Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me? 7th Chevron Edition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just kicked off Season 9.

Beau Bridges will always be that guy from Outer Limits - Sandkings to me, no matter what show he's in!
    I like Browder as Mitchell, he has a certain energy that Anderson used to have earlier in the show...which waned a lot towards the end.
    I also like the shift to more Merlin-esque mythology, the ancient Egyptian stuff was done to death & with the fall of the Goa'Uld & System Lords, this is a nice breath of fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Yeah I really liked Cameron.

Jernal wrote: »
    Yeah I really liked Cameron.

Man!!, bullets...bounce!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Browder - 1812 overture :D

Just finished the excellent "The Fourth Horseman" two parter of SG1, season 9. Really getting into full on Ori action now :cool:

This is my second time watching SG1, so have I got it right thus far:

The Alterrans & The Ori were originally a race of human like people in another galaxy. After a rift between the two, the Alterrans left that Galaxy & settled in the Milky Way. They became what we know as 'The Ancients' & eventually ascended. The Ori, also ascended, but not before creating their own descendants, who still reside in that original Galaxy. The Ori created 'Origin', in order to garner power from worship.

• Advertisement

Pretty much, Ancients don't interfere (But do in some ways) while the Ori need their followers for power.

As much as I love SG1 I still think the Ori story could have spawned a whole new series.

As much as I love SG1 I still think the Ori story could have spawned a whole new series.

Indeed.

Why is it though, that the Ancients permit the Ori & their Priors to interfere?

Ancients had the non interference thing going along with their idea that everything has freedom to choose/free will which for what ever reason included the Ori, who at one stage tried to wipe them out completely. Think it was Daniel (Could have been Jack) asked if they even cared what was happening in the universe, can't remember the episode but remember the line.

Ancients had the non interference thing going along with their idea that everything has freedom to choose/free will which for what ever reason included the Ori, who at one stage tried to wipe them out completely. Think it was Daniel (Could have been Jack) asked if they even cared what was happening in the universe, can't remember the episode but remember the line.

So the non-interference policy was only regarding themselves/other Ancients? And because the Ori ascended independently, they weren't bound by the Ancients rules etc?

Or was it that the Ancients allowed the Priors to interfere, because the actions of the Priors were their own free will, & not entirely driven by the Ori?

Ancients followed a more lame ass version of the Prime Directive.

• Advertisement

Mitchell - "We just have the best job in the world don't we?!"
    Carter - "I'm going to hit the shower."
    Jackson - "I'm off to find a doctor."
    Teal'C - "We are indeed suitably employed."

:D

EnterNow wrote: »
    So the non-interference policy was only regarding themselves/other Ancients? And because the Ori ascended independently, they weren't bound by the Ancients rules etc?

I think that when they were the one group part of what made them split was those two different outlooks. Ancients only policed themselves afterwards, in their interesting way.
    Or was it that the Ancients allowed the Priors to interfere, because the actions of the Priors were their own free will, & not entirely driven by the Ori?

Not entirely sure but I think it was as a whole they allowed the interference and not because the Ori allowed the priors to do their bidding.

I know what I'm watching this weekend :)

I know what I'm watching this weekend :)

The Ori Arc? Or a full run through? :p

Ori, been a while since I saw it as my last run through I stopped before it for some reason.

Ori, been a while since I saw it as my last run through I stopped before it for some reason.

So just kick off from Season 9? Cool, I'm near the end of Season 9 now...then I'm onto the last season of SG1 :(

Might even start it tomorrow night, get an episode or two in if possible but season 9 is a good area to start up again.

On to SGA afterwards or did you merge the two?

On to SGA afterwards or did you merge the two?

Watching them side by side, three episodes of one & then I switch over to the other

Just finished the SG1 Season 9 finale:

Two Daedalus class X304's
    Multiple Ha'Tak vessels, Jaffa & Lucian Alliance controlled
    An Asgard Ship

V

Four Ori vessels, which tore all the others apart. All to the backdrop of a Holy War. What a f**king show :cool:

All of Atlantis is on Irish Netflix happy days :D

Just watched the pilot of Atlantic. I'd forgotten how dark the Wraith were in the beginning. The whole way they reveal what they fed was on rather creepy and had so much potential.
    Don't get me wrong I loved the series but I think if you compare the first episode to what the wraith actually became it's a disappointment. :(

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    Just watched the pilot of Atlantic. I'd forgotten how dark the Wraith were in the beginning. The whole way they reveal what they fed was on rather creepy and had so much potential.
    Don't get me wrong I loved the series but I think if you compare the first episode to what the wraith actually became it's a disappointment. :(

Yeah they did dumb down the darkness a bit alright, & I noticed this time how difficult it was to kill a Wraith in the beginning, versus how easy it became later on :D

I really enjoyed the Lt Ford episodes this time too, the Season 2 ones where he has been changed & is living day to day, & eventually forms a band of enhanced, enzyme addicted followers. He was pretty bad-ass in those episodes.

I didn't like Ford that much, it felt like the team was written to reflect the make up of the SG1 team and he in an odd way was to reflect Teal'c, in some ways he did but in most he was more like the outsider of the group. What they made him into when he went all wild boy was much better.

What they made him into when he went all wild boy was much better.

Definitely, it made him a far more interesting character. Pity they didn't keep it running for longer.

Yeah that was a lost opportunity, there was potential for him to cause more mayhem even if it was only a few extra episodes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Watched Continuum. Generally liked it. Pretty much all the core characters were in there - throwbacks to the earlier days. Timeline thing was OK.

Kicked off the final season of SG-1 :( I'll be watching it alongside Atlantis season 3, looking forward to the excellent Connor Trinneer episodes {Michael - The Wraith}

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Watching the all again on sky1 o neills face while carter is explaining what a wormhole is in the episode a matter of time :D

"Fly Luscious...fly...." :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Planning on doing a full run through myself now. Not sure how i'll watch them though. Obviously, SG1 till the end of season 7. But i'm not sure if i'll watch them both side by side, or do a season at a time. Haven't seen them in a while though, so looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Also going to watch these again, probably watched them all already about 3 times at this stage but the wife has never seen them, we are currently watching Buffy and Angel as she never seen them and wanted to check them out. The humour actually holds up pretty well. anyways.. looking forward to watching Stargate again, ONeill has to be one of the best written and acted SciFi characters ever.

Advertisement