Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq (sony) CRT, 22"

Options
  • 26-11-2020 2:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭

ITEM: Compaq P1220 22" CRT monitor
    POST/COLLECTION: Collection (can deliver if very near me)
    PRICE: Free
    PAYMENT METHOD: N/A

sticking it here first rather than on adverts (because someone would take it simply because it's free rather than having a use for it). not that i expect anyone to take it.

if anyone feels they have too much room on their desk, i have one of these in perfect working order, free to a good home. i am not putting it in the post, it weighs as much as a small moon but has great image quality.

https://www.cnet.com/products/compaq-p1220-crt-monitor-22-series/

534244.jpg

collection in D9 if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fairly sure these have a Mitsubishi Diamondtron tube so yeah they use Sony trinitron tech.

I'd be all over this if I had the space!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

30kg of CRT 22inch'ness right there :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

o1s1n wrote: »
    Fairly sure these have a Mitsubishi Diamondtron tube so yeah they use Sony trinitron tech.
    yep, i just spotted it explicitly says diamondtron in the link i provided. i thought it had been a trinitron till now.
    unfortunately i can't change the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Diamondtron pretty much is Trinitron - Sony's Trinitron patent ran out for the last few years of CRT production, so everyone started copying it.

This isn't far off a Sony GDM-FW900 tbh. It's made by Mitsubishi/NEC who have made some of the best CRTs of all time.

I keep mentally trying to figure out if I have an empty spot anywhere in my apartment. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yeah, but if you're not looking at it, it's almost like it's not there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I've been looking for one of these since my Diamondtron got damaged. If nobody else wants it I am prepared to take it.

You're welcome to it if you want it.

MontgomeryClift is going to take this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Wow another great free bee, great to see such generosity here.

this is gone, cheers to MontgomeryClift, nice chap indeed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement