Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kevin Barry

Options
  • 23-04-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

after i took apart a very old picture which the frame hadnt been opened in at least 60 years, i found a large print which i know now to be kevin barry in a rugby jersey, had no idea who it was,
    anyway cosidering this print is very old would it be somthing i should keep or are there loads out there? googles not throwing up much to me!
    thanks!
    also i know there loads of prints of kevin barry available, just wondering as mine is so old.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭PatsytheNazi

bubbles747 wrote: »
    after i took apart a very old picture which the frame hadnt been opened in at least 60 years, i found a large print which i know now to be kevin barry in a rugby jersey, had no idea who it was,
    anyway cosidering this print is very old would it be somthing i should keep or are there loads out there? googles not throwing up much to me!
    thanks!
    also i know there loads of prints of kevin barry available, just wondering as mine is so old.
    Hard to say, maybe you should get an antique dealer or someone similiar to check it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Not sure if it would be very valuable, it depends on the condition. If it is the picture I am thinking of it is a well known picture. Is it a photograph or a postcard or what ? I know the Kevin Barry mass-death card can be worth a bit but that print you mention I have never seen it come up at auction by itself so it is hard to put a value on it's own. You could look through the old www.adams.ie or www.whytes.ie Irish Independence related auction catalogues to get an idea. Post up a photo of it if you can.

Advertisement