Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sir Alex Ferguson rushed to hospital Mod note #132

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Talk about coming out of no where. Hopefully it’s not as bad as they are saying but with Darren not in the dug out for their match with Wigan today it can’t be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

MrMac84 wrote: »

Jaysus, that's grim :(

Hopefully he recovers, looked in good health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sad to hear that - hope he recovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It doesn’t matter who I support, the man is a legend and for the sake of himself and his family, I wish him the best and hope he pulls through this. Very serious situation by the sound of it, if he can fight as hard as his United teams did, he has a very good chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just read it a few minutes ago and was shocked.

Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Very sad news.

Always liked Sir Alex. Probably the greatest manager of all time and a man of class.

Hopefully he pulls through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Lord TSC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/992838703663009793

Sky and others reporting it. Rumors of a bleed on the brain, a cardiac arrest and a possible coma :(

I know its a very serious situation (sadly have personal experience of it) and I wish him a full and speedy recovery, but the first comment on the link really made me laugh. I'd imagine even Fergie would get a smile out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I know its a very serious situation (sadly have personal experience of it) and I wish him a full and speedy recovery, but the first comment on the link really made me laugh. I'd imagine even Fergie would get a smile out of it.

Idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Harmless dark sense of humour like myself etc etc.

All the same hope to see him in the stands at Old Trafford again soon someday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Didn't suffer fools gladly as a manager, the best of premier league "old-school" by a distance. Hopefully he will make a good recovery, massive spectrum of how bad a brain haemorrhage can be, fingers crossed his was a small bleed.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Idiot

I read Fergies Autobiography and he seemed to have a dark sense of humour, I'd say he would appreciate that joke :pac:

The man is a true legend, he was my hero growing up as a United supporter and as someone who was born in 1990...... MUFC is Sir Alex Ferguson. I hope he gets back to full health and is watching us from the stands as we win the treble next year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Greatest of all time in my book amongst old school or anyone else. A phenomenal manager and I’ve said that for years. And I’m not a United fan.

Hope he pulls through but doesn’t sound good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hopefully he makes a full and quick recovery.

Greatest manager of all time IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Greatest of all time in my book amongst old school or anyone else.

I appreciate your sentiment but that sounds a bit like an obituary. Hold off a little bit - this guy's a rough and tough fighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The man ruined my childhood and that's the biggest compliment I can pay him.

A genuine legend of the game and its extremely sad to hear this tonight. I hope he pulls through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Emotional and out of order, apologizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Awful news. I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    I appreciate your sentiment but that sounds a bit like an obituary. Hold off a little bit - this guy's a rough and tough fighter.

It was a reply to a comment above that said he was the best old school manager which I thought read that “he was the best in his time”. He’s the best manager of all time end of story was all that I meant. The man is obviously tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Are Am Eye wrote: »

No it doesn't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,210 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

How bad is he actually though. I've seen reports from no way back to he is recovering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

niallo27 wrote: »
    How bad is he actually though. I've seen reports from no way back to he is recovering.

Had a procedure undertaken for a brain haemorrhage which went very well. Period in intensive care now.

Sounds like he had a lucky escape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

nice quote showing what a great man Sir Alex is
    Kenny Dalglish has revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson was one of the first people to offer his help to Liverpool after the Hillsborough disaster.

“When the Hillsborough disaster happened back in 1989, Sir Alex Ferguson was straight on the phone to offer his help in any way he could,” Dalglish said. “People out there have different opinions about him. Some love him, some hate him, but when something terrible happens, like Hillsborough, Alex is one of the first asking what he can do. So although there is an intense rivalry between Manchester United and Liverpool, it would never prevent Alex from offering his assistance, which is exactly what he did back then.”

niallo27 wrote: »

There is no way a credible source would report that given the information that the media are privy to..Never mind the lack of respect to his family. I would be interested in seeing where you came across such a report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A complete bastard of the game, I can only hope his post op recovery is a 100% success. he's earned a long healthy retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wish him a full speedy recovery, legendary manager

There is no way a credible source would report that. I would be interested in seeing where you came across such a report.

Official Utd statement
    STATEMENT REGARDING SIR ALEX FERGUSON
    Sir Alex Ferguson has undergone emergency surgery today for a brain haemorrhage.

The procedure has gone very well but he needs a period of intensive care to optimise his recovery.

His family request privacy in this matter.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Official Utd statement

I was talking about the "no way back" remark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I was talking about the "no way back" remark

Twitter. Should know to ignore most **** on there to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I will show him the same respect as he showed for my club

But for his family I hope he pulls through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Fcuk your club tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Hopefully not as bad as it sounds. He deserves a long and happy retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Fcuk your club tbh.

Not in his lifetime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,132 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Vile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

How necessary was that comment?

NukaCola wrote: »

It lets people know how to treat him in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Don't feed...

Anyway, AF is one of, if not the, greatest managers football has ever seen. Seemed a decent man too. Hope he pulls through

NukaCola wrote: »

Not necessary at all. Better off just saying nothing. Just looking for a reaction.

Always one grown adult cnut trying to derail the thread with an impish troll remark

FWIW Ferguson ALWAYS congratulated City when they prevailed, he even took Pep out to dinner last month to congratulate him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Worrying news. Surgeons seem to be encouraged so hopefully he will be on the mend soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hopefully the recovery will be a complete success and there will be excessive Fergie time.

Always one grown adult cnut trying to derail the thread with an impish troll remark

FWIW Ferguson ALWAYS congratulated City when they prevailed, he even took Pep out to dinner last month to congratulate him.

Manchester City were able to keep it classy.
    https://twitter.com/mancity/status/992847735043887104?s=21

Edit: to follow mod note

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

pjohnson wrote: »
    Its just a certain type of their fan I guess that has no decency in their body.

Some people are just toxic. Nothing to do with the club they support or anything else like that, it is who they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: Alright, moving on from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

As a Newcastle fan, he probably is one of the big reasons we didnt win two league titles in a row (and God knows how many more after those 2) in the Mid 90s. Wudnt wish this on anyone tho. Hope he pulls through ... even if it's just to watch Jose's anti football ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Shocking news.
    Legendary manager.

His success at Utd was hard for rival fans but he just had to be respected but I always liked him and enjoyed his style of football, interviews and insights.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Ferguson is never a man to give up. If anyone has the fight in them to get through something like this, it's him.

Horrible time for his family. Wish both him and them all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Don't like the man, hope he pulls through though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Ah lads if fergie goes, thats my whole childhood in tatters. Big man better pull through. The man has a big heart with passion for whatever he doing so hopefully the heart and brain pulls through and he beats this ****

• Advertisement
Advertisement