Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Tax Refund

Options
  • 04-03-2019 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I was working for a company from Stephens’s day to the middle of January 2019. I was emergency taxed and I was wondering what I have to do to go about getting it refunded. I am currently unemployed however, I am not on social welfare as I do not need the money at the minute.

Do I just send in a form p50.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

To get the emergency tax paid between 26/12/2018 to 31/12/2018 you need to do a Form 12 on myaccount to get a P21. If you are owed a refund of tax you'll get it via the P21.

To get your emergency paid in 2019 back you'll need to do a P50, correct, though it might be worth giving Revenue a call as the PAYE system has changed as of this year and I'm not certain the P50 is still a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

wiggle16 wrote: »
    To get your emergency paid in 2019 back you'll need to do a P50, correct, though it might be worth giving Revenue a call as the PAYE system has changed as of this year and I'm not certain the P50 is still a requirement.

I was curious about this too as they have consistently said during the course of PMOD that all the "P forms" would be gone. Revenue's site still ( as updated 31/12/18 ) refers to the P50 as in use. So as you said OP should give them a call to be sure on this element of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

wiggle16 wrote: »
    To get the emergency tax paid between 26/12/2018 to 31/12/2018 you need to do a Form 12 on myaccount to get a P21. If you are owed a refund of tax you'll get it via the P21.

You can just request a P21 if your situation is uncomplicated. No need to do a form 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

OP were you paid for this work in December or in January?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Sean_Darmady

I was paid for the work in 2019. I actually just got a letter today after sending in the form p50, it was confirming my bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I was paid for the work in 2019. I actually just got a letter today after sending in the form p50, it was confirming my bank details.

Don't be distracted by letter confirming your bank details .

Remenber increasing your tax credits reduces your tac liability ,.

So one example is if you had a full medical card for this period claim from Revenue Also check www.revenue.ie for other tax credits available

Advertisement