Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replace T90XR with T90SR

• 16-01-2021 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

I notice the T90xr is rated online as 8.5/9.5kw and the T90sr is rated as 9.0kw. I believe the sr is a direct replacement for the xr and that the plumbing is exactly the same. Is the wiring/cable rating the same also?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The wiring regulations now require 10mm for 9kw and over. In practice 6mm is OK on 9kw up to 15 metres so long as the cable isn't in or under insulation.

ESB were using 6mm cable on 9kw when they were installing electric showers that they sold in the old ESB retail outlets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks for the quick reply.

House is small. Only 8m in length. So cable will be well under 15m.

The xr currently installed replaced a t90si about 8 years ago. Electrician installed then with no cable upgrade. I guess the electrical regulation update was since then?

Will double check that it is 10mm. I believe the easiest way to tell is that the 6mm have a single core earth and the 10mm has a multiwire earth?

I believe the plumbing on both models is the exact same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Plumbing is the same. I'd be content with 6mm. If it's 10mm all the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks for the replies.

Shower replaced. Found that the old one had a 09/09 date stamp on it. So I think I made the right call to replace instead of new brushes or possibly a pump.

Plumbing and electrics identical for the XR and SR (Photo attached).

Wiring is 6mm. Probably 5m max from fuse board to the isolation switch and 3m max on to the shower. Old XR shower was 8.5kw. New SR shower is 9.0kw.

Advertisement