Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collard & Collard Piano

Options
  • 24-11-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I have a Collard & Collard piano which is not tuned to concert pitch. Does anyone know if it is possible to tune it.

My Mother claims that the piano was purchased in 1949 and that it was new at the time. I have recently spoken to a piano tuner who doubted it was new then. He also said it isn't possible to tune the piano. He hadn't seen the piano.

Anyone in the know out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pomegranates

the tuner was probably saying that the hardware of the piano is too old to retune successfully, the strings could have deteriorated from all the years of play and temperature change, and the hammers and silencers are made of natural fibers so are most likely after being worn away,

if this is the case you've got a lovely piece of furniture rather than an instrument because a refurb of the piano would be necessary and it isn't cheap !!

all that said without seeing the piano no one could make an informed opinion, everything could be in great condition... so do your best to get a tuner around to your house because if its in good nick just out of tune, it's an easily solvable problem

• Registered Users Posts: 22 burnyfingers

get in touch with 'Holland Pianos', ask for Sandra, they are the best in Ireland at knowing what's what when it comes to pianos

Advertisement