of A Down with Metallica getting raped as an aftershow. Now that Id pay to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

system are doing an american tour with the mars volta supporting. now if that was to come over here i would soil myself.

but, yeah, from what i've heard System dont have the same punch live as on their albums.

Lovin the sig freeman :D

But yea Ive heard that a few times alright that their not brilliant live , but Id have to hear it to believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

qz wrote:
    Ha, I was there too. I found it rather strange that everyone knew the lyrics to this no name band I never heard of before. Ah to be young and ignorant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

qz wrote:

Yep was there too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Black hole sun

Oeneus wrote:
    I don't think I've ever read a more irritating post.

Anyway, back to the topic. I really have to defend Daron's singing. I absolutely love it. As for the 2 new albums, I thought they were great, but they wore out within a couple of weeks. It just got boring after a short while.

Please sir except my apolgies for offending your eyes. Im afraid that like playing Air Guitar this post seemed like a good idea at the time but in hindsight was a tad stupid.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

but, yeah, from what i've heard System dont have the same punch live as on their albums.
    You've heard wrong,
    Saw them at Ozzfest a few years ago, one of the best live gigs Ive ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

GaRtH_V wrote:
    You've heard wrong,
    Saw them at Ozzfest a few years ago, one of the best live gigs Ive ever seen

agree'd. they were stunning there. saw them on tv last year playing live and they sucked. sounded/looked tired and completely un-animated

You two are the only people I've ever seen defend that performance in the four years since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

System would be one of my favourite bands and I think all of their albums are brilliant.

System of a Down is the heaviest and I love all of the songs on it,I guess it was the most metal.

Toxicity was the first album I got and it was like nothing i'd ever heard,some fun songs on it to :)

Steal This Album.... Well it's just damn catchy :p I love it aswell

Mezmerize when it first came out i loved the first 7/8 songs then I thought the rest wasnt great but it's grown on me since

Hypnotize.... Has some great songs but I feel the middle is a bit forced,just filler. The end (Lonely day,Soldier side) I think is great though.

As for Daron singing, I like it but there's just so much. I kinda forget about Serj sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

You two are the only people I've ever seen defend that performance in the four years since.

i dunno, i doubt we're the only two who thoroughly enjoyed the ozzfest show. i was in the pit and had an absolute ball. on the day i'm sure i said they were better then slayer (despite me not catching the whole slayer set due to mushroomhead)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 SuperfiendAOK

S.O.A.D. Tribute need a Lead Singer!!!

You know what the job requires. Please no messers apply.
    High standard needed!

Band already formed.

pm me

i dunno, i doubt we're the only two who thoroughly enjoyed the ozzfest show. i was in the pit and had an absolute ball. on the day i'm sure i said they were better then slayer (despite me not catching the whole slayer set due to mushroomhead)

I enjoyed their set too, I had a great time.
    But their is no denying that their live peformance is lacking and that they are not very good at entertaining.
    Definatly one of the worst sets of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iarz

My steal this album was actually stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Saw em at puncherstown for ozzfest, one of the best live bands ever imo, but i will agree that the vids i seen of em live recently are terrible.

Loved all theres stuff, hyp and meswerent great at first but they really grew on me and when i got used to them i found there earlier stuff cumbersome. Love all of it but when you listen to system of a down all the way through to hypnotise you realise that its a natural progression. Darron should learn how to stick to harmonys though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

How old is this thread? honestly i think it may have been one of my first post on boards (i had an a/c for ages but never used it)

im liking Attack at the moment,but all in all though havent listened to the band much recently more or less forgot about them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

agh didnt see that it was only resurrected today by iarz............stop resurrecting old threads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Loved the self-titled album. Everything else is really annoying though in my opinion. Daron's voice is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

I agree the second track is the better of the two. This EP seems to be a once off release due to war in their home country.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

great band. daron should stop singing. new material is average at best

According to Serj, Daron should stop trying to have total creative control. He's becoming like James and Lars in one person.

Personally I didn't like the guitar sound on mezmerise/hypnotise. It sounded "messy" for want of a better word.

SOAD, Toxicity and Steal This Album are my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

The tracks are decent, but I don't think the chemistry/desire is there anymore to write another album worthy of their early 2000s standard. Seems like they all have quite different artistic interests these days, and the drummer has drastically different political views to Serj.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/system-of-a-downs-daron-malakian-says-in-fighting-is-preventing-a-new-album-2816827

Still would love to see them play live for the nostalgia buzz!

Advertisement