Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Folklore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

The tickets didn’t sell well & they ended up being given away. Not a good look when 5 nights sell for Garth and multiple dates also sell well for Ed!

Thought this was a lovely gesture from Taylor. I like a few classic Don McClean tunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Olive00

​Yes, I love Taylor Swift so much! Her album Folklore is amazing, especially I love song Cardigan.

Albarn plays his songs, Taylor plays hers, and the watching public picks their favourite – my money’s on a Swift victory

Some entertainment for a Tuesday - am a fan of blur and some Gorillaz. His take on Taylor’s music being ‘endlessly upbeat’ is a major giveaway he’s probably only heard Shake it Off and one of her worst songs - Me!

Taylor shouldn’t be getting this slack at this stage in her career.

What a beautiful song :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I don’t think it’s as good as the song on Red that he was guest on. And it kind of just stays the same throughout with no real climax. There was no great ending in the video, like there is in the Red song where both singers turn up to collect their kids. It is a good enough song tho, and I guess the big thing about this video is that it is the same 2 actors playing same characters after the 10 or so years.

• Advertisement

Someone else shared the same opinion as yourself to me today :-) Agree it doesn’t have a bridge really, however I really like the verse, chorus, string melody. It’s very good. Not mad on the video - it doesn’t really go anywhere. Nice to see the two actors reunited from Everything has Changed. I loved ‘Run’ from Red too, one of my favourites. Not mad on the re record of Everything has changed however.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I was kind-of ignoring Taylor Swift until I heard some good things about Folklore and Evermore. I don't see me going back to her previous work, though I liked the song she did for the Hunger Games soundtrack with The Civil Wars, Safe And Sound. The one song that has me taking her more seriously now is The Last Great American Dynasty from Folklore, which is a bit of a sleeper. It's kind-of laid-back, understated, but is also a fat middle finger to her critics.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I love this song. Really like the instrumental arrangement also from the Studio sessions 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I enjoyed Taylor's NYU speech. I'm delighted for her achievement! On another note, I'm obsessed with right where you left me at the moment! I've always enjoyed it but I'm in awe at how great and emotionally impactful (to me) that song is.

Apologies for the delayed reply, this new boards website has me missing notifications and thread updates frequently. I loved Taylor’s speech that day, some inspiring words. I’ve recently turned on folklore again - it’s a really beautiful album. Love right where you left me from Evermore too @Artane2002 - it’s an earworm for sure!

I wonder where she’ll go from here with re-recording, I read somewhere there’s a lawsuit against ‘Shake it off’ which might delay the release of 1989, as always we’ll be kept guessing! Would love for her to tour or release some new music. Looking forward to hearing her song Carolina from the movie Where the Crawdad’s Sing too

• Advertisement

No worries about the reply! Yesterday she seemed to drop an Easter egg for 1989 (Taylor's Version) in a video of an award acceptance, where she walked past a sign that said '1989 Secret Sessions'. I doubt she'd release 1989 though because of the Shake It Off lawsuit, it would be a bad look for her to basically say she doesn't care about the case and that she'll make money off the song anyway. The lawsuit is planned for November. She can't release Speak Now (Taylor's Version) either because her trademark for 'Speak Now' expired and OnePlus applied for it a week after Taylor's trademark expired. 'Speak Now (Taylor's Version)' is considered to be too similar to 'Speak Now' and so was rejected. There seems to be two applications to be resolved - one was due to expire on May 30th but was extended for another 6 months while the other expires on July 26th. The implication of this is that while she technically can release the album, she can't advertise or do promotion for it. Debut is the only option but surely she'll save it for last. She seems to be stuck at the moment, we've just passed the 1 year anniversary of the Red TV announcement.

There were rumours of a tour next year, let's hope they come to fruition! I'm excited for Carolina too!

Carolina dropping tonight! This might kick start more activity from her. The 1989 situation seems very tricky, I hope she wins as Ed Sheeran did in his lawsuit or there'll be a major problem for creative songwriters going forward.

I'd say she'll win, it's a silly lawsuit. 'Players gonna play' is the most generic phrase ever and is found in multiple songs!

I'm excited for Carolina too! I've only listened to the first snippet because I'd rather keep it a mystery for excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

‘Carolina’ isn’t that great a song. But the movie looks good, I think it will be up for awards. This girl from Normal People could be in with a chance of a best actress Oscar.

Ok listened to the song Carolina a few times this evening - it's a nice song. Feeling a little underwhelmed so far. Good versus, like the theme of the music, it's just lacking something for me at the moment.

Went to see ‘Where the Crawdad’s Sing’ in the cinema, really enjoyed it. The song now has resonated more with me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

New album announced overnight at the VMA's.

Released on October 21st. "Midnights"

Chances of this coming to Ireland? Croke Park poor sales night two from 2018 won’t help Ireland’s cause.

Well they've confirmed a UK tour so I imagine she will come here? I think she has more hype now than she did in 2018 and it feels like a secondary peak for her. She gained lots of fans from folkmore, so if she goes big for this era as is looking likely, I think she could pull it off. I'm very excited for this album, the tracks I'm looking forward to hearing the most are Karma (obviously 😉) and Vigilante Sh*t. I was sad to hear that 'self-loathing' is one of the things that kept her up at night, I'm guessing that is the theme of Anti-Hero?

• Advertisement

Just 24 hours to go to release :-) I’m interested in what the ‘surprise’ is that’s coming listed for Friday. There are two music videos being released between Friday and midweek next week which have already been announced. I’m very interested to hear how she’s collaborated with Lana Del Ray in Snow on the beach and also what Sweet Nothing sounds like. I’ve a feeling Vigilante Sh** and Karma will be classic Taylor and will be major songs for the tour. Having not heard any of the so called ‘leaks’ yesterday - I really don’t know what to expect music genre wise. Really hope she comes to Ireland and hope it’s not the same mess as it was in 2018 if she does re night 2 Croke Park.

I'm guessing the surprise is a documentary to do with the album. Unfortunately I've had Snow On The Beach spoiled so I already have an idea of what it sounds like. It's pretty difficult to resist the urge to listen but I'll wait a day.

Looking through the comments on the Reddit leaks thread - some are good but many are unfavourable. Hard to know what’s coming!

Yes, there is one particular song that is supposedly polarising, which means I'll probably like it since I like YNTCD, SIO, and LWYMMD, which fans criticise. I don't mind ME! at all but I don't generally go out of my way to listen to it. either. Good signs for this song then!

Some Irish Swifties on the leaks thread on Reddit are claiming to hear Wicklow being mentioned in one of the songs. Interesting!

Here is her new music video. More to come I hear!

I'm not feeling this album so far to be honest, need more time. The deluxe tracks are much better in my opinion so it's madness to me that they're just bonus songs rather than the actual album.

I agree. I don’t understand the production direction across the entire album, her vocals are lost, the Lana Del Ray collab is poor with just having her on backing vocals. There are no acoustic sounds throughout the album despite some songs crying out for them. And even for the pop numbers - none of these songs really ‘take off’ and are left underwhelming with minimal production used as a strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Brilliant song I only heard a few day ago. I’ve been listening to it a lot in last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Stick on a decent pair of headphones, and give it a good listen. It’s fantastic. After multiple listens I’m hooked. The bonus tracks are a must as in my opinion they are stronger than some of the 13 on the original Midnights.

Advertisement