Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain DNS nameservers cannot be updated?

Options
  • 26-10-2020 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to use netlify to deploy a site for the domain I have hosted with you. I have the site set up and am just trying to redirect the domain to it, and the directions have said to update the DNS nameservers to use the ones from netlify as seen here

When I try and update the nameservers though I'm getting an error (updated my domain name) 
    Update of name servers for domain <my-domain>.ie failed: Could not push update of 'https://blackreg.com/v1/domains/<my-domain>.ie': Bad Request.

Could not service request, correct request and try again: Parameter value policy error [While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns1.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
    Answer from dns1.p03.nsone.net does not match that from ns1.blacknight.com
    While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns2.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
    While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns3.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
    While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns4.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
    Answer from dns1.p03.nsone.net does not match that from ns1.blacknight.com]
    [Error/status code: 400][Body: ]
    Error Code: 0x10352eed.

Report ID: 11286778

Happy to go into more details if you need them? it looks like there is a failed check somewhere preventing me from making the change? Any insight would be good!

Cheers!
    Red

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hey guys, 

I'm trying to use netlify to deploy a site for the domain I have hosted with you. I have the site set up and am just trying to redirect the domain to it, and the directions have said to update the DNS nameservers to use the ones from netlify as seen here

When I try and update the nameservers though I'm getting an error (updated my domain name) 
    Update of name servers for domain <my-domain>.ie failed: Could not push update of 'https://blackreg.com/v1/domains/<my-domain>.ie': Bad Request.

Could not service request, correct request and try again: Parameter value policy error [While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns1.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
    While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns2.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
    While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns3.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
    While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns4.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
    Answer from dns1.p03.nsone.net does not match that from ns1.blacknight.com]
    [Error/status code: 400][Body: ]
    Error Code: 0x10352eed.

Report ID: 11286778

Happy to go into more details if you need them? it looks like there is a failed check somewhere preventing me from making the change? Any insight would be good!

Cheers!
    Red
    best to log a helpdesk request to get this ssorted

Please open a ticket with our helpdesk directly

The most common issue with updating .ie domain names is that the new DNS servers aren't configured correctly and the system checks before allowing the switch.

Michele

Advertisement