Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy £50 Amazon gift card, and get £6 promo

Options
  • 15-01-2021 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Just saw this deal this morning on amazon,

Get a £6 promo code towards future Amazon orders when you purchase £50 or more of Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards. Please follow the steps below to activate this offer.
    Offer is limited to customers who have not purchased an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card in the past 36 months.
    Offer has a limit of one reward per Amazon account.
    For full promotion terms and conditions, please scroll down this page.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=11301518031&ref_=UK_Incent_GC_MAPLE_Desktop_VC_50-6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thanks.

It should make a dent in the import duties on a bigger purchase if nothing else.

Bear in mind, have noticed in my wishlist that a lot less items fulfilled by Amazon are now shipping to ROI addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Basq wrote: »
    Thanks.

It should make a dent in the import duties on a bigger purchase if nothing else.

Bear in mind, have noticed in my wishlist that a lot less items fulfilled by Amazon are now shipping to ROI addresses.

And some of mine no longer have shipping to Ireland included under Prime i.e. the sellers of certain goods only appear if you have a UK address - I switched back to Parcel Motel and a whole host of previous sellers with free Prime delivery to UK appeared. And I definitely have many orders from those sellers before with free Prime delivery to my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, exactly.

Just one example.. the exact same item but with an address change. Shame but thems the breaks!

Screenshot-20210115-095451.pngScreenshot-20210115-095553.png

So why would Amazon not delivery to Ireland for its own sales, and those of many of its sellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Not eligible, as usual.

• Advertisement

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Not eligible, as usual.

Set up a secondary account, always useful in any event. Though it might not work for this for brand new accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Worked for me, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

got it too even though i'm sure i dont meet this requirement: "Offer is limited to customers who have not purchased an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card in the past 36 months."
    amazon works in mysterious ways... thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Did anyone get the credit? I registered and topped up but nothing came after 48 hours. Had to get onto support and they issued as a "goodwill" gesture as if I wasn't entitled to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Did anyone get the credit? I registered and topped up but nothing came after 48 hours. Had to get onto support and they issued as a "goodwill" gesture as if I wasn't entitled to it.

Same thing happened me. They said I topped up last October so should not be eligible, but added it for me then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Thanks, I don't think I've ever got a credit without chasing down customer services!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Thanks, I don't think I've ever got a credit without chasing down customer services!

It appears as additional discount when you place your next order.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

I got an email within 45 minutes of getting the gift card that the benefit was added to my account.

It doesn't appear in your balance but gets taken off on checkout

Advertisement