Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracy Chapman

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

She is a great singer. Still refuses to have her music sampled and sued Niki Minaj at one stage for doing so without permission

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

6541 wrote: »
    Has she really got a fast car ?

No think it was her boyfriend that had it no?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

TC has some great tunes. Some classics that are great for playing out on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭KaneToad

VeVeX wrote: »
    Was never a fan. Completely overrated by Irish people, like David Gray.

I disagree. An original voice. Good song writer. Above average guitar player.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    No think it was her boyfriend that had it no?

Doubt she had a boyfriend...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

KaneToad wrote: »
    Doubt she had a boyfriend...

Why?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

iamstop wrote: »
    Why?

Unconfirmed rumours that she is gay

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Unconfirmed rumours that she is gay

Apologies, I thought she was an out gay woman. I thought I'd read an interview with a former partner of hers.

None of my business to be speculating on her sexuality...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

KaneToad wrote: »
    Apologies, I thought she was an out gay woman. I thought I'd read an interview with a former partner of hers.

None of my business to be speculating on her sexuality...

It's not about Out/Not Out. She's the kinda person that draws a hard line between personal life and public image.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lalababa wrote: »
    Tracy chapman sounded a bit like a fella. Songs were very catchy and unusual for the mainstream music media at the time, same with David Grey.
    I'd like to hear TC sing some of DG s songs and vice versa.
    Captain beef heart was streets ahead of TC of course and much underated... don't you know..��

been playing/jammin "gimmie one reason" lately ....great tune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Mulbert

Superb, and she still sounds different like before.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Mulbert

She deserves a bump!!?

Advertisement