Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Feedback

Options
  • 21-01-2021 11:13pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just thinking of re-organising a couple of things with the Stickies that don't get posted in too much and thought I'd check if ye had any feelings on it before I do so.

The following threads don't seem to get much attention so I've been considering unsticking them:
    • Song of the Day (31 Songs inspired)
    • The "Recommend me some new music?" Thread
    • Music Docs on the TV this week.

The main type of thing I've found I needed to clean up here, tends to be when someone comes along to post about their own bands. A few months ago someone attempted to put a thread together about fresh Irish acts. I'm thinking it might be usefull to sticky that, so if anyone wants to comment about their own band or a friends band, it could be put there. (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058102809)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I know that there's a limit on how many threads can be stickied in each forum, but I feel that the "Recommend Me Some New Music " thread should be kept stickied.
    Or, a new thread incorporating that with the, "What are you listening to at the moment( that you'd recommend)..." thread.

Otherwise, I agree re: Irish bands thread. They need all the encouragement we can give them right now.

I like it here, quite simply, it does what it needs to do.
    Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

No real issue with the number of stickied topics, it's just whether or not they are being used and if ye saw any value in'em. It just seems to me the "What are you listening to at the moment?" thread could also be a recommendation type of discussion too, as that's what one is actively interested in and promoting it at that point in time.

Will see what a few other people also think on it before doing anything.

Advertisement