Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 17th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Kauto wrote: »
    He was out for a spin and picked up the pieces. Wasnt wanted at all.

Say he wasn't 75% fit. Been in a field for most of the last few months.

Yeah, proper horse so.
    I reckon he'll be a seriously good chaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Shades Are Trumps will land a big gamble this year.

Watch the ride on it in the last today. F*ckin rancid sick of the cheating that goes on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Shades Are Trumps will land a big gamble this year.

Watch the ride on it in the last today. F*ckin rancid sick of the cheating that goes on

I just don't have a bet in handicaps anymore. There is no point unless you know what is trying. It is the silly season in full swing now, lots of bolloxing going on, you are far better not having a bet until it gets properly competitive again. Otherwise you end up wasting your stash on stupid bets that haven't a hope.

When a jockey is told not to place it becomes glaring - especially with a few fallers suddenly putting them in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I just don't have a bet in handicaps anymore. There is no point unless you know what is trying. It is the silly season in full swing now, lots of bolloxing going on, you are far better not having a bet until it gets properly competitive again. Otherwise you end up wasting your stash on stupid bets that haven't a hope.

When a jockey is told not to place it becomes glaring - especially with a few fallers suddenly putting them in contention.

Yeah that's for sure the last few months the constant cheating and non trying is ridiculous. I've stayed away from the handidaps as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Yeah that's for sure the last few months the constant cheating and non trying is ridiculous. I've stayed away from the handidaps as well

Don't be afraid of getting on a big handicap - with proper prizemoney - you will find that there is a few triers there.

And whatever you do steer well clear of Dundalk, biggest unholy racket I have seen for years. Ugly stuff week in week out. Far worse than those 6 furlong boat races they have on the Curragh, Naas and up in Navan all summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Don't be afraid of getting on a big handicap - with proper prizemoney - you will find that there is a few triers there.

And whatever you do steer well clear of Dundalk, biggest unholy racket I have seen for years. Ugly stuff week in week out. Far worse than those 6 furlong boat races they have on the Curragh, Naas and up in Navan all summer.

Trainer I know used to run quite a few horses up in Dundalk, he drank in my local you'd be guaranteed every two weeks he'd give a horse for the Friday night would win at 20/40-1 range and be never heard of again.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

mightyreds wrote: »
    Trainer I know used to run quite a few horses up in Dundalk, he drank in my local you'd be guaranteed every two weeks he'd give a horse for the Friday night would win at 20/40-1 range and be never heard of again.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Kauto wrote: »
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not in to horse racing, just the comment reminded me of it, take it what way you want got quite a few nights drinking from it nothing else after that couldn't really care what you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

wah wah wah cant back a winner the game is rigged haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've been waiting on The Great White to go back up in trip and today is the day. I'm certain this fella has a decent prize in him, and while today may not be the day, I'm happy to take the 8s in an open race .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Today was not the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Slattsy wrote: »
    Today was not the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Backed it myself last few times. Stable out of form and he is a soft yoke to go with it.

Advertisement