Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kellyanne Conway child abuse revealed

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Imagine if every time a parent swore around their children it was labelled "child abuse"? Flakes of precious snow, wait til you get out in the real world, you won't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Rezident wrote: »
    Imagine if every time a parent swore around their children it was labelled "child abuse"? Flakes of precious snow, wait til you get out in the real world, you won't last.

Ah here, screaming obscenities at your child isn't "swearing around your children".

False equivalences abound on both sides, as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I do love how people on boards now write thread titles like the Sun write headlines

This.

Half the country is guilty of 'Child Abuse' if this is the benchmark.

I would like to know if the OP has teenage kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

markodaly wrote: »
    This.

Half the country is guilty of 'Child Abuse' if this is the benchmark.

I would like to know if the OP has teenage kids.
    The only reason the thread was created was due to the Trump connection. There is no genuine concern at all for the teenager; it's just another sad way to try and score points by the OP.
    We should expect to see further threads if any former Trump administration personnel have broken red lights, failed to stop fully at a stop sign etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Overheal wrote: »
    Could you trust anything that is said by Kellyanne Conway though

I'd trust her alot more that I'd trust certain posters on this board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

That was a great comeback by Kelly Anne, top marks. The daughter on the other hand is a self entitled spoiled brat, with her head way up the social media cake hole.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They certainly arent the Brady Bunch anyway thats for sure

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/my-mother-s-job-ruined-my-life-another-thrilling-episode-of-the-kellyanne-conway-show-1.4337456
    Over the past few months, the left-leaning 15-year-old TikToker has become a sharp and acerbic critic of both her parents, and her mother’s boss. She has taken a stand against Trump over police protests, Black Lives Matter, the mail-in ballot voting controversy, at one point even asking Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to adopt her. On Sunday, she tweeted: “I’m devastated that my mother is actually speaking at the RNC. like DEVASTATED beyond compare.”
    George Conway’s initial reaction to Trump’s election – he reportedly wept tears of joy for his wife and declared it the “best thing that has happened to her” – has cooled dramatically, and vocally, over the four years since. Lately he has become an increasingly harsh critic of the president, calling him the “Idiot-in-Chief”. Trump, in turn, issued a typically tempered response, calling Conway a “a stone-cold loser and husband from hell” and a “wack job”. Meanwhile, Conway referred to his wife as having been brainwashed by a cult, suffering from Stockholm syndrome and as an overwhelmed mother protecting a destructive man-child. She has publicly accused him of “disrespecting his wife”. It’s all very Hello! magazine.
    On Sunday, Claudia went on to say she was “officially pushing for emancipation. Buckle up because this is probably going to be public one way or another, unfortunately. Welcome to my life.”

“My mother’s job ruined my life ... It’s all about money and fame, ladies and gentlemen,” she tweeted.

She later clarified that she was “not getting emancipated because of my mom’s job ... it is because of years of childhood trauma and abuse”, and said she was taking a “mental health break” from Twitter.

Claudia seems to be an absolute brat . An ingrate.

If I tried that sort of stuff when I was 16, I'd have had the arse flaked off me and it would be well deserved.
    Has she no respect for herself or her parents .

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Cashel Mc

Kellyanne mmmm I so would

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Screen_Shot_2021_01_20_at_4.20.06_PM.0.png

Poor kiddo. All this and then also "literally dying with covid"
    The lmao variant apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kinda sad, from many perspectives. Thank God this wasn’t the world I lived in when I was a teenager.

Exactly, seems like there is a pair of them in it. Mother seems like a bit of a wagon, and the daughter seems like a spoiled attention seeking brat of a teenager.

To call it 'abuse' is going a bit OTT though, seems like the intentional creation of drama and people just going along with it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Standard Irish parenting.
    No it isn't. Not in my family.

The woman is clearly evil.

Exactly, seems like there is a pair of them in it. Mother seems like a bit of a wagon, and the daughter seems like a spoiled attention seeking brat of a teenager.

To call it 'abuse' is going a bit OTT though, seems like the intentional creation of drama and people just going along with it.
    The woman beat her on film.

She reminds me of nuns.

grassylawn wrote: »

I think Trump was a disaster personally.
    I doubt you do.

Honestly some of the comments in this thread sound like they are as 'truthy and as sensible' as something that would come out of Conway's own mouth.

I get huge mommy dearest vibes from that lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Yeah average enough hassle, lots of moms go haywire under stress. Also I don't understand how george conway is in any way responsible, have you ever tried to take custody of a child from a mom in the usa? She'd have to be on skid row shooting up. It does seem like a thread made out of spite.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Very surprising that a Trump loyalist and a Lincoln Project employee are bad people, where was the signs? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Based on that I don't see anything majorly wrong. Could probably use a few lessons from Supernanny. If we ever had a world war again I'd fear for the millennial 'child protection order cos mommy said f***' generation.

I find the 'i don't support conway or trump but i just find everything they do so normal' attitude weird.

Like people think we will out of politeness just let it go.

Why not just admit you really support them?

I would respect it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,842 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

bilbot79 wrote:
    Based on that I don't see anything majorly wrong. Could probably use a few lessons from Supernanny. If we ever had a world war again I'd fear for the millennial 'child protection order cos mommy said f***' generation.

Thank fcuk there's enough humans on the planet, in particular the younger generations, that realise, wars are the dumbest sh1t we ve ever created

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Thank fcuk there's enough humans on the planet, in particular the younger generations, that realise, wars are the dumbest sh1t we ve ever created
    "Pacifism is objectively pro-fascist." - Orwell

If war is always wrong that means that the Allies were wrong to have declared war on Nazi Germany

"There are no winners, only losers. There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American Revolution, World War II and the Star Wars trilogy" - Bart

Should this not be in the politics forum? I had never even heard of this woman until opening this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    In theory yes but that phrase "it's complicated" fits nicely here.

Should this not be in the politics forum? I had never even heard of this woman until opening this thread.
    Nah, it's just a mother/child behaving badly, not politics.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Nah, it's just a mother/child behaving badly, not politics.

But the Opening Post has made it all about politics. Where is Overheal’s posts regarding child abuse happening in Ireland every day? Now that would be a current affair.

There’s no concern for the girl in the TikTok in the OP just reads like the OP wanting to get one up on her parents.

Edited last paragraph.

But the Opening Post has made it all about politics. Where is Overheal’s posts regarding child abuse happening in Ireland every day? Now that would be a current affair.

There’s no concern for the girl in the TikTok in the OP just reads like getting one up on her parents.
    Only because of who she is and the low esteem in which she's held, it's not politics. Yeah, I think it's a teenage drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Anyone who is using or taking advantage of that youngster to get at her mother should hang their head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

There’s no concern for the girl in the TikTok in the OP just reads like the OP wanting to get one up on her parents.

Edited last paragraph.

Also the fact that the thread title has been allowed to stay as it is says a lot about moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

I find the 'i don't support conway or trump but i just find everything they do so normal' attitude weird.

Like people think we will out of politeness just let it go.

Why not just admit you really support them?

I would respect it more.

Agreed. It comes down to cowardice I think. Simply afraid to express their true opinion.

Agreed. It comes down to cowardice I think. Simply afraid to express their true opinion.

Sorry but when did my polling card start telling me I was voting in elections in the USA?

Mods, the presidential election is over and there’s a thread on their new president. Haven’t we our own issues to discuss?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Also the fact that the thread title has been allowed to stay as it is says a lot about moderation.

If you cannot be arsed reporting something please do not complain about moderation.

The sole purpose of this thread seems to be to allow posters to have a dig at those around Trump. A US family spat really is not newsworthy here

Thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement