Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tour guide jobs

Options
  • 25-05-2009 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

not sure if this goes here or history but anywhoo

anyone know where best to apply for a tour guide in dublin
    going into 3rd year of college and am doing history,irish and did a bit of arch

do you need to be qualified for tour guides and/or info people and centres and castles and the likes

appreciate any help possible

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I've asked for a job in Sligo before, I don't think there's a specific qualification but a degree would help. Thing is though I think you are probably too late to apply this year, I was told in may a few years ago that they hire for these positions in about february. If you want I can move this thread to work and jobs you might get more views/better info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The OPW look after quite a lot of historic buildings, castles etc. and usually advertise for seasonal tour guides in the main newspapers.

www.opw.ie

Advertisement