Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zones reporting problems

Options
  • 11-01-2021 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Hi

I had an incident with the HKC panel late last year (power cut, was doing an interview and the inside bell started ringing, couldn't turn it off, ripped the bell out of the panel).

Now I get sporadic problems with zones reporting as open. Was fine for 2 months, but now two zones, in the space of 2 days are reporting being open.

Anyone know is the panel is knackered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi

I had an incident with the HKC panel late last year (power cut, was doing an interview and the inside bell started ringing, couldn't turn it off, ripped the bell out of the panel).

Now I get sporadic problems with zones reporting as open. Was fine for 2 months, but now two zones, in the space of 2 days are reporting being open.

Anyone know is the panel is knackered?

How old is the system?
    Have you tested sensors to confirm nothing is faulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

altor wrote: »
    How old is the system?
    Have you tested sensors to confirm nothing is faulty?

It was a mouse who ate the wires under the floorboards!! He didn't eat the whole way through so was able to use other codes in one wire, and bypass the other

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

It was a mouse who ate the wires under the floorboards!! He didn't eat the whole way through so was able to use other codes in one wire, and bypass the other

At lease you found the cable he had ate through.
    Glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement