Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler tripping Fuse

Options
  • 22-01-2021 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Good evening all
    Would anyone be able to help. My oil boiler keeps tripping the electric.

Sometimes it trips straight away and other times it will run for a while.

Any help would be greatly appreciated given the current weather warnings.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Usually caused by circulation pump, but could be anything really.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnytdi

Good morning all further update. The boiler has stopped tripping the fuse and will now run for a couple of minutes before cutting out.
    It ran this morning for 10mins then cut out. I checked the the rads box sign of heat. I checked around the boiler the pipe going to the pump was warm but the outlet pipe was cold.

Any ideas thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

johnnytdi wrote: »
    Good morning all further update. The boiler has stopped tripping the fuse and will now run for a couple of minutes before cutting out.
    It ran this morning for 10mins then cut out. I checked the the rads box sign of heat. I checked around the boiler the pipe going to the pump was warm but the outlet pipe was cold.

Any ideas thanks.

Get a reputable service guy out to check it over. There are a load of reasons this might be happening.

Advertisement